Integration with Google Fit

I'd very much like my fitbit data available in Google Fit. I use a different app for food logging, but Fitbit's step counter, sleep tracker, and aria are great.

If their data was available through the new Google Fit it would be fantastic.

Moderator edit: Added labels.

1,023 Comments
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @MatsSweden, thanks for sharing this suggestion about making an integration between Fitbit and Google Fit with us. Because this idea has been requested in the Feature Suggestions board, I’ve moved your post here so we can make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Let me share that our web API and smartwatch SDK are open which means that the service you are wanting can actually integrate with Fitbit. We’d encourage you to make this suggestion to the service and direct them to our existing API and SDK and resources such as the web dev API community. Don't forget to show your support by adding your vote to this idea.

gkuwas
Recovery Runner
I understand that Google has bought FitBit so why Google Fit should connect to FitBit
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @gkuwas, thanks for sharing this suggestion about integrating Fitbit with Google Fit with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

gabroglio
Jogger
It would be a great feature if Fitbit (Sense) would sync data with Google Fit.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @gabroglio, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of integrating Fitbit with Google Fit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community!

Hikemaster101
First Steps
My suggestion is to create a setting where all of your Fitbit data can upload to Google fit. That way, when you sync your Fitbit you can see all that data pop up in the Google fit app.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Hikemaster101, thanks for sharing this suggestion about syncing your Fitbit data to Google Fit with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

QuinnG
First Steps
There are currently ways to **export** (sleep) data from Fitbit to Google Fit, but no way to do the opposite. Please allow syncing both ways between platforms, allowing Fitbit to **import** (sleep) data from Google Fit or even other third party wearables. Not allowing this today is a significant barrier to entry for me into the Fitbit Ecosystem.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @QuinnG, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to import stats from Google Fit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

I hope to see you around.

Veepo
Base Runner
Google had plenty of services, products, innovation and connections.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Veepo, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about syncing service and connections with Google. I've moved it into a similar request. I think that a lot of users would like to have this option on their Fitbit devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

giri210995
Jogger
Fitbit has been acquired by Google and still Google Fit integration is not available. Instead of relying on unstable 3rd party apps for Google Fit support, Fitbit should provide users with integration.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @giri210995, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about having the option to sync with Google Fit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here. While we don’t currently have plans to release this feature, we always appreciate the passion and creativity that comes out of this Community. Since we know this idea is important to many of you, we have left voting open to continue tracking interest and will post another update if anything changes. 

To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Eep42
First Steps
It would be really useful to be able to sync fitbit data to Google Fit.
I know this has been suggested before but I feel it needs revisiting after the acquisition by Google.
While I do not know the details of the data sharing agreement I believe an opt-in process similar to strava linking would hopefully allow this.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Eep42, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the possibility of integrating Fitbit with Google Fit. I noticed that a similar feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time. 

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

Du117
Jogger
It’d be really helpful if Fitbit brought in an option to integrate Fitbit devices with Google fit.
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Du117, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about the integration between Fitbit and Google Fit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here, this helps to keeps the boards more organized. Make sure to add your vote as well to support this suggestion, this helps the team of developers to keep track of popularity and demand over time.

Thank you again for your participation in the Community. 

Langsett
Jogger
Please can we link Fitbit to Google fit which is used by some medical programmes in the UK
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Langsett, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding the option to sync with Google Fit. This feature suggestion already exists, so I’ve moved your post here

Click on the thumbs-up to show your support. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

ahamoodi
First Steps
Integration of Fitbit Versa(1-4) and Sense (1 & 2) with Google Fit now is more sensible to expedite as Google acquired Fitbit.

Seamless integration will be more convenient than the current 3rd party app "FittoFit" that works manually although the auto sync feature is active.
RonaldM
Sprinter

Is it possible to reopen or combine this feature suggestion with an earlier one: Integration with Google Fit 

That one was closed in 2017 but I guess times change, and with 9352 votes already it's only fair to re-evaluate.

ahamoodi
First Steps
Agree.

Since Google acquired Fitbit, some Google technology should find areas to
upgrade Fitbit.

The integration with Google fit seems an obvious first step.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @ahamoodi, thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about adding integration with Google Fit. I've moved it into a similar request. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Thank you again for your participation in the Feature Suggestions Forums.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.