Garmin Connect Integration / Sync

My wife has a charge hr 2 and is enjoying being part of the Fitbit community with the daily step challenges.

I have a garmin fenix due to its multi sport functionality for triathlon etc. However I'd love to get involved with the challenges.

Please fitbit allow us garmin users to sync our daily activity with you...from what I can see garmin allows you to sync the other way round.

Moderator edit: added label

263 Comments
Hinzi2449
First Steps

I also use my Forerunner 935 for the my sporting activities. Depending on the occasion, I wear the one tracker times the other. 

So I vote for the integration

Sandy5
First Steps

I vote for this. I tried to sync Garmin with Fitbit. But no idea. Pls help out

pyk
Recovery Runner

Vote for this!

AndrewWarriner
First Steps

C'mon Fitbit, imagine how many more participants you'd get if you enabled data from garmin devices too.  Then you have an opportunity to cross-sell them to fitbit devices!!

JMH09
Recovery Runner
I'd actually buy more fitbit if they would sync

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Nae.marshall
First Steps

I love the Fitbit app and currently have a surge, but for the functionality of the Garmins Fenix 5s with all the tacking it does and it looks like a everyday watch. I am switching to the Garmin but would love to be able to sync data with the Fitbit dashboard to be able to compete with all my friends. I would even be willing to pay premium to be able to sync! 

rickvonh
First Steps

I currently use a garmin to track my swim workouts and would like to send that information to my fitbit (Charge 2) dashboard. I am in need of a data transfer application between Garmin Connect and the fitbit dashboard.

NvanLoenen
First Steps

Hello,

I had a charge but am a lifeguard and so a few saves in the pool and now it no longer works. I don't want to loose the screen on my fitness tracker (Why I am not getting the swimmer fitbit) but instead I am looking into getting a Garmin due to the higher water resistance. But at the same time i dont want to loose the ablility to compete with my friends and family who have fitbit!

Hope you can get this to work!

jacquelinepagea
First Steps

I LOVE my fitbit. But I also love my Garmin. Don't make me choose... Please provide us with the ability to sync our activities.. You've been hearing this for years and haven't done anything about it yet.

NRK2010
Jogger

Use both my fitbit and Garmin, please allow them to sync data. If it comes to it the fitbits going in the bin.

IamSCHUMANN
First Steps

I just switched from Fitbit Blaze to Garmin Fenix 5x. Too bad I can't sync my steps and activities to fitbit, but I'm glad I got that Garmin. 

I wonder how long it would take for Fitbit to realize that having a close community is not keeping people from switching to other activity trackers. 

MeShyEight
Stepping Up

For sports I use Forerunner 230. For lifestyle Flex 2. Please make integration between garmin and Fitbit 🙂

cieloskye
First Steps

Is this ever going to happen fitbit???

Sylcesjoquist
First Steps

Hi Fitbit - I would love it if you integrated Fitbit with Garmin. They are both such useful devices and I use them for different activities throughout the day. While double-wristing has been my solution recently, it would be nice to only have to wear one device at a time. Please let us know how this community can make it happen!

Houseofsharon
Stepping Up

I have a Garmin Vivoactive and I would like to sync the data from it to Fitbit for challenges. Are there any third party apps that allows this? 

KatePoss
First Steps

I agree!

Safrell
First Steps

Manual serving sizes, yes please.

PWya
First Steps

My Vote, sooner the better..... especially with the costs involved with procuring all the technology that is duplicated constantly.  Integration over multiple platforms is win win for makers and users alike. Bring it on!

FreeFallFour
First Steps

I wish this would happen already. This is a great idea and potential money maker for fitbit.

Scrabulot
Jogger

Just wanted to add my name to the list of people who are sick of the lack of feedback from FitBit on this issue and are dropping the brand as a direct result. I've been forced to choose between my Garmin Fenix 3 and my Surge and you've lost out. I would have paid for a premium service for the ability to export Garmin Connect data to my FitBit account. Good luck with the holiday season because new shiny bracelets are unfortunately not the only thing that your users want

dlrohm
First Steps

This feature needs to get implemented.  I'm close to simply abandoning my Aria and getting the garmin scale.  Over 3 years and 169 votes.  What a shame.

Bundybear626
First Steps

Another vote for Integration please.

Babylon
First Steps

I have my vivoactive HR and want to ingrate it too with Fitbit, here's my vote.

Mjmcginniss
First Steps

I recognize that this is not a new request but it is certainly a popular request if you're watching the forums - not only your own Fitbit forums but all of the exercise forums out there. There are things Garmin does that Fitbit doesn't. In this day and age, everyone including Fitbit exists in an ecosystem that works best when it is inclusive. Might seem like a good idea for Fitbit to be an ecosystem unto itself or at least limited in its partners that it chooses but that is if Fitbit the company is more important than the community and its users it serves.

Please allow Garmin Connect integration. There are a lot of folks out there that want to be part of the Fitbit community that cycle and swim as well as walk and run. I have been a Fitbit user for years but lately have decided to use my Garmin device because it tracks things Fitbit can't and that has become more important than the social community sharing. I suspect there are other Fitbit/Garmin users who feel the same.

Thanks for considering this and indulging me on my soapbox.

BEst,

Mike

palvtec
First Steps

I would also want garmin and fitbit to sync.

The only reason I am not buying flex 2 is that I am owner of two garmin devices and I would like both apps to interact.

I like your products ( I bought for my wife charge 2 as a gift)

Thank you

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.