More Reached Goal Alerts on Device

A few of my friends and I who are all Fitbit users (various devices) have expressed a desire to have more step goal notifications on the device.  For instance, if your daily goal is 10,000 steps, have it do a little buzz and blink when you are at 5,000.  The devices with a bigger display could say more.  Then your normal alert when you hit your step goal.  Then if you go above and beyond, as we do sometimes, have more alerts.  An alert when you hit 15,000.  A special alert if you double your goal, 20,000, and so on.

Thank you.

Moderator Edit: Updated label

27 Comments
mdskillet
First Steps
Would it be possible to, in the future, get notifications of partial completion. Like a nice reminder at 5,000 steps, etc to mark progress? It's nice to check the actual count but the notification that you've reached halfway or whatever would be awesome. The app already does it, it should be relatively simple to implement it on the watch too.
Michaels19
Tempo Runner
I think it should also keep going after your goal, and yeah! Every ____ amount of steps/goal you do then you get notified, and the frequency being able to be changed
Libertyblu
First Steps
Would love to see this feature added. Every 1000 steps the fitbit should vibrate. Its so rewarding to get to your goal, so I think little reminders to move during the day would be great to help you keep moving to get to your goal.
OperationDx
First Steps

As a person who is hitting 10K steps in my first workout of the day.  I would like it if my surge told me the same for each additional 10K Steps.  So one for 10k then one for 20k and then one for 30k and on and on.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

nope.

already requested

OperationDx
First Steps

No as in not gonna happen?  Or I just asked the samething someone else had?

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
HeydyF
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Thanks for sharing this great idea! I think it could be very helpful if your tracker buzzes every time you do double of your daily goal or more! I hope this can be take into consideration. 

Keep posting ideas or vote for those that already exist. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yes. Milestones would be great!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

i agree that a buzz every 10k would be a good ide

RobertoME
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Having alerts on the tracker itself for every goal milestone would be nice as motivation to reach everyday's goal. Keep contributing with your vote and comments so this idea can become very popular.

Keep participating in the Fitbit Community.

Lynnmckwn
Jogger

It would be great if your Fitbit could 'celebrate' every 10000 steps (or whatever milestones people set) and not just the first milestone  as this may motivate people to walk that bit further. 

Moderator edit: labels

Speez
First Steps

YES!!!! THIS!!!! I got to 20k steps for the first time.... I couldn't wait for my next round of fireworks!! Then nothing happened... It was very disappointing!! Yeah,  I got the overachiever pop up.... But I might try to get to 20k AGAIN and BEYOND if there was a celebration about it.... Pretty please!!!!

Laceymakescakes
First Steps

Can we please have a feature where the Alta hr celebrates every 10k of steps we do instead of just the first 10k of steps in a day. Would be a fun way to encourage more steps in a day if we get the initaly celebration more than once. 

fondaroc3
Recovery Runner

I love the fact that my fitbit will vibrate when i reach my goal, i have it set at 5000 steps but as i do 15-20,000 steps it would be great if it would vibrate every 5000 steps. I find the vibration inspires me to keep going, so i wear my fitbit but i also wear a cheaper tracker that i can set at  10,000 which really helps me to achieve more, i am sure other member of the fitbit community would also love this.

PeterWombat
Recovery Runner

I had the same thought. Whatever the target goal I'd like the tracker to vibrate each time I add that many more steps, as the original poster set it, at 5000, 10000, 15000, or whatever the target is.

@fondaroc3 wrote:

I love the fact that my fitbit will vibrate when i reach my goal, i have it set at 5000 steps but as i do 15-20,000 steps it would be great if it would vibrate every 5000 steps. I find the vibration inspires me to keep going, so i wear my fitbit but i also wear a cheaper tracker that i can set at  10,000 which really helps me to achieve more, i am sure other member of the fitbit community would also love this.

Valkyrienz
Recovery Runner

I too would love to see more signals for every 10,000 steps... like you have a rocket and fireworks for 10000, so what about a Meteor for 20000 steps and say a Space Station for 30000 steps and a U.F.O. for 40000 steps, a Comet for 50000 steps and a SuperNova for 60000 steps and so on(do people do 60000+ a day?), anyway that would be very awesome.. as I do 10000 to 20000 on occasion and I know people who do way more.. so more signals for each 10000 would be very cool! Smiley Very Happy Heart

MarcelBK
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

That’s an interesting idea and could be useful, thanks for sharing this suggestion.

Status changed to: Not currently planned
SantiR
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQs. For now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

SimonGoldenberg
First Steps

I came here to make the same suggestion. On those rare and wonderful days I double my step goal, I'd love to get the celebration reminder automatically.

LeneArt
First Steps

I love that that the Fitbit gives me a cheer when I have achieve my goal for the day and revards me with its little buzz, stars and rockets. This keeps me motivated to finish my goal for the day.

I would have love to have it buzz a second or maybe a third time when you hav doubled  or tripled your amount of goal with more stars and rockets. Sometimes its these smal things that makes you go a little further and stay motivated and push your limit sometimes.

Everybody likes sparkels and gold stars and some cheering:)

Powellie
First Steps

When I attain my daily target, currently set to 10,000 steps, my Charge 2 vibrates and acknowledges this achievement with a short firework display, so that I can detect my target has been reached without the need to look at the display.

If I continue walking and reach 20,000 or even 30,000 steps etc. in a day, it would be nice if the Charge 2 could vibrate and give the short firework display on these occasions as well. 

fondaroc3
Recovery Runner

(Status changed to: Not currently planned

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. We're always striving to enhance Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. We do not currently have plans to release this feature. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released in our FAQsFor now, we will leave this suggestion open for votes (and closed to comments) so that we can continue to track community demand over time. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.)

A typical reply from Fitbit, it does not seem to matter what we want they will do it their own way, they probably cannot do it but will not say so.

Bigfinnmc
First Steps

It would be great to be recognised when doing 20,000, 30,000 steps in a day not just the 10,000 on the ionic watch. Oh person you have just doubled the daily amount etc

Stuartdg
First Steps

We get a notification when we reach 10k steps.  Why not add a notification for each incremental 10k step achieved in a day. 

LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Lynnmckwn and @Stuartdg. Thanks for this fantastic idea! I've moved it into a similar request. I think that you would like to check this other suggestion. You can keep adding your votes to this suggestion so we can keep tracking this request overtime!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.