More clock/watch faces for the Charge 3!

So, the Charge 3 is out and there is a huge let down:

There are only 5 clock/watch faces:charge 3 clock.png

Come on Fitbit...at least include all the Charge 2 watch faces too. We all loved the Charge 2 watch face with the time, date and the highlighted feature (steps/heart rate etc.)

Whats missing:

- Faces with the actual DATE and DAY

- Faces with a DIGITAL SECONDS TIMER

Or to say it again, just include the Charge 2 watch faces. Thanks in advance.

1,624 Comments
Illnos
Jogger

3 months later and still not resolved. Still no watch face like the Charge 2 that shows Date/Time/Steps/HR all on the same screen...

Macirae2
Stepping Up
Come on fit bit I have faith you can do this

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
rickm808
Recovery Runner

I totally support having all the Charge 2 faces on the the Charge 3.   I prefer the time, date and two stats watch face so I don't have to use two hand every time I check the watch. I'd love to upgrade to the 3 but just can't see it if I have to use both hands and toggle through screens all the time.

From a happy charge 2 owner

immcar
Jogger

clock faces without heart rateclock faces without heart rateclock faces with heart rateclock faces with heart rate

hi I brought a Charge three late last year, wasn't fussed with the clock faces but went with what was there. recently i discovered more faces have been added the original and i love the charge 2 retro clock face (as shown in Picture) is there any chance you guys could release something similar to the second picture that include the heart rate on there is well and that would make the perfect clock face.

-pico
Jogger

Oh please include a face with date and time!!!!!!! I'm going to have to consider this a horrible purchase if I can't get that. Not worth the added water resistance.

rmeldahl
First Steps

I would love to see the day of the week added there, I see there is one but it's so large that you lose other things that I like on the watch face.

Would be nice to have the month, day of the week, date, time and then your steps, HR, etc option all together..
Sure wish calendar was an app option too 😞

gillianjo
Jogger

Just charged and put my new charge 3 on my wrist and can’t find a clock face I am satisfied with. Honestly, it’s only been a few minutes and I am thinking about returning it and keeping my charge 2 just for the face. I need to see all on one screen, in bigger fonts that fill the entire screen, date/time/steps/heart rate. It would be great to also have the charge 2 faces available. I’m afraid I won’t be able to get past the awful clock face choices and tiny fonts. Ridiculous limited clock face choices. 

FrankED
Jogger
That is what I did returned Charge 3 and resumed using my Charge 2. The only thing Fitbit will respond to is lack of sales based on loss of functionality with lousy clock faces. We have been waiting for three months and silence from Fitbit which leads me to believe my first guess in that they cannot reproduce the Charge 2 clock faces, hopefully I am wrong.

Sent from my iPad
Brazelton
Jogger
I wish I had kept the charge 2. The 3 does nothing that the 2 did not
do...although I do really like my woven lavender band on the 3 and I okay
now with one of the faces that has everything I want but the step count is
pretty small.
truthinbeer
Base Runner
@gillianjo, I did exactly that when I could not find a decent face with data I could read. I took it back. No point whining on this community board, Fitbit ain't gonna listen or they would have fixed it already.

Macirae2
Stepping Up
Come on fit bit for God sakes, do something that the people want.TIME, STEPS, DATE,HR.

Sent from my Galaxy Tab® S2
BumpyRoad
Recovery Runner

Just like @AbsoluteBurn said in a different post, "You gotta accommodate us old people that forget the day of the week."

Shanonmom
First Steps

The font is so small, I can't actually see my step counter. This is useless. How about giving us back the Charge 2 fonts?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Totally agree: just add the ‘legacy’ clock faces of the Charge 2. Date, time and steps/rate. 

- added note:

just noticed the updated clock faces which includes the Charge 2 Retro clock face. Date, time and steps/rate. 

Dan_Charge3
First Steps

Please add more watch faces to charge 3. 

