Garmin Connect Integration / Sync

My wife has a charge hr 2 and is enjoying being part of the Fitbit community with the daily step challenges.

I have a garmin fenix due to its multi sport functionality for triathlon etc. However I'd love to get involved with the challenges.

Please fitbit allow us garmin users to sync our daily activity with you...from what I can see garmin allows you to sync the other way round.

Moderator edit: added label

263 Comments
silver96
First Steps

@Dano86 not so far. I tried the trick of "fourtire" some posts above.

he wrote how he got his garmin into apple health and then created the iphone itself as a device in fitbit app. It synced but no steps. I will let you know if I get it to work.

@fourtire wrote:

Then, in the fitbit app, add a device, at the bottom of the app, you can
setup your iphone as a MobileTrack.

I noticed that there are two apps in app store that can probably do the trick but they cost some money. If it doesn`t work in the above mentioned way I will give them a try.

Dano86
Keeping Pace
Yeah I got that to work but it only works half of the time and never gives you all of the steps
Lawyerforfun
Stepping Up
Fitbit should realize that their strength in the marketplace is their app and community--NOT their devices. They should allow non Fitbit hardware users access to the API or sync services as a subscription service--I'd sign up right away
ostaylor
First Steps

Adding my voice as someone who would really like to see Fitbit add the ability for Garmin data to be loaded up to Fitbit. I have about 3 years of data on Fitbit from my Fitbit One and then Fitbit HR and I really like the phone apps and website. Support has also been excellent. I needed a device that would provide more information on my running so I have bougth a Vivoactive HR which has been excellent for the last week. 

I am currently wearing both devices but would really like to go with just the Vivoactive HR. I'd be willing to pay a subscription fee to Fitbit to use the app and website for tracking, challenges, etc. or maybe Garmin will buy Fitbit or vice-versa :^).

tomroberts97
First Steps

Our company is doing these wellness programs wrapped around fitbit. I use Garmin but would like to participate and it at least brings me to fitbit's website where they can promote to me. I can get everything over there but steps - so why the blocking of Step data? is it somehow more precious than my swim or run?  Get with it fitbit. this hardware comes and goes, it has a 2 year lifecycle max, if you build your commmunity and challenges, the hardware follows...

errr
Jogger

I just wanted to add my voice to this request. I have been a fitbit user since Jan1, 2016. I have been very active ever since I wore my fitbit and I started from walking to fast walking and now to running and bicycling.

I even completed my first ever half marathon in June 2016.

I have lost 25 lbs since I started wearing fitbit and am now almost at my ideal weight.

I have purchased fitbit for my wife, son, dad, brother, sister. I have also encouraged and inspired at least 20 people in my community to purchase and wear fitbit. This shows my desire to continue to support fitbit and be an active member of the fitbit community.

I have just purchased Garmin Forerunner in hope to be able to wear it during my running activity and bicycling activities. The main reason I got the forerunner was for the GPS tracking (without having to bring my iphone during my activities), and also its superior "Partner" sync support with apps such as myfitnesspal, nike+, strava, mapmyrun. My initial thought was to use the Garmin during my activities and switch back to fitbit for my dailys including walks/step tracking.

Without having garmin be able to sync steps to the fitbit app, this puts me into a very difficult situation to choose between saving my data in garmin and be able to sync to other apps, or leave my strong fitbit community.

Fitbit, please consider this request. Please make Fitbit be able to receive data from Garmin Connect.

Dylpickle
Recovery Runner

+1 on this feature

Efirebarn
Stepping Up

It's been said over and over, what is so precious about steps? Fitbit fix this please.

PollyU
First Steps
I vote for way to sync garmin activity into Fitbit. Garmin is much more accurate for running but I wear my Fitbit all day.

Being able to import .tcx and .gpx files is a must-have for a fitness platform. Meanwhile all competitors (Strava, Runtastic, Garmin) offer that. IMHO it's a must-have. I am really looking forward to having that feature in Fitbit.

What's more: the API (https://dev.fitbit.com/docs/activity/#activity-logging) does not even allow to write your own importer. While you can export activies as .tcx (https://dev.fitbit.com/docs/activity/#get-activity-tcx), there is no option to POST .tcx data. That's not very consistent. Since the get-activity-tcx API is still beta, I hope they will also add a POST method to it.

Kyn
First Steps
Voting for Garmin integration that includes importing a running activity and it's distance from Garmin to the fitbit app, and converting the distance to add to the step count.
Momhow
First Steps
Voting for garmin step data into the Fitbit app so I can have challenges with my family and friends
henrydtho
First Steps

I have been a Fitbit user since November of 2014. I've had a Flex and two Charge HRs along with an Aria scale. I've lost ~60lbs using the Fitbit platform and have absolutely bought into the products. I love them and have been a huge advocate for them. I am an active participant in Fitbit challenges with friends and family members and I have my Fitbit account connected to an automated savings app as well.

