Garmin Connect Integration / Sync

My wife has a charge hr 2 and is enjoying being part of the Fitbit community with the daily step challenges.

I have a garmin fenix due to its multi sport functionality for triathlon etc. However I'd love to get involved with the challenges.

Please fitbit allow us garmin users to sync our daily activity with you...from what I can see garmin allows you to sync the other way round.

Moderator edit: added label

263 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I think it would be beneficial to have third-party integration with Garmin Connect so data can easily be transferred to Fitbit from our GPS devices.  

Moderator Edit: Removed the request for a Strava integration since it's a duplicate request that has been implemented.

CasHoefman
Recovery Runner

You can use SyncMetrics to sync your data from Garmin Connect and Strava to Fitbit

Moderator edit: format

CORoadie
First Steps

Really need some sort of interface with Garmin or Strava to make Fitbit a big thing for cyclists and triathletes.  We spend a lot of time on our bikes and if it could interface right to Fitbit it would be a HUGE win/win.

2bike
First Steps

I agree!  I bike more than I walk or run and would love to see an interface with Garmin Connect or my 500.

Spillicus
First Steps

Strava integration would be great- I've tried SyncMetrics and it doesn't work very well.  Another good option would be TrainingPeaks

Spillicus
First Steps

Agree, Strava integration would be great.  TrainingPeaks could work too.  

dickobrien
First Steps

Hi guys,

Any plans to integrate Fitbit with Garmin or Strava. It would be really useful to be able to automatically sync rides or runs over to Fitbit rather than have to manually enter them. 

There were a few third party solutions out there but Syncmetrics is now gone and Fitdatasync no longer works. 

Thanks

Syd99
Stepping Up

The fitbit charge is fab for lifestyle management, but not that great as an activity tracker. 

Garmins/GPS devices are great for tracking activity, and not for the lifestyle bit.

Being able to link the two would be fab.

EDIT sorry, just realised you can link to Garmin!!! Nice one!

TasBrendan
Recovery Runner
I use the Strava app as I often ride a bike, it would be awesome if fitbit could sync with this app to update calories and active minutes aswell, either that or add a bike tracker to the current run/walk tracking 🙂
Status changed to: New
MatthewFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Strava and Fitbit are excited to be partnering, to make it even easier for our members to track their all-day fitness. We will continue to update this thread as more news becomes available!

No word on Garmin integration, but I'd recommend checking out this thread for further conversation on that topic.

GarryDK
Recovery Runner

Any chance of being able to use the Charge HR as a Heart Rate monitor for Garmin bike computers? I'm currently using my heart rate chest strap with my Garmin 810 for cycling, but if I could pair my Charge with the 810 I wouldnt need to use the chest strap.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

bluetroll
Jogger
I'm glad Strava will be working with Fitbit. I already sync my Garmin workouts directly to Strava. I'm looking forward to this. It's better than having no Garmin/Fitbit sync. Keep us posted.
DrGerm
Base Runner

Voting for Garmin Sync

Status changed to: New
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

It was announced earlier that a Fitbit/Strava integration is now available! To integrate your Fitbit and Strava accounts, please follow the instructions here.

In regard to the Garmin integration, I'd recommend checking out this thread for further conversation.

mi28havoc
First Steps

Syncing the weight data from the Aria to Garmin Connect Portal would be very usefull for all Garmin equipment users. The Garmin compatible scales are significantly worse than the Aria, but Garmin is leading at Bike Computer / Running Devices etc. so there are many users using the Garmin Connect Portal.

Bmcclintock
Jogger
Great idea. Very disappointing it doesn't have a cycling component.
sillypup5
Recovery Runner

Instead of having to use a third party app (that is for some reason not working this week) to sync my Garmin into my Fitbit activity - why is there not a way to import data directly from my Garmin Watch into my Fitbit profile like there is with Runkeeper/Strava, etc?  Would make things much easier, and much more accurate for run activity tracking.

Moderator edit: Added labels 

jebeaudoin
Jogger

PLUS 1

GigiSings
Recovery Runner

I vote for this too. There are several HELP pages with people asking for Garmin Connect to sync with their fitbit's. I've shared this link in a few of the strings so hopefully they'll come here and vote so we can get this feature added to our fitbits. 

Thanks!! 

YMD
Jogger

Agreed!

Having purchased a garmin gps product (to work in association with my fitbit product), I have come to realize that I like the Fitbit App sooo much better, and have been finding it quite easy to use and it is an easy learning curve for beginners.

Having recently begun "working out" more, sometimes I just need a different device to complement my activities. Here enters the garmin gps product (I was looking into buying the Fitbit Surge, but the price tag was more than I could afford and there are too many bells and whistles for what I plan to use it for, which is running....I will continue using my Fitbit One for everyday activities, as it is nice and discreet and just plain awesome to wear all the time).

All of this to say, is there an easier way to connect my Garmin activities into my Fitbit account? I have no intention of using the Garmin all-day everyday, only for specific activities.

I vote that this becomes an option for all fitbit users!

gajkelley
First Steps

I agree!!

prairiedoug
Jogger
It would be great to have a page on the dashboard that keeps track of your PRs. Also, it possible to transfer running history from Garmin data to Fitbit dashboard?
garykbrown
Jogger

I would love to purchase a fitbit scale but my wife has a garmin vivo and it would be important to be able to connect the aria to the garmin connect.  I have a fibit HR so having a single scale for both of us to use is important.  Please consider adding this capability to your product. 

dougxn
Jogger

Is this open for voting - if yes, then I vote that fitbit should just do it - yes.

Oryx
First Steps
Another vote for yes. This is really crucial to get all my bike tracking data in.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.