Log and Track Medications (or Vitamins etc)

I love my Fitbit and it's a great way of measuring , seeing how well my neurological condition is doing (Myasthenia Gravis). It would be amazing feature if I could also log my medication on the app as it would really help when I go to my neurologist for him to see a complete overall view of my health and how I am coping etc

72 Comments
stokerc
First Steps

It'd be great if the Fitbit could vibrate with the medication name displayed when I need to take meds. This could be used for birth control, too, and would be a plus for the majority of your users.

At the very least, it would be nice to be able to label my alarms. Right now I set silent alarms for my meds and I just have to remember why I set them 🙂

Status changed to: Needs More Info
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @stokerc, thank you for sharing your suggestions.

We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board. At the moment, there are no plans to implement those features:

For future reference, please make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for. 

This suggestion has been archived and can no longer receive votes nor comments.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

sweetapus
First Steps

Yes, it would indeed be fantastic if it were possible to log and set reminders to take medications. I take several which significantly affect my sleep and wakefulness, and it would be invaluable to see how the time of day and whether or not the medication was taken, and in what combinations, had an effect on my day. 

Thanks. 

GloriaMcGill
First Steps

I would love an option track my medications and vitamins, and if there were reminders that would be great.  At the moment i keep a piece of paper on the wall, but it would be awesome to have it in the same place I track most everything else relating to my healthy living.  Could even be a habit tile that one could just name the habits they want to track.

Booyens
Jogger

I think it would be a nice feature if I could log what medication I was taking in a day. later on it might be useful to see on what days I took Ritalin or allergy tablets and compare it to SpO2 or heart rate or... Or its just a reminder of when to take contraceptive pills or cholesterol meds or...

I assume most medication names or trademarks or generics are pretty standard globally or at least easy to find. Also sometimes you don't realise that a tablet is making you sleepy. if you took something out of the ordinary and it made you a little woozy, you could tick a bunch of symptoms to give feedback to whoever makes it. 

Springermomma
Keeping Pace

Just like we have ability to keep track of water consumption it would be awesome if we could set reminders for supplements and medications and have that on our dashboard. 

We would input everything we take and the times and days per week the same as food logs. With ability to have start and end dates such as with antibiotics (most people never finish as prescribed because they forget once they feel better.  

Im vegan so reminders to take b12 would be great. 

We are tracking our health so this would make sense. 

as with the water we could see what we need to take that we may have missed. A medical symbol on the watch. 

Might as as well include a bowel movement log/tracker too.

The ability to have this on a wearable....

fitbit would then be appealing to everyone.

jetsetfoody
Jogger

I’m curious if anyone else feels like Fitbit lags behind MFP. I would LOVE to be able to use Fitbit for everything but what stops me from using the food log is the lack of Nutritional Info (carbs, fats, sugar, fiber, etc) goals. If they had a page set up more like MFP, I’d LOVE to use Fitbit more. I know they do daily % of carbs, protein, and fat but I wish they had a better ‘table’ of the info. They have so much potential they’re not tapping into. If we could set macro and micro goals that would be AWESOME. I’d love to see even a page to track vitamins intake to see vitamin deficits because that’s so common in dieting... 

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @jetsetfoody! We wanted to let you know that the ideas you recently posted already exist on the Feature Suggestions Board.

You can see them here where you can add your vote to those existing suggestions:

Log and Track Medications (or Vitamins etc)

Allow us to set macronutrient goals and show us full macronutrient breakdowns in app

Tracking Micronutrients (B12 and Iron)

In addition, you can link your Fitbit account with MyFitnessPal. For instructions about how to link both accounts, please visit this article.

You can find information about what data will be transferred between Fitbit and MFP on this post.

Please try to make sure you only post one idea per suggestion, so we can keep the board organized, easily searchable and see which idea other members are voting for.

Thanks for participating in Feature Suggestions!

jetsetfoody
Jogger

No, I’m taking about FitBit stepping it’s game up. Not other apps 🤣 I do use MFP atm but would like to see this all merged into Fitbit. 

thosfelt
First Steps

I'd like to be able to track my supplements - I think it would make the most sense to track them where the food is tracked, but it might make more sense to add a category to When? - maybe "supplements"

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @thosfelt! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

GloriaMcGill
First Steps

It would also be great because then I could see how often I’ve had to take Advil for a headache.  

smmartin10300
First Steps

As someone who constantly forgets to take my vitamins/supplements, it would be great to have an option to log those like you would food or water intake.

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @smmartin10300, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback about adding the ability to track multi vitamins or supplements. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

Kritterkrit
Jogger

I, too, have a neurological condition, MS, and have LOVED using my Fitbit to log and monitor things. However, as part of my "health" routine I have to give myself a shot 3 times a week... Sure would be nice if I could log that on here too, and get a reminder, as to simplify things. 😉

Let's do it!!!

develleoper
First Steps

I have a strong interest in this, and it would be so incredibly helpful. I don't log into the Fitbit app much as is, but this the big feature that I've been looking for a health tracking app to provide.

AmyCheyAlex
First Steps

I would love to see a vitamin, medicine daily or as needed with medicine alarms on my fit bit dash board and also earn badges ect. Also would like on my dash board to input diabetes record and high blood pressures and pulse also stretching on the app as well as weight training.These things would be helpful when seeing dr and recording vitals to watch health changes.

EmmaleeA
First Steps

Add a vitamin/medication tracker to the dashboard. I can log my water and food, it would be really useful to also track my vitamin and medication intake.

Emale
First Steps
Add medication feature. Not only for tablet reminders.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Emale, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to track your medications with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. Click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Meg.john
First Steps
I think it would be really helpful to track my vitamins along with my food. Vitamins are a part of daily nutrition and it would be nice to view if you are meeting recommended values with your food and vitamins together.
It would also be good because you can track if you took your vitamins. There would need to be a night and day option.
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Meg.john, thanks for sharing this suggestion about being able to track vitamins in the Fitbit app with us. This idea was already requested in the Feature Suggestions board, so I’ve moved your post here. This will help us to keep the forums organized and make sure the suggestions don't get confused, or split a popular vote. You might also be interested in this other suggestionClick on the thumbs-up to show your support.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.