More Challenges and Adventures

I would love to have a challenge where people's goal is to win their next stepping badge.I thing that would really make people move!

Sara B.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

461 Comments
Tleroy14
First Steps

I live doing challengers with friends, but would love a greater variety. Also, I think having calorie challenges or other ways to measure yourself would be fun. I get no steps for a rowing workout, but it’s a great workout and seems silly that it shouldn’t count in a fitness competition. 

Maybe also add more trails to compete on? Basically, just an all around upgrade for the friendly competitions. 

YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @Tleroy14, thanks for explaining why you would like to have this option on the Fitbit Challenges. I've moved it into a similar suggestion which has a lot of votes. As the more votes and comments an idea has the more visibility and momentum it gains. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs.

ShineyJ
First Steps

It’s surprising that Fitbit has only 3 adventure races between friends .. pls add more as it’s very boring to keep doing the same races

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @ShineyJ, and thanks for sharing with us your suggestion about adding more adventure races to participate with your friends! We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If your suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates! In the meantime, try visiting our Lifestyle Discussion Forum to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

Gretchen_Schmit
First Steps

Hi all... like the pages I've read from years past... I still think there should be more solo adventures where you can find "gems" and see if you can collect all the tid bits of knowledge. New solo adventures please. I'm bored with FitBit and although the bitmoji partnership is realllyyy cool, I don't feel the need to upgrade to a Versa for that one feature (at least not yet-it may though). Overall, fitbit could use a team of people that make us further engaged with our fitbits (love the holiday idea suggested earlier)... I'm not competitive so weekend or weekday leaderboards do nothing for me.. but "collecting all the things" is cool and fun. Thanks for listening!

skoz
Jogger
I got an Apple Watch so peace out Fitbit

Sent from my iPhone
AvondaB
First Steps

@skoz How are you finding the Apple Watch to be? Do they have challenges etc 

AvondaB
First Steps

@YojanaFitbit @How many people need to vote for change before Fitbit decides to make a change. 

Your terms and conditions clearly state that Fitbit and their employees cannot and will not take unsolicited advice. So are we just wasting our time? 

skoz
Jogger
I love it. The challenges really aren’t like the Fitbit ones but you can share with any friends who have an Apple Watch your activity, and challenge friends for a badge. The badge collection I find is more fun with Apple because it’s almost daily you’re looking for badges versus milestones.

Sent from my iPhone
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I too would like some more challenges, would be great to see some some longer ones and from other countries!
Would be happy to capture the images and data for it.
The current two have got a bit boring for my group of friends

Anayav
First Steps

I see many posts on here with the same idea so I know I’m not unique in saying this, but please add more challenges. There are so many places throughout the world that could be used to excite and interest us Fitbit users that are doing monotonous daily routines. Let us live vicariously through our Fitbit app and watch by climbing a mountain range in Chile or walking the Great Wall or crossing the Alaskan wilderness. 

TanMichelle
Jogger
I couldn't agree more . I hope Fitbit will listen & take action .
JacqueRiehl
Recovery Runner

Good luck with that. People have been asking for more challenges for 5+ years now, as you can see by this and other threads. Instead of giving us more, they took some away.

jgarlits
Jogger

Fitbit has, across the board, rejected our requests and ideas to make their
fitness tracker relevant among today's offerings. The result is that
they're on the brink of going under. It's a shame, but well deserved.
--
Best,

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

TanMichelle
Jogger
I have a Our Path technology pack I got it today I got a Our Path watch ,
Our Path WiFi scales , journal & recipe book .
Barbsousa
Jogger

I gave up and yesterday purchased a Garmin Vivoactive 3 music !! Love it so far! Good luck getting Fitbit to listen!! 

DivaMomVicki
Jogger

Per Fitbit terms and conditions:
"However, neither Fitbit, nor any of its employees, may accept or consider any unsolicited suggestions, including ideas for new or improved products or services, new marketing campaigns or product or service names. Therefore, please do not submit any such unsolicited ideas in any form to Fitbit or any of its employees."

So by suggesting more challenges... we have all insured that there will NOT be more 
challenges! 

I have several suggestions on how to improve your product... but since I can't share them with you or your employees, I'll be sure to share my suggestions with Apple when I go purchase their watch to replace my Fitbit.

AvondaB
First Steps

@DivaMomVicki  girl I agree. I sold my Fitbit and I’m getting the Apple Watch for Christmas. I gave up when I saw how far back this thread goes and how many years ppl were asking for improvement with no response. My only difficulty now is deciding with color and case Apple Watch to get. I hope everyone get on board and put down their Fitbit spread the word and boycott. Eventually they will shut down

AvondaB
First Steps

@Barbsousa I have the Garmin vivosmart HR which was a gift and I would never get rid of it. I bought the Fitbit because of the challenges and a couple colleagues had them but I quickly got bored with it after the same old challenges. So I’m getting the Apple Watch. 

CountessOurobor
First Steps

I would like to have maps of the Shire, Westoros, Pandora, the Nevernever, or other fantasy locations to do. 

Anayav
First Steps

CountessOurobor that is an amazing idea!  Anyone with app making experience. Please...let’s do Fantasy Map trails!

jgarlits
Jogger

New App available . No Fitbit needed. "Walk the Distance " lets you hike
the Appalachian Trail virtually. I asked Fitbit for this feature. No
response. A kid coded it when his mom requested it.
--
Best,

Sahwheet
First Steps
Hi Jim, thanks for the info. What app store?
Peg-P
Stepping Up

More solo changes please! As someone mentioned, there are so many National Parks! More challenges period!

jgarlits
Jogger

Android and Apple
--
Best,

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.