Garmin Connect Integration / Sync

My wife has a charge hr 2 and is enjoying being part of the Fitbit community with the daily step challenges.

I have a garmin fenix due to its multi sport functionality for triathlon etc. However I'd love to get involved with the challenges.

Please fitbit allow us garmin users to sync our daily activity with you...from what I can see garmin allows you to sync the other way round.

Moderator edit: added label

263 Comments
mjgagne
Jogger

I absolutely loved my fitbit when I had it but for my training the garmin fits my needs better. I miss the fitbit app and community. I wish I could sync my garmin to the fitbit app and keep challenging all my friends and the bades, i loved those badges. If i could sync my steps I would be happy and I know a lot of people would be. I read a post that someone would be willing to pay for the app if it could sync the steps from garmin, i would too.

amybel
First Steps

I really wish I could sync my garmin with fitbit, so that my steps were accurate.  Not just sync activities, but steps - so that the accurate # would show in both the fitbit app and garmin connect.  It's really frustrating.  Wearing both devices is crazy and I do all my runs with my garmin on, otherwise wear my fitbit all day.

Kscottcap
First Steps

Just got my Flex, and so far I've really enjoyed using it to track my fitness goals. I would love to challenge my friends who have Garmin products, especially since my most active friend, and a frequent marathon/tirathlon participant is a Garmin user. I'd like to try to keep up with him step for step! Please make this happen!

TheGarratt
First Steps

I would appreciate this integration too.

My wife has a FitBit Flex 2, and we have the FitBit Aria scales too - all fine for her set-up.

However, I have a Garmin Vivoactive HR, yet I want to use the FitBit Aria scales too.

Of course, I could use the FitBit app for weight only, and the Garmin app for everything else, but it seems pointless.

I don't mind which app the data is pushed to (FitBit or Garmin), but I just want it all in the same place.

Dean14Sage
Jogger

I concur. Have a Garmin Forerunner 220 and Fitbit Blaze. Would be nice to have one spot to consolidate all of the info.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

We need this. I run with a Garmin Vivoactive, but I use the Fitbit One for every day step tracking. I would be great to get all the information in one app instead of going back and forth.

amybel
First Steps
Exactly! I wear a Fitbit all day and run with my garmin watch. This lack of compatibility will not drive Fitbit sales! I love the Fitbit app and the competitions, but not enough to give up my favorite running watch.

Sent from my iPhone
cpalenshus
First Steps

Please, Fitbit allow the connection of all Garmin step data to be imported into the app so we can compete in challenges. I, like many others on this thread, have recently upgraded my Fitbit Charge HR to a Garmin HR device. I've been plugged into the Fitbit community for 3+ years and have talked many of my friends and family into getting devices and joining the community. Now that I've moved to Garmin, if there isn't a way to import my data to Fitbit soon, what do you think I'm going to do? Give up my Fenix 3 HR for a Fitbit? Uh, no. I'll gradually start working on my family and friends to convince them that they need to upgrade to a Garmin. In fact, the Vivoactive HR would be an excellent replacement/upgrade to the Fitbit Charge HR that they all have -- and it is getting close to time to upgrade. Why would you take the risk? Why not open the door for the people more serious about their fitness to switch to Garmin devices and still sync and compete in the Fitbit challenges? This way the people that are more casual about their fitness won't be tempted to switch by their Garmin friends and relatives. Your closed door strategy just doesn't make sense in the long run. You're not going to keep everyone. So why not keep the people you have happy by letting their friends who switch continue to compete with them? Heck, if you have to, why not charge "outsiders" a $5 annual fee to stay in the community? I wouldn't think of getting a Vivoactive HR for my wife if I could continue to compete with her in Fitbit challenges. Do you understand what I'm saying?

FitFamilyUK
First Steps

Hi Guys, Please can you integrate Garmin devices into your App support. Our houshold all measure steps but one of us is much more sport oriented, using Garmin devices. It would be great to see our shared interests on your platform. It seems such a corporate decision to completely blank Garmin, please catch up with your 'community'.

Jxwinks
Recovery Runner

I vote that the Fitbit Blaze and other Fitbit activity trackers should sync its the ANT compliant Garmin Index Scale. Will that ever happen?

