More Challenges and Adventures

I would love to have a challenge where people's goal is to win their next stepping badge.I thing that would really make people move!

Sara B.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject and labels

461 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

why this specific one ?

and why not the thousand of thousand of trails around the world ?

i want also the little trail in my hidden french village.

be realistic.

jgarlits
Jogger

First, I think it would be great if Fitbit opened their platform up so that you could add a Challenge for the trail in your little French village.

But on to your question. Why this specific one? Because it is one of the most well known long trails in America, and it has shelters every few miles over the entire length of the trail. Every step of mileage and elevation is known, as well as every point of interest, every water source, every town. There are thousands of pictures and videos of every mile of the trail so it would be easy to reward Challegees with visual feedback. Thousands of people every year start a thru-hike of the AT, and it is "just a thing" that could generate excitement for Fitbit users who want a longer challenge to spur them to keep adding mileage and elevation to their routine every day for fitness and weight loss.

I think it is very realistic, and thank you for your input.

Dervari
Strider

+1 on this idea!

DblGee
Tempo Runner

Awesome suggestion!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please do some more adventure challenges...The Appalachian Trail would be awesome or other marathons because if I shell out money for a surge or blaze I want new stuff to do haha. Please.

lmccarroll
Jogger

I would love to see more adventures also. This feature is awesome! I'm particularly interested in a Grand Canyon adventure.

GrahamDennis
First Steps

Can we please have some more personal challenges for the charge 2? The Great Wall of china, London marathon for example. The ones we have are great, but it would be nice to have some more to choose from. Thanks 

Rigger64
First Steps

Well being in Australia all of the adventures mean not much it would be great to be able to choose what/where the adventure you want to go to.

Infact it would be great to have at least one adventure that is Australia based.

Mrmoore
Jogger
I agree it would be nice 👍

Sent from my iPhone
meandean360
First Steps

id like soem new challenges and adventures. adding new tihings to both would help keep motivated. I know adventures dont really matter persay but its liek a game to do them so adding a bunch of new ones to collect a badge while gettings steps in is a fun way for me to keep doing them. The challenges are fun but i want more and different ways to challenge people. lets say who gets most steps in a hour hour period or soemthing that make me want to beat other people. say instead of a week how about a month long challenge. the more adventures and challenges you come up with the more people are going to want to do them and more people will want to try and keep using products. because it becomes like a game. Ive only had mine for over a month now and im addicted to the challenges. Also add in some new badges and mileage markers. maybe some common milege liek 100's and thousands not just places. Also a way to keep track of lifetime mileage daily would be a nice feature. I know id liek to seehow much ive stepped per year and lifetime

Bridie04
Jogger

I love the adventures they're great, in fact I sold the fitbit idea to a friend and she brought one because of the adventures.  I would love to see the great wall of china and what about the other wonders of the world. The world's your oyster literally what about a walk around the world. 

The fitbit is amazing and you could do so much more. 

London at night so beautiful. 

wxchick
Base Runner

How about more adventures centered around well known landmarks or our national parks throughout the U.S. Or even the Grand Canyon, around Venice in Italy, the Eiffel Tower in Paris, just to name a few spots. A walking trip around DC would be interesting for sure.

Snazzy01
First Steps

I vote, more adventures! With google maps and all I'd think this would be relatively easy. The US Capitols is a great idea! Love what everyone has suggested. How about the Great Wall of China, or the Boston Marathan. The Boulder Boulder from Colorado. Get to know our county, Washington DC mall. If not in a person to person challenge, the messages that come up about an upcoming landmark, are perfect to keep you mindful of getting in the steps!!!

Love Fitbit!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MizzB
First Steps

I got my Fitbit at Christmas. I've already completed all the adventures. These are my favourite bit. Please do more. Perhaps you should let users submit walks with photos. Could enable some more varied walks with local flavour

ChelleUK
First Steps

I agree! I would love to have more adventure! They make me really want to do get out and do more and have motivated me to get myself to the gym more often.

jarofkla
First Steps

Put them all in there. Even the lesser known like Shenandoah. I'd do them all!

jgc
First Steps

I'm disappointed that you have not partnered with the US National Parks Service to add all of the parks to Fitbit Adventures. There are probably parks employees and Fitbit users already tracking themselves on the trails. Volunteers could also be enlisted if needed to gather info. Fitbits could be sold at park stations with maps. Also, I feel the "Goal Day Challenge" could be eliminated and should be replaced by a daily stairs climbed challenge.

Thanks,

Jeannette

adeninesangel
First Steps

Id love to see more adventure locations! Im heading to hawaii in sept and tgere are sooo many amazing trails I cannot wait to hike! It would be great if there were some adventures there for us to try!

In 2019 were heading to disneyworld...i think some disney adventures would also be a blast! Did you know they already have a special 4 day disney world marathon??!!

Also as I'm from BC ...and we have lots of trails...esp in the fraser valley...id love to see some close to home as well!

Valjohu
First Steps

I know so many UK Fitbit users and we're all looking forward to some UK challenge s. Hoping we get some soon. Please!

Boaty1988
First Steps

Challenges are great, but very, very limited.

Why are they all step based? Why not have a floors climbed challenge? Or active mins/distance covered challenge etc. the list could go on and on...

Also, adventures need expanding too. 

Cyclegirl9
First Steps

I agree with everyone else. The challenges are my favorite part and it's sad that there are only 6. There is so much potential there

JCole11271990
Jogger

I would really like to see swimming challenges! 

Self competitive and competitive challenges such as:

The most swam in a day/week.

The fastest time for certain lengths.

Maybe challenges between 2 or more teams with cumulative scores. 

Zeya
Recovery Runner

Yes,I agree.  Because sometimes the steps are a bit off for the adventures. At least  for me. So  i wish we were able to edit it to distance  instead of steps. For instance the NYC 5 k was 3.1 miles but I ended up  walking a bit more than that. I really had to push myself. Sometimes I do for the adventures  to get to my daily  destinations  because the step count is off to the mile count. 

Huggymama
First Steps

Some Australian ones would be great, Melbourne, Sydney, Great Ocean Road. Or maybe Darwin to Adelaide! 

London on and Paris too. Or the Poles for the brave.

Helenangela1986
First Steps

Some new challenges would be great, maybe some uk ones 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.