Idle Alert

I would love to have an "Idle Alert" feature added where the device would vibrate if you've been idle for a certain length of time.

Moderator edit: Added labels.

1,041 Comments
Koshka
Tempo Runner

@Martins2759 - This was in a topic on Reminder to Move in the Blaze topic section.

fitSan
Recovery Runner

Which Garmin is that? I have googled it, can't find it - can you post the title, I'm thinking about doing the same thing.
Mymy
Recovery Runner
Vivosmart HR

Verstuurd vanaf mijn iPhone
eab16
Recovery Runner

I already have a tracker that should have the ability to do this, so basically answering us It's been implemented, just send us another $120 is kinda rude. I guess it is time to look into getting a new tracker, and after the way I've seen Fitbit responding to new ideas, I think it's time to look into other brands. Super disappointed. 

jkbox8
Jogger

@MatthewFitbit You have time to edit my formatting but not answer the simple question? Do you mind removing the "implemented" from the question so as not to deceive us?

beanderson85
Jogger

I was recently given my Charge HR as a gift and love it!  Often I am sitting at my desk and get sucked into paperwork, which turns into sitting for quite awhile without realizing I'm truly idle.  If the idle alert can be added as a feature to older models besides the Alta, there will be many happy customers! Please add the idle alert to Charge HR!

DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everybody,

Thank you again for everybody’s participation in this feature request. As previously mentioned, idle alert (also known as Reminders to Move) will be present in our new product Alta. If you have any feature requests about improvements or modifications to Reminders to Move, I’d definitely encourage you to create a new feature request.

I’d also like to draw attention to this popular feature request to bring Reminders to Move for the Surge and Charge HR. If this is a feature you’d like to see, I’d recommend voting and commenting on the request to express your demand.

Since this feature will exist on Alta and this conversation has run its course, I’m going to close this feature request.

Sallyfisher2
Jogger
It would be terrific if my Fitbit could buzz me if I've been sitting too long. Ideally, I could set a specified number of minutes, say 20 min. We all get involved in some task, and don't realize how long we've been immobile.
bjd5
First Steps
Please Please Please include option for a vibrating alert if you have been inactive for a specified period of time. That is the only feature that is making me consider the switch to a Garmin. I love my FitBit Charge, but really need the inactivity alert!
hawkyou
Tempo Runner

The Fitbit Alta does this.  Not sure why they wouldnt include this on the Blaze.  It's needed.

rollinallen
First Steps

Jawbone's UP features this and this is one of the things I miss the most when I was given a Fitbit.  Went with the Fitbit because my kids have them and so we help each other with goals on step counts.  

This is a no-brainer!  Need it on my Charge HR!!!

Additional...

I just saw that they implemented this for the Alta...so what about the rest of us?

JoanOfArkansas
First Steps

This feature was advertised on the Charge HR, this feature has not been implemented.

For a $150 product, my iPod updates more regularly than this product and the tech is far more complicated at the same price.

Putting a requested feature on a different product is not implementing a request.

This should get more upvotes - as if it will change anything - the request has been around for three years.

Fitbit, just explain why it won't work and why you won't/can't put this feature on your other products.

Gnouri
First Steps
I would like the Fitbit to alarm me that I need to move around when I'm sitting for too long just how the jawbone does.
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hi @Gnouri

This suggestion has been made previously here:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Requests/Idle-Alert/idi-p/811

The status is implemented:

'Status: Implemented

We are excited to announce that Fitbit's new fitness tracker Alta will have Reminders to Move!

Reminders to Move will send your Alta an on-screen message, encouraging you to achieve a mini-goal of 250 steps per hour - and then celebrate with you when you reach it.

Thank you for everybody's participation on the Feature Request Board!

Jekyll612
First Steps
Adding this feature to the Blaze would be awesome!
Mojo919
First Steps
So there will not be an update to add this to already purchased models?
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.