Cwheeler320
Recovery Runner

Please allow Garmin steps to sync over to Fitbit. I have both trackers - a Fitbit Alta (5th Fitbit in less than 3 years thanks to problems with the trackers) and a Garmin 235. My Alta is no longer working (again), so it's getting traded in for my 6th Fitbit in less than 3 years most likely (thanks to Best Buy's Protection Plan). I have talked to many friends and students about getting Fitbits and Garmins, but I'm not giving up my Garmin in favor of a Fitbit. I may be giving up my Fitbit after going through so many of them. I would love to still participate in the challenges, but I may just convince more people to switch to Garmin or start using Stridekick instead to be able to participate. I would be willing to pay a small premium fee even to be allowed to sync my steps over if needed, but there is no excuse for the two not working together. Garmin now allows me to sync my Fitbit data there, so it should go both ways. It may even convince Garmin users to get a Fitbit for every day wear and just use their Garmin for serious exercise. 

Mickwarren13
First Steps

I have a group that has garmin vivofit and fitbit trackers, we would like to be able to upload all of our data to fitbit and be able to challenge each other on the fitbit app. Will there be integration with garmin trackers?

Dave1596
Strider

Lol garmin is the direct rival to fitbit, you're asking walmart to accept target's gift cards. There are limits for some things

Topgun1
Jogger

I want a running watch that I can use as a regular watch during the work day, with an easy to read date, time, day of week. Garmin has the Forerunner with the exact design I want, however most of my family and friends are on Fitbit. (I also bought Fitbit for my entire family so we can compete against each other)

Do you make anything comparable?

Jerry hughes

DavidWR
First Steps

Looks like there is a similar item to this called:

Garmin Connect Integration / Sync

where you can vote for the integration -- hope everyone votes.

Jlpeterson
Jogger

Yes, Please. We have Fitbit and bought my inlaws Fitbit charge HR's but my parents bought Garmins (better price at Costco). Regardless, we would all like to compete with step challenges, not use a 3rd party app to do so. 

Fatbitter
First Steps

I got a Fitbit Charge 2 as a birthday present, was well excited that I could log my heart rate with my speed, position, and cadence from my Garmin Edge 25. But nope, only ended up having 3 activities turn up on strava in the place of one (linking accounts is a bad idea).

Can't believe customers have been complaining about this since 2014 and Fitbit have done nothing. Why can't we download our heart rate data? And more importantly why can't we sync it with other apps like Garmin Connect? Garmin use 3rd party heart rate monitors, they're well up for using data from other manufacturers.

The most successful products are the ones that are universally compatible, and with open access (remember Betamax, ISA bus, HD DVD?)

Come on guys, play nice.

mrda
First Steps

Would love to see this! I do love my fitbit charge, which I use for steps, but for my runs I use my Garmin Fenix, and I'd love to be able to record those steps in fitbit.

mrda
First Steps

Me too - I use a Fenix for runs, and I wear my fitbit all day and use it for step recording, so being able to sync my Garmin data into FitBit would be great and so I can continue to participate in challenges.

KidKoala
Jogger

As a new customer of Fitbit I am very disappointed to see this lack of integration and no other solutions being offered. Sadly I will not be recommending this training tool to my family and friends because there is clearly a demand and need. As others have pointed out, the Fitbit community is losing serious athletes. What a shame..

athena2703
First Steps

I want to be able to easily sync my steps from my Garmin to my FitBit account.  If anyone has a way to do this, I'd love to hear it!!  

I tried FitDataSync and it didn't work 😞

I'm really losing all the step challenges right now because my more intense exercises are being tracked on my Garmin.

Topgun1
Jogger
Yes, I have the same issue. I like my Garmin Waych best for my long runs
and it is a pain in the butt to wear both.
lillevik
First Steps

Yes!

Dear Fitbit, please enable sync from Garmin to Fitbit

Rgds Håvard 

bitten_andShy
First Steps

It my data, fitbit is a social phenomenon, let's share, why does fitbit want to be all Big Brotherish about sharing!!

ElKi
Stepping Up

Another vote for Garmin and Fitbit integration.  It would make Fitbit undeniably the best thing since sliced bread.  Pretty please!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.