Garmin Connect Integration / Sync

My wife has a charge hr 2 and is enjoying being part of the Fitbit community with the daily step challenges.

I have a garmin fenix due to its multi sport functionality for triathlon etc. However I'd love to get involved with the challenges.

Please fitbit allow us garmin users to sync our daily activity with you...from what I can see garmin allows you to sync the other way round.

Moderator edit: added label

263 Comments
ZenMoment
Jogger
+1 Please let us extract our workout activity data to Garmin Connect and Garmin activities and steps back in to Fitbit.
Terminella
First Steps
This would be great. As much as I love my Fitbit it isn't as good as my garmin for long training runs.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Plus 1

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Yes, please allow us to sync Garmin data with Fitbit (including steps, sleep, etc)
abovetheroses
First Steps

I love my fitbit. it keeps me motivated to move throughout the day and is a great way to track my work outs or runs. I'm not that super intense in the gym. But I am a swimmer. Having a Garmin to track my laps and my SWOLF is something that is really important to me but all that time and effort spent in the pool is never recorded on my fitbit. So i lose out on all the fun little aspects of what makes the brand so great (the challenges, the community, ect) Having one place to track my calories and movement and all of that would be a life saver. Having a way to transfer the data would be a huge help!!!

SkinnyFatMan
First Steps
Agreed. Always wear my Fitbit but when I'm swimming or on the bike. Would love ability to sync my swimming and cycling into Fitbit. Another idea would be to offer a Fitbit capable of tracking swimming.
RunRosieRun
First Steps
Can steps please be synced between Garmin and Fitbit? 🙂
JoeCPega
First Steps

+1 for linking the apps.

Phanks
First Steps
I vote yes to link/sync between Fitbit and Garmin.
redwagon
Jogger

+1

this partnership/integration would make me extremely happy!

exxxviii
Jogger

+1 to everyone else above. Please add a direct feed capability from Garmin to Fitbit (like every other fitness web site already does). I use Garmin extensively for running, cycling, and swimming. And I use Fitbit for overall health, wellness, and activity tracking. In order for Fitbit to have a holistic picture of my health, it must also have my running, cycling, and swimming activities-- things that no Fitbit product captures with the level of sophistication I require of a fitness tool.

exxxviii
Jogger

And, to add to my earlier post, I have had an Apple Watch since introduction. I like it, but it does not offer the complete health view that Fitbit does. So, I am continuing to use my Fitbit alongside the AW. I am very interested in the Blaze, and better integration of my Garmin data into Fitbit would go along way toward swaing me to get a Blaze and drop the AW.

Peetzie
Recovery Runner

This discussion looks like it has been going on since August 2015. However, I have seen no responses from Fitbit as to whether or not this will become something. Can anyone confirm if Fitbit has taken this request seriously. For me, it means the difference between keeping both my fitbit account and my Garmin account OR selling my fitbit to stick with Garmin. 

JoeCPega
First Steps

+1 @Peetzie

@sillypup5 wrote:

Instead of having to use a third party app (that is for some reason not working this week) to sync my Garmin into my Fitbit activity - why is there not a way to import data directly from my Garmin Watch into my Fitbit profile like there is with Runkeeper/Strava, etc?  Would make things much easier, and much more accurate for run activity tracking.

Moderator edit: Added labels 

justloping
Jogger
No telling if they are taking it seriously, or even listening. What I do
know is that the FitDataSync site has been unavailable for a couple of
weeks, so right now I am not aware of any alternative for syncing Garmin
data to Fitbit. Frustrating. I was going to buy a Blaze, but now I am going
to wait and see how - or if - Fitbit responds.
MelissaDCRD
First Steps

YES GARMIN PRODUCTS SHOULD SYNC!!!!

Top_Dawg
First Steps

+1, need the sync so I can stay connect to our workplace group!

deuelg
First Steps
I agree. I use a forerunner when running and a edge for biking and it would be much easier to sync GarminConnect directly to the Fitbit app vs using the fitdatasync site which is down quite often.
AJones830
First Steps

It would be nice to have all the data stored in one location.

yoginiontherun
First Steps

I echo the votes!

thekesselrunner
Premium User
First Steps

Put me in the agree list. I have years of running information in Garmin and love it for running. But, nothing comes close to the Fitbit for tracking the rest of my day. These two need to work together as they are the leaders in their respective fields.

Fitbit...you're never going to win over runners for ditching years of data or functionality.

Garmin...you're never going to be the daily wearable that Fitbit is.

Work together! Let us use both!

Craig-D_K
Jogger

I'd love to see fitibit sync with Garmin because Garmin makes swimming compatible devices but fitbit refuses to.  I'm a big +1 for getting all my data in one place.  My employer has a group fro fitbit and I love my Aria scale, so consolidating everything in one spot would be great!

Wedgiefish
Jogger
Agreed! Would love to sync my garmin stats to Fitbit app!
bringthepain
Jogger

+1 - why is this that difficult??

Lindz_e
First Steps
Would love to have garmin sync with fitbit app
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.