More condition/symptoms on Menstrual Health Tracking

Some obvious ones I don’t feel are listed in the conditions, things I like to note during my cycle.  A big one which a lot of women suffer with like Bloating and sleep deprivation. 

Some ideas that could be listed in conditions 

bloated (RELEASED!)

sleep deprivation (vote here!)

gassy/windy

back pain (vote here!)

increased appetite (vote here!)

high stress (RELEASED!)

high energy (RELEASED!)

dizziness (vote here!)

decrease appetite (vote here!)

clotting

constipation / diarrhea (vote here!)

PMS (vote here!)

cravings (vote here!)

HCG levels

anxiety (RELEASED!)

the list im sure goes on..

maybe there could be a bit that allows you to write in a notes on whichever days the individual needs. Every woman cycle changes and being able to write a note when those changes happened would be good. 

I think a pregnancy mode is definitely needed also where women can log stages in their pregnancy and also make notes where needed.  And then I think maybe something for after pregnancy breastfeeding etc. 

Moderator Edit: Title for Clarity 

Moderator edit: Updated released symptoms and links to individual symptom suggestions.

236 Comments
stenochris
Recovery Runner

I love the new female health portion of the app and the symptoms and moods.  However, it would be great if you could put irritable as a mood and craving or hunger as a symptom or mood.

Bluesquares
First Steps

Add "back pain" as a trackable option. Digestive upsets would be good to track add well

Status changed to: New
AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hello @Bluesquares! Thanks for sharing this suggestion, I moved it to this similar post so you can add your vote to it. Please keep sharing your ideas with us! Woman Happy

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I personally think the female tracking portion on the app is done very poor. Not everyone woman can pick her symptoms during her cycle from the limited options that are provided.

I have been using an app called "Clue" for nearly two years now and they have such an incredibly detailed tracking system for your cycle and can provide predictions based on your past entries. I think that Fitbit needs to make a lot of improvements to the system. I sent an email and they advised me to post it on the Community page (not sure why because when you go to the Fitbit website and go to provide feedback on the Female tracking page, it prompts you to send an email)

I think the tracking system should provide more categories and options in each to select from. Here are my suggestions and would really appreciate if this can be addressed. I would like to solely use the Fitbit app for all of my tracking, but will continue to use Clue until Fitbit can improve it.

1) Pain - cramps, headache, ovulation, tender breasts

2) Sleep - 0-3 hours, 3-6 hours, 6-9 hours, 9+ hours

3) Energy - energized, high, low, exhausted

4) Sex - unprotected, protected, high sex drive, withdrawal method

5) Bleeding - light, medium, heavy, spotting

6) collection method - tampon, pad, panty liner, menstrual cup

7) Stool - great, normal, constipated, diarrhea

😎 Digestion - great, bloated, nauseated, gassy

9) Cravings - sweet, salty, carbs, chocolate

10) Skin - good, oily, acne, dry

11) Mental - focused, distracted, calm, stressed

12) Mood - happy, sensitive, sad, PMS

13) Other - this would allow you to manually enter your symptoms for tracking purposes that do not fall into other categories i.e. back pain, etc etc

I think the fitbit female tracker has a long way to go and can use many improvements and I really hope my suggestions will be taken seriously and implemented. I think every woman would want more options to chose from other than the few choices we have now. Each woman and her cycle are unique and Fitbit needs to allow us to track everything!!

I am happy to chat about this more.

Thanks!

Amarble
Jogger

I agree!

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

is someone from Fitbit going to respond to this?

JuanFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi  @SunsetRunner @Amarble , thanks for sharing your ideas and comments. I moved your post to this similar request, as some of the requests you made have been released and others are open to vote. Lets see what other users think about this. Keep posting your suggestions. 

Snowleopard
Jogger

I love the accuracy of the Female Health Tracking app, but the logging options are sorely limited. The Period Health Tracker app was what I used previously, and while it was absolute crap at predicting your period, it had really good logging options. Being able to add a custom option was also really beneficial, so even when they may not have thought of every little thing, you can add one in for yourself. Being able to select the severity/intensity of each symptom was also very important, as some symptoms worsen the closer you get to your period or ovulation. the most important one I’d like to see added in is Back Pain. It’s fairly common for women to have minor back pains as they’re getting ready to ovulate. For people trying to conceive, that’s super important to be able to track accurately.  

Status changed to: New
EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

@Snowleopard Thank you for your suggestion about adding more options on Female Health tracking.

I moved it to this thread to keep this board organized and because it is the same idea.

E-shortstride23
First Steps

The "symptoms" and "mood" portion of the female health feature should be expanded to include a larger variety of moods and symptoms. The below list includes symptoms and moods that I think should be added.

Symptoms:
Increased Appetite

Nausea

Decreased Appetite 

Sleepy

Vaginal Pain

Extra Pooping

Exhaustion

Mood:

Need to cry / Emotional

Crabby

Angry

Giddy

EdsonFitbit
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @E-shortstride23, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback expanding mood and symptoms on Female health. This feature suggestion already exists so I’ve moved your post here to keep this board organized.

We ask that you only post one idea per Feature Suggestion, that way we can keep these boards organized and searchable, in addition to clearly understanding which idea other members are voting for. If one of your ideas is not shown above please repost it as individual Feature Suggestion by clicking ‘Add New Suggestion’. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.