Manually log floors

Currently you can back date and manually input all other data from steps, caloeries and water but you can't add in floors climbed.

This would be helpful if for example you were mountain climbing and your Fitbit died or simply you forgot your Fitbit.

As it's currently available on all the other logs, making it available for floors can't be difficult.

Moderator Edition: Labels

84 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing. We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

JakeSusan970
First Steps

It’s frustrating that I can not manually log floors climbed . I go to log activities see floors but I find no way to add them on the activities page on Fitbit.com

spigldo
First Steps

Please can you program an update to allow for manual entry of flights of stairs climbed? I can add exercise, why not stairs? I know it’s just a little thing, but I would score more stair climb badges quicker if I had  accurate stair count. I’ve  climbed the same 10 flights of stairs today and yesterday (and most every weekday for the last year!) and my flight count varies between 5-8, never 10. It’s an office building so YES it’s guaranteed 10 feet of incline for each flight. But I  haven’t gotten consistent correct count out of this HR Charge 2 or previous  HR Charge at all and it’s driving me nuts! Please program feature to allow manual entry!

Odyssey13
Community Legend

You hit on a reason why we're not able to add flights of stairs to our activity log. If we were allowed to add them, people would be tempted to add more than they actually did.

One reason our logged walks don't get added to the steps in a challenge, is to prevent people from padding their steps.

I know when I hold on to the railing or have something in my hands, my stairs don't seem to be recognized. Could that be your case?

spigldo
First Steps
Sure, but you can manually add exercise so what’s preventing people from adding fake exercise? I do glide my hand on railing as I have some mild balance issues but i will certainly try your suggestion! And finally: actual step count is captured, just not the flights. If someone wants to claim they climbed 20 flights in one day when they didn’t what’s the harm? Does flight count have any effect on other parts of program other than badges?

Sent from my iPhone
Odyssey13
Community Legend

@spigldo  I agree for most of us, it wouldn't matter. For so many on the forums, they have employers who like to monitor and reward the progress made, so it would be too easy for them to cheat.

LuciaFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @spigldo, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here. Don't forget to add your vote!

John31
First Steps

You can currently log active minutes manually, why can't you log floors climbed manually.  I walk on a treadmill that has an incline.  If I walk a mile at a 4 degree incline, I have roughly climbed 17 floors but there is no way to show this on fitbit.  If you can do it with activity minutes, you should be able to do this with floors climbed.

Meagan2011
First Steps

I agree with this! I do the stepper machine frequently and it does not count toward my floors. 

CreamPuffWar
First Steps

Please allow us to manually add floors. My Fitbit misses about 30% of the  floors I climb at work. 

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @CreamPuffWar, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us, this feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here.

CreamPuffWar
First Steps

That is wonderful but I am not clever enough to figure out how to do this. Please educate me how to manually add floors.

CreamPuffWar
First Steps

I'm confused...I am looking to manually add floors climbed and the moderator says the feature exists. On this thread it says it does not exist. Please clarify.

BTW as far as cheating is concerned, that is not why I want this feature. I have two high, steep staircases inside my home. My device  captures less 1/2 my flights, our none at all. 

John31
First Steps
It currently cannot be done. What it is saying is that the suggestion to do it has already been posted

Sent from my iPhone - 😎have a great day!😎
scparks
Jogger

FLOOR CLIMBS:  I have a  3 story house and my now defunct One did Floors great.  My FLEX does not have that feature and I want to keep track.  My Charge 2 is not great at Floor Climbs (misses more than half which is one reason I do not wear it)  so I would like to add Floors.  I live for the Floor Climbs and keep track daily but it is frustrating NOT to be able to add them in.  My older Charge HR was worse at Floor Climbs than the Charge 2.

LaRun
First Steps

I climb about 100 flights of stairs 3-4 days a week on the Stairmaster but it does not count nor can I add it on my Iconic. If I drive up and down some hills---it counts as floors. Seriously? My feet are not moving but I'm supposedly climbing flights of stairs?

I'm thinking it would be pretty easy to add "flights climbed" when manually adding stairclimber.

Come on Fitbit--

Damojomo
Jogger

I second this suggestion, although I would like to see something like a "recalculate" button added on as well. I've enjoyed getting daily climb badges as I up my exercise, but the other day when I cleared my personal best of 200 floors, reaching 225 and then 250 floors, my Charge 3 recognized the floors climbed but has refused to award me any badges for them despite me turning my phone off and resetting the Charge 3 several times. I've been able to go back and manually hack the logs for steps (which then got me a step badge), but it won't allow me to fix this stair climbing glitch. The way and speed at which the software syncs and makes its calculations should be improved and sped up in general (I shouldn't have to sync 3 times and wait 15 minutes for it to display my excercise summary data), but specifically, please improve our ability to manually correct these glitches so that we aren't forced to lose so much faith in these items ability to track our exercise! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Fitbit Versa did not automatically track my exercise today like it always has in the past. I exercised about 15 minutes three times (it should pick up at 10 minutes one time) and it did not track any of them. So I found out I could just log it myself. Which made me wonder why can't I just log floors since fitbit versa never tracks floors correctly. I suggest you add it. It would be nice to not have to spend more time trying to get my fitbit to work then I spend exercising in order to get it tracked. We need a work-around.

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @SunsetRunner! Great suggestion, thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request. Post a comment or click on the thumbs-up to show your support.

Shawphi
First Steps

YESSSSSS!!! This seems absolutely like an oversight and there are so many other people who just haven’t gotten in here to complain that also wonder why they can add steps but not floors. I do the elliptical machine and it will add like 20 floors climbed. I’m not going up ten feet I haven’t gone up any stairs. But when I do the stair climber...NOTHING. The whole point of a Fitbit is to help see and track your progress. If I can’t see or track how many stairs I’ve climbed on an actual stair master machine I’m much less motivated. PLEASE add this feature ASAP!!! It’s been in this thread for months people have been asking for it. It cannot take that long to add ITV tot he app. “Just do it!” As Nike would say 😅🤞🏻🙏🏻

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please, manually adding floors is extremely important, since your outrageously expensive smartwatches are not counting properly. 

We all need that feature. Make it happen, the sooner the better.

CHI65
First Steps

Just adding myself to the list of people who NEED TO BE ABLE TO ADD FLOORS MANUALLY

If ur trying to cheat its so easy just walk in place on an elevator or escalator and it will give you false floors. I am very

careful not to do this! You are not preventing cheating!! You are preventing people from accurately logging activity

I’m not trying to win prizes I bought this to keep track of my workout and its very frustrating

to not be able to fix its mistakes. This thing misses floors all the time...no matter how carefully I try to make sure

to do it perfect. PLEASE FIX THIS!!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Indeed...

Because of a tracker inability to sync, I've lost 1 000 floors in my lifetime stats, but Fitbit does not seem to care at all to fix this.

I am not trying to cheat. I do climb 200 floors every day for about three years now and Fitbit stole floors from me, I just want them back.

Kyco
First Steps

DITTO - Fit Bit needs to allow manually adding floors!  If people are cheaters, then they will find a way to cheat no matter what you do...because they cheat.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Totally agree to that...

Unfortunately..., Fitbit does not seem to care. Such a shame!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.