Garmin Connect Integration / Sync

My wife has a charge hr 2 and is enjoying being part of the Fitbit community with the daily step challenges.

I have a garmin fenix due to its multi sport functionality for triathlon etc. However I'd love to get involved with the challenges.

Please fitbit allow us garmin users to sync our daily activity with you...from what I can see garmin allows you to sync the other way round.

Moderator edit: added label

263 Comments
Redy2Rumble
Jogger

Need my fenix 3 to sync with fitbit so I can compete with my family for our fitbit challenges.  I have an HR that I wear during the weekends, but would like my weekday steps to be tracked via the fenix please.

Not007
First Steps

+1   

rkempe
First Steps

I would love to switch to Fitbit full time but I want to sync my current Garmin data first. Please allow Garmin --> Fitbit data syncing!!

Fadelight
Jogger

+1 on allowing Garmin and Fitbit sync.

Dkarren
Jogger

agree.. connect garmin/fitbit.. and let us make out own activity profiles. If I would like to do an excersize that is nos uploaded by default I would love to make my own and choose if I want GPS or not and change the name. 

KTAlvey
First Steps

Please please PLEASE add a way to sync the data from Garmin Forerunner and my Fitbit Charge HR. It would make life SOOOOOOOOOO much easier!

Anglo-Andy
First Steps

Yes please!  I have a garmin - the rest of my family have fitbits.  I want to see all the data in one place!

Hughes19
First Steps
Agreed I would love to be able to sync my garmin.
JenL11
Recovery Runner

please add Garmin Connect to sync with FitBit!

bradguhr
First Steps

I am new to the FitBit community and would like to network with my FitBit friends and family, but I track my runs and steps with a Garmin Forerunner. Please enable syncing between Garmin Connect and the FitBit app!

George777
First Steps

Please add Garmin Connect/Fitbit sync, please.

rmelencio
First Steps

Another vote for adding a direct connect between Garmin Connect and FitBit.

shesho
Stepping Up

+1 for syncing!  I bought a Garmin because it was waterproof and Fitbit has nothing waterproof yet, but I like doing the Fitbit challenges against my friends.

jkehlet
First Steps

+1 from me, I need my Garmin Fenix 3 steps synchronized. I got the Aria Scale (great product), but as far as fitness watches, I can't wear both a Fitbit and the Fenix 3.

rmelencio
First Steps
I would also like to note that I do have myfitnesspal, which does sync activities but doesn't sync steps. Somewhat pointless to have if it doesn't include steps.

Also, I've been a loyal fitbit consumer (4 trackers) but they need to step up (no pun intended) in the multi-sport watch game. I purchased the Garmin Fenix 3 HR because it has a golf GPS and cycling functions and accessories. The round shape was also an esthetic that I required. (Hate the square watch shape of the Iwatch, Fitbit, and others).
fourtire
Recovery Runner

I really want fitbit to be able to import steps from GarminConnect. I joined Dec 03, 2011 after purchasing a fitbit ultra. Then went on to buying the fitbit one. Along the process, I was able to get my best Friend, my best friend brother, my best friend father, my sister in law, my sister and my sister in law's friend to get fitbit. I love the community feature.

I am now training for a marathon and was looking for the best multi-sport tracking watch. I looked at the Surge for a while, I arrived at the decision to buy the Garmin Fenix3 HR plus HRM RUN for full running dynamics that I could not get with fitbit.

So, I wish I could synchronise my fitbit steps (not just activities) to GarminConnect (when not wearing the watch) and also be able to sync my garmin steps (not just activities) to fitbit to keep the social aspect going.

I think it's the smart move, I have been loyal to the fitbit brand for over 4 years, I am not trying to take advantage of you guys, just needed something you could not yet offer and I still want to use the fitbit. I just won't be able to carry both all the time from now on.

If I have to pay for this, I don't mind, I just want to have the option.

Thank you!

Christian

Philosoraptor
Jogger

+1 from me.

I was a Fitbit user before I got my Garmin vivoactive, and I'd like to keep my vivoactive as a device that can track swimming.

I like the layout and the social aspect of Fitbit more than Garmin Connect, but Fitbit is far behind Garmin when it comes to hardware.

chopman55
First Steps

i would find it very helpful if I could sync my Surge with Garmin Connect.

milkywaye
First Steps

+1 from me

I can understand that FitBit is hesitant to do this from a competitor, but my rationale is this:

I am and will remain a Garmin devotee (I use the daily tracker on my Fenix 3HR).

However of my friends who are looking at only step counters I currently say; "get a Garmin then we can challenge each other in steps". by providing the step sync I will be able to say "get a tracker that bests suits you and we can still challenge ourselves.".. currently I have a few friends on the garmin platform who otherwise would have gone to FitBit

Furthermore.. having sync on FitBit means current Garmin users can switch easily to FitBit!

Runner262
First Steps
I'm an avid runner, and have been holding off on getting a fitbit for quite some time. I finally got one, and much to my disappointment I realized it won't sync with my garmin forerunner 620 on garmin connect. It would be great to see all my data in one place rather than having to look in multiple locations depending on the information I an seeking Is this feature in the works? I know I won't be buying a fitbit again until this happens.
MohammadYazar
First Steps
Yes. This is a must have feature..please add it.
FreeyahHeart
First Steps
Agreed! Please connect Garmin!
limbiur
First Steps

I would like to see interconnectivity between Grmin Connect and Fitbit. I have frinds and family who are on either of them and I wish I can connect with them as i CONNECT WITH FITBIT FRIENDS.

Snoahdavis
First Steps
I agree, Fitbit needs to let people with Garmins sync directly to their app!
MamaRuns
Jogger
Would love to be able to continue with my Fitbit challenges and stay a part of the Fitbit community. I'm not giving up my Fitbit, but while training for a marathon, and trail running I need better GPS/GOS capabilities. I would be willing to pay an additional fee to have my steps tracked through my Garmin watch/app sync with my Fitbit profile.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.