New updated clip on tracker

I have had a One for 3 years now and love it but am a bit disappointed that some features are not available on it (e.g.. active mins per hour etc). Please can you make a new clip on fitbit with more features. I really don't want a wrist one at all.

1,086 Comments
sanchosackville
First Steps

Killing the Fitbit One is Fitbits worst Decision!!!!!!!

Bring back the Fitbit One or update the Zip to have the same features and ability to charge.  Without a Fitbit One option, I will be looking for an alternative to this as my current One dies as I do not want something on my wrist.

Chess
Sprinter

I have been a loyal FitBit One wearer for 4 years now. I am shocked and completely disappointed that you would discontinue a product that has become such a huge part of so many people's daily lives and fitness routines.  I have a severe nickel allergy and am unable to wear any of the wrist based trackers - even the Flex 2 band breaks me out after 2 days.  The magnetic "clip" that has been designed by a 3rd party, for the Flex 2, is poor, and offers no protection against loss.  And the Flex 2 does not have an altimeter, which I love, nor does it offer the ability to check my steps without having my darn phone with me.  The ONE is absolutely perfect, for so many of us.  It's very frustrating that you would even consider removing this device from market without a similar alternative.  Very very ticked off at FitBit.  

Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @lysa_d thanks for the feedback. Though Fitbit One is a popular product, we are always working to streamline our offerings as we introduce new products. Fitbit One will be removed from Fitbit.com and some retail partners over the next few months. 

If you’re looking for a new tracker, we recommend considering the other discreet options we offer—Fitbit Zip if you prefer a clip-based tracker or Fitbit Flex 2 if you prefer a slim, wrist-based tracker. You can learn more about these trackers plus the rest of the Fitbit family of products at https://www.fitbit.com/compare.

Please note that we will continue to support the One, even when it is no longer available, and provide troubleshoots and replacements for devices in warranty.

We apologize for any inconvenience and hope we can continue to provide you with Fitbit trackers you love and help you reach your goals.

Glendamay
Recovery Runner

a clip on type that still tracks sleep and flights of stairs climbed. Not everyone wants a wrist band but still wants features in the product

BlueBat
Recovery Runner

As someone who does a lot of hill walking and didn't want a strap on tracker I chose a Fitbit One. It has been great up until the recent battery drain issues. Looking at a potential upgrade I have noticed, with disappointment,  that none of the new Fitbit basic models now have an altimeter. What have you got against counting steps? Even if I compromise as opt for a wrist band only the top end tracker now have this feature. 

KarenLeah
Tempo Runner

I’m confused, don’t all Fitbit’s count steps? 

BlueBat
Recovery Runner

Sorry for the confusion I was commenting on the loss of stair counts. It should say stairs instead of steps!

adam_t
Recovery Runner

Hi. I understand that the Zip does not "support" sleep tracking. My suggestion is to NOT disable sleep logging in the app when the Zip is the registered device. With the One, I got in the habit of manually logging my sleep every morning via the app. Upon switching to the Zip, sleep logging functionality disappeared from both the app interface and the web browser interface. I don't think there's a good reason for it to be disabled other than to encourage purchasing the more expensive products. Sleep logging is so useful to me that I'm considering returning the Zip and reverting to using my old One with a diminished battery until I can find something that will do what I want. I'm not interested in a tracker I have to wear on my wrist. Thanks.

essloane
Base Runner

I am a huge, huge fan of the One, (I've owned two and was buying my third) and so sad that it has been discontinued. I am not interested in the Zip, as my kids had it and it does not track floors climbed or sleep - two One features that I used every day; and the battery life was disappointing.  The floors climbed was especially important.  There are many of us who are fans of the One, because we could wear it discreetly, attached to clothing.  Perhaps, in the absence of the One, since it seems the band trackers are often removable, there can be a choice of "clip type" accessories, to turn the wrist trackers into "clip on" trackers.  Honestly, looking at the features of the wrist trackers, the One was a very special option, so thanks for the 5 years of 23/7 wear. 

BTW:   please do not suggest I buy a Zip, I have already been given that suggestion by two fitbit employees and my answer is No.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

ggoode66
Jogger

I totally understand the fitbit on the wrist as it double duty as a watch,  but as someone that dances quite a bit it's not accurate.  When you keep your hand stable and in frame it is not going to register the steps taken accurately.  My dance partner will wear hears on the wrist, while I have my fit bit one in my pocket, or clipped to my waist since some dance pants don't have pockets   Hers will always be at least 2/3 less steps than mine even though we are dancing together.

This is why I love my fitbit one, but it seems to be going away. Please keep it around or a model I can charge myself for us dancers that want to track our steps. 

juliajchen
Stepping Up

I completely agree with essloane.   I have been a Fitbit One user since November 2012. I am on my 3rd One, and I simply love the product.  I have worn it 24/7 this entire time.  I am extremely disappointed that the One has been discontinued, and I am hoping that Fitbit either brings the One back or replaces it with an equivalent product.  I am not interested in the wrist trackers or the Zip.  The One was the perfect tracker for my lifestyle.  I love the Fitbit company, the Support team and the community.  I do not want to look for a non-Fitbit tracker when my One stops working, but I may have to if Fitbit does not have a product that meets my requirements.  Please bring the One back or provide an equivalent product!

paulyeps
Jogger

I agree as well ... I Love my one and don’t like wrist devices... you already have a great product why discontinue it ? Makes

no sense 

phv
Tempo Runner

I am so much alined, being myself a salsa/bachata addict further ti my mountain hiking passion.

OneLoverJH
Jogger

You can't just clip a wristband fitbit device in a discreet location.  

The design requires the back and forth motion/movement of being worn on a wrist to record steps.

This is why the discontinuation of the fitbit One is so frustrating to One wearers - fitbit is not offering us a comparable alternative.

mjkey
Recovery Runner

I agree! I really hope they're planning on re-releasing the One before Christmas. I've had my One for 5 years and love it, but it's on its way out and I was hoping to replace it within the next few months. I'm not at all interested in the Zip since it doesn't have the same features, and I really am not interested in wearing anything on my wrist or as a pendant, partially because I don't like to wear accessories and partially because they do not seem to be as accurate as trackers worn on the waist. 

Promisloff
First Steps

I completely agree with everything that was said about the One.  Mine just died and I am so upset that I am not able to replace it.  I have been looking on eBay and amazon trying to find a replacement because I do not like wearing things on my wrist and do not want the zip.  I loved the fact that the One was rechargeable and will not get a tracker that does not track flights of stairs.  I have been using my One for almost 5 years and cannot believe that they got rid of it.  Please please bring it back!!  It was very stupid of you to get rid of it in the first place.  The fact that they are reselling on eBay and amazon for over $200 should tell you that people still love this product and want it to stay around.

Shelley1