Like most people on this thread however, I've come to a point in my fitness journey where I'd like to see more data to go along with the more intense workouts I am doing. I am graduating to a Garmin Fenix 3 HR and wish to see data integration with the Fitbit platform.

I'd love to see Fitbit developers respond in a meaningful way to these countless requests that have been made for this specific functionality. Fitbit is not making any products that compete with smartwatches like the Fenix 3 and I doubt they will anytime soon. I can't see the Surge being a real competitor for Garmin as most amateur and professional atheletes alike are not going to adopt the Surge anytime soon. Please Fitbit, continue to listen to your customer base and we will continue to buy Fitbit products!!

BobGear
First Steps

I came on here to see how to sync my Garmin Forerunner 235 to fitbit.

so, another vote for a Garmin Connect - fitbit sync

Welshgirl1
Recovery Runner
I've voted for a way to connect a garmin to the fitbit app. I love my charge hr, sadly the strap has broken and I've just bought a charge 2 which didn't count the steps so it's been returned. I've now been researching and it looks like unless things change soon I will be purchasing a garmin. You will have lost another customer. I love the fitbit app but sadly the blaze and surge don't do what I want it to do and I've read a few bad reviews on the charge 2. Come on fitbit!! Not a good way to ignore people when there's an obvious need out there
sharpy72
Stepping Up

I can't believe that we're 2 years on from the first comments.  Due to the unrealiability of the build of the Charge (after 3 replacements), I have moved to Garmin, but I still use my FitBit account for the Aria scales and I want to record my steps as I have friends and challenges, but seems it's one big secret for FitBit to manage this simple request.

Very disappointed with you FitBit on many levels.  Please fix this simple request!

mtbmandy
First Steps

I use a Garmin 800 and would like to use the fitbit to track lifestyle, would be amazing if they could integrate.

Smstring
First Steps
I have a Garmin Fenix 3 that i use for daily tracking as well as all the different activities i track (running, hiking, cycling, swimming, military style PT, etc). However, i wanted to buy my wife something a little easier to use and immediately went to fitbit. Because of it's ease of use, i wanted to use the Fitbit app to track and compare our activity (help keep each other motivated) but am having trouble getting my garmin data into the fitbit app. I have figured out a way to get fitbit data out of that app and if i can find another app to use that will incorporate both, will likely end up going in that direction unless fitbit comes up with a way to send Garmin data into their app. As someone who has a much more extensive tracker in a fenix, you'll either get me to use your app or we'll both use another. Please integrate!
scbell5
Jogger

I have several friends who are Fitbit users, and I have the desktop app, but I can't join challenges because I'm a Garmin user. Couldn't make the switch because I didn't want to invest in another tracker when my Garmin does everything I need it to. Please allow full day step integration.

Bholbert
First Steps
I have been a fitbit user for EVERY day over four years. The social aspect of fitbit is unmatched, but Garmin for biking and running is unmatched. If Fitbit doesn't want to officially support for PR reason that is ok, but please provide your community a solution to a real issue. We would be good with a 3rd party workaround that we know would work,
lokipprscissors
First Steps

+1 for the Garmin Connect to Fitbit synchronisation

I think Fitbit, with its massive following and customer base, is quickly becoming a point of integration of choice. 

I don't see this as particular competition. People who have both Garmin and Fitbits do so because they offer different functionality, and a different time-place when they are better suited. Credit where it's due, the Fitbit software is miles more fun and engaging - and what attracted/attracts me to the Fitbit ecosystem. However, it doesn't offer the metrics that Garmin offers in each sport (especially the higher end models).  There is a clear gap and market differentiation between the two, and since many are already loyal Fitbit users here anyway, why not listen to the customer base - 6 pages worth now - and put this on the roadmap? 

I know you're making inroads with certain models, like the Flex 2 offering a swim mode, but I'm not buying another Fitbit just for swimming.  Surely it makes sense to open yourselves up as the choice integration to plug into, in which you'd be capturing data that you wouldn't otherwise be doing, and making 6 pages worth of people happy? Win-Win! Just my weigh in on this 🙂

cavrel
Jogger

Please add garmin connect integration.  If your customers are asking what do you think you have lose.

KnightTemplar
Stepping Up

I would like to see some movement with the garmin integration and fitbit. I have been a member of fitbit a considrable amount of time and find that the appis a better quality than Garmin while also having Fitstar and Fityoga.

However I find Garmin Forerunner 235 (which was recently purcahesed for me) is better with the GPS for runs and waterproofing for swimming taht enable me to conduct activities with my phone always in tow.

I find that having to interchange watches , syncing and having two separate apps is tiring and data missing.

Is there any progress ?

wtravlr1
Jogger

Please let Garmin connect import step data from Fitbit. Still not working, cant believe this thread is 2 years old and all asking for the same function. 

mattwebe
First Steps

I'd love to have a way to connect my Garmin Index scale with my Fitbit app. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.