Garmin Connect Integration / Sync

My wife has a charge hr 2 and is enjoying being part of the Fitbit community with the daily step challenges.

I have a garmin fenix due to its multi sport functionality for triathlon etc. However I'd love to get involved with the challenges.

Please fitbit allow us garmin users to sync our daily activity with you...from what I can see garmin allows you to sync the other way round.

Moderator edit: added label

263 Comments
justloping
Jogger

I understand Fitbit's decision not to sync with the Apple Health app...fine. But until Fitbit offers a competitive product for cyclists, most of us use some form of Garmin. Not even the Fitbit Surge offers the ability to track cadence (for runners or cyclists), and there is no power meter capability. 

I can't ditch my Garmins, so Fitbit needs to open up a direct connection to Garmin for those of use who depend on both, instead of using some flaky third-party app that's down half the time. 

Fitbit is the leader in wearables, and it's time to start leading. 

TonypIOM
First Steps
+1 please! Wearing my surge all the time and love the app. I am not going to replace my garmin 920xt so really want integration via my app on my phone.
suej64
First Steps

I agree - I am a runner that uses a Garmin to map my runs but up until a few weeks ago could download the activity into my fitbit log All of a sudden I am unable to do so and it is very ANNOYING to say the least Please Please Please link with Garmin connect

Taibi
Jogger

Hi I totally agree and thus vote YES !

5 years of serious running with Garmin watches, as well as runs tracked using Nike+ mobile app, all saved on my Garmin Connect Account.

I NEED to have a way to load my my Fitbit Surge runs on my Garmin Connect account.

Thanks a lot

Nkultra
First Steps
Please allow Garmin steps and running data to be synced into the Fitbit app. I wear my charge HR during the day and my Garmin forerunner for runs. I want all my data to be seen in one place (the Fitbit app).
JasonZeppelin
First Steps

I have the exact same suggestion. I want to sync my gps/Forerunner data with my Charge HR heart rate. 

Status changed to: New
SilviaFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Thank you for visiting the Feature Request board! This can help users to enjoy different trackers. 

Garminuser
First Steps
Would love to have Garmin steps in one location on Fitbit!
BlueOcean
Jogger

I agree. Allowing Fitbit to sync with Garmin would be an excellent improvement. 

mbpilot
First Steps

Plus one  more! I have a range of garmin bike / swim gadgets.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

+1

I use a garmin to record all of my workouts and would love to sync & share with the fitbit world

KMBFit
Jogger

Adding my vote for Garmin Connect / FitBit syncing. Hope to see it in the future!

Nickhugg
First Steps
Another vote from me please.
JQwin
First Steps

i like my fitbit most of the time but i really need the garmin for the real thing~

please syn. this will really only help u to expand.

Beaglegirl
First Steps

Please add Garmin Connect/Fitbit sync, please.

Dwimble
Jogger

I recently switched from the Flex to a Garmin 235 full time, for a variety of reason (none of the Fitbit products are adequate for my needs). I hate the loss of the fitbit commuity/friends/challanges due to no longer having a paired fitbit device and the inability to sync my Garmin steps to fitbit. My wife, other family members, friends etc. have Fitbits and it's unfortunate that switching to a Garmin device ends that wonderful aspect of activity tracking for me. I'd happily pay for a premium membership if it meant I could get the same community features and dashboard data without the fitbit device.

Adding that functionality would effectively keep me and others like me, who have no fitbit or only use their fitbits part time, as constantly paying customers. Of course I'd rather be able to continue using the Fitbit Dashboard in this way without having to pay for a membership, but I'm willing to pay if that's what it takes.

Moderator edit: Labels/Subject for clarity.

slong
Jogger

Please add sync ability between Garmin Connect and Fitbit, bot great tools.

Lubos
Stepping Up
+1 here too.
rachnicole1110
First Steps

Agree!!  Let garmin products sync in!  What I am having to do is craziness! 🙂

michelledmc
First Steps

Full integration would be awesome. Right now, I can't get my Garmin data in Fitbit so I'm thinking of replacing my Fitbit with a garmin equivalent. The only thing keeping me from doing it right now is the competition I have with my friends but even that doesn't do much if I can't input my Garmin info from swimming or biking. I know that swimming with my Fitbit will break it (a friend had this happen to her just wearing it at a lazy river at a water park) so I have to use my Garmin at times. Of course the Garmin equivalent of the FitBits are waterproof. But that's a side note to this discussion.

kslassiter
Jogger

yes please - 

rkathey
Jogger

My family has a variety of devices and it would be great if Fitbit.com supported Garmin so we all could make use of your great website easily.

Taibi
Jogger

Hi !

Just found a nice turnaround for people who want their FitBit data to flow through GARMIN.

>>> !!! Simply do a Manual Upload of your FitBit activities (clean extraction made possible thanks to Strava coders)

Step 1 - Go to your STRAVA interface (not done yet ? please DO, as all your FitBit tracker data will be sync'ed easily, and it's free)

Step 2 - Click on the 'wrench' icon on the left-side tab, and select "Export as GPX"

Step 3 - Go to your GARMIN interface, and click on the " + " icon on the top right corner.

Step 4 - Manually upload your activities or go directly to https://connect.garmin.com/modern/activity-sync

Note : you can drag-and-drop a batch of GPX files which makkes it VERY convenient and smooth !!!  THANK YOU STRAVA !!!! (and thank you TAIBI)

Bone222
First Steps
Another vote for yes!
oidipos
Keeping Pace

I second the request!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.