Integration with Google Fit

I'd very much like my fitbit data available in Google Fit. I use a different app for food logging, but Fitbit's step counter, sleep tracker, and aria are great.

If their data was available through the new Google Fit it would be fantastic.

Moderator edit: Added labels.

1,023 Comments
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lathuano. Thanks for taking the time to explain why you would like to have an option to integrate your Fitbit app with Google Fit. We love to hear from our users' feedback. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While this isn't currently planned at this moment, we have left voting open so we can keep tracking this request overtime. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

druciferdagreat
First Steps

It would be very convenient to be able to sync my Fitbit with Google fit. I have suggesting it adding Google fit onto the supported apps list so I can link the device or the Fitbit app with Google fit. It would be a nice to be able to sync the data back and forth between these two apps.

DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @druciferdagreat, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of having an integration with the Google-Fit app, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here as it is not currently planned.

However, this idea is still open to votes, so the team can continue to track popularity and demand over time.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

My first time to the community.  As Google recently bought Fitbit, I wanted to look up an estimated integration date for my Charge 2 with Google Fit.  I found this long-closed thread: https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/Integration-with-Google-Fit/idi-p/350820 which still says it is "Not Currently Planned".  I didn't find any other threads about a timeline for integration, which I think everyone who is aware of the sale rightfully assumes will happen sooner rather than later.  I mean, come on, the threat has over 7,000 up votes.

May we have some official comment on this?

Thank you.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Couldn't edit my original post.  Should be "thread", not "threat" in the last sentence of first paragraph!

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for taking the time to share why you would like to see this option on Fitbit. As you mentioned in your post, this feature suggestion has been already requested here. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

We don't have more details about this specific feature at this moment, but we'll be glad to share with you the Press Released details about this acquisition. We're looking forward to have more exciting information to share with you in the future.

I hope to see you around.

Nolefan32
Base Runner
Are we ever going to see Google Fit compatibility, or even a single app? I have Fittofit, but I don't think we should need the middle man anymore.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Nolefan32, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to connect with Google Fit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Integrate into Fitbit the ability to synchronise steps, activities, calories burned, heart rate, sleep, weight would be massively useful in so many ways for so many users (currently requested by more than 7,000!)
Surely now that you are owned by Google and part of their fitness and health family there can be no excuse for not supporting their app!
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to sync with with Google Fit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

needfit
First Steps

Yojana, can we please get a different answer than your cut and paste? This has been requested for years and has several thousand up votes. How about Google fit? This is ridiculous.

Moderator Edit: Word choice

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @needfit, thanks for explaining why you would like to see Integration with Google Fit and Fitbit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

jmakumbi
Recovery Runner
Now that Fitbit is fully acquired by google, can we finally have full integration with Google Fit?
stevehursh
First Steps

I find the Journal feature in Google Fit very useful and it integrates data from multiple devices. Another feature with Google is the ability to get a download of all you data.

Overall, the integration just makes sense and adds value to both systems.

I use a third party app for now, but that is an extra step.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @jmakumbi. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about integrating Fitbit with Google Fit with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

jmakumbi
Recovery Runner
I would like a clear response to my suggestion that you finally allow integration directly with google fit now that google has bought fitbit. I would further like to request that you take into consideration the new circumstances instead of throwing away my suggestion by adding it to a locked post.
SandyAlexC
Recovery Runner

I really support this. I have been using Google Fit for a long time. I am willing to switch to the FitBit App - but I would really really like to be able to import all of the Google FIt history. I see that as a minimum. In a perfect world - the FitBit and Fit apps would be fully integrated - and history from either one would be available to both. Thanks for considering this.

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @jmakumbi. Thanks for sharing this suggestion about integrating Fitbit with Google Fit with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

cemorris
Jogger
I have a Fossil 5e that runs Wear OS. I love my Fossil, but really don't like Google Fit. My Fossil would be PERFECT if the Fitbit software/app was compatible.
Rich_Laue
Community Legend
cemorris
Jogger

It was suggested back in 2014 before Google bought Fitbit. I'm hoping that now things will change for the better.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @cemorris, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see integration with Google Fit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I've moved it into a similar request. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

SallyBees
First Steps
I can see people have been asking for years to be able to sync their Fitbit app data to Google Fit. Please do it! This would then enable a lot of Health apps to work with Fitbit via Google Fit. I understand that all the individual NHS UK apps aren't going to work directly but Google Fit is such a universal app this would make a massive difference!
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SallyBeesthanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us about the possibility of syncing the Fitbit app data to Google Fit, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here, as this feature is Not currently planned and this helps to keep the forums for organized and readable for everyone. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

MatsSweden
Jogger
I see that the old suggestion is locked for comments so I create a new. I think it’s high time that Google Fit support all Fitbit trackers. Personally I bought my Charge 4 a few months ago betting that Google would do it. If it’s not happening I will be very disappointed and possibly look for other options, even leave Android and go for iPhone.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.