My requests

1. Rectangular analogy watch, with classy look. With date included inside the analog layout.

2. Digital watch face with a more appealing layout. 

3. Multiple data digital layout for use while workout.

Crazycatlady777
First Steps

Hi

Loving my new charge 3 but could we please have the day on the screen as well like my Fitbit Alta did. 

Etc Mon, Tues. Have to think twice when it’s a long week end, holidays etc.

I need the date, day, time and steps on it please. 

Even if it’s just a little M, Tu, W, Th....... 

please consider. Would really really appreciate this. 

Thanks 

IchibanNeko
Recovery Runner

I continue to be very puzzled as to why Fitbit software engineers seem incapable of taking advantage of the larger active screen on the Charge 3, given how effectively displays were designed for the Charge 2's smaller screen.  Charge 2 active screen dimensions:  20 mm x 10.5 mm (approximate on length, given the curve).  Charge 3 active screen dimensions:  22 mm x 14 mm (same approximation).  Why is there such a difficulty involved in making full use of the Charge 3's screen real estate?  Why does the team take the position that a basic, utilitarian, four-feature display--using the Charge 2 as a base template--is such a chore to provide?

This isn't the proverbial rocket science, and shouldn't be so seemingly difficult to execute. Cat Frustrated

Disappointed by the lack of creativity and effort on the part of Fitbit's software designers --

---

IchibanNeko Cat Wink

Fish23
Jogger
Exactly. Thank you for providing those dimensions and posing your thoughts like you did. Well done.

You almost think that HMI (Human-Machine Interface) engineering was missing for the 3, deliberately and/or arrogantly.

I too hope that your suggestion to utilize all the available display “real eatate” is acted upon and made somewhat customizeable. This will to allow us to tailor the display to out meet our own needs.

Sent by iPhone
Dan9704
Jogger

I believe the designers are not allowing the developers to make a utilitarian clock face.

My guess this would be similar to what Apple does sometimes where a so called beautiful design takes over the utility of the device.

Hopefully all our comments here will convince FitBit to do better.

It seems that it will be trivial for someone at FitBit to create an actually useful clock face.

Right now I need to start the App on the iPhone or my PC to understand what info I have for the day.

Shanonmom
First Steps
Exactly. If I have to use my phone or PC, it loses it's effectiveness on
the trail when I'm hiking
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This doesn't make sense!  I've owned Charge 2 trackers for years.  The one I have on now keeps working and doing what it should.  It has 3 important things on the screen that I am ALWAYS referencing:

1. date/time

2. steps

3. heart rate

It is simple, easy to read, and is just the information I want.  So I sit here with my aging Charge 2, with one of the wristband segments starting to fail, scratches accumulated on the face over time and heavy use, just waiting for the Charge 3 to have a screen with these simple three things shown on it so I can upgrade.

I cannot accept that this is a technology challenge that is impossible to overcome.  The screen is bigger, the electronics newer, the engineering evolved and advanced.  The only things I can guess at as to why FitBit folks would have such a clear and obvious shortcoming:

1. Stubborn reliance on some dodgy market research
2. Just lazy
3. Hoping to push users to larger, more expensive FitBit alternatives

....very sad...

Fish23
Jogger
Another post with which I fully agree! Thank you.

Sent by iPhone
Jerad2142
First Steps

I'm also going to be lame and jump on the bandwagon of liking the charge 2 clock faces better (I'd still have it today if the screen hadn't finally died), it was just more convenient to have:
Time

Date
Steps

Heart Rate

A way to customize what is one the screen would be super cool.

Thanks!

Shanonmom
First Steps
Every time I complain about the charge 3 my husband says but that's easy
why can't they just do that. He's like my watch does all of that. it's
ridiculous that a fitness tracker can't accurately track fitness that I can
actually see. and before people make all of the cracks about geriatric I
suggest you talk to my teenagers who both have perfect vision and myself
who has perfect vision and we're all having problems. It's supposed to be
at a glance. That's the beauty of a tracker
nsadofsky
Jogger

Honestly, until they can get the date on the screen, I won't buy one of the. Was contemplating a purchase, but all my watches have to have the date!!!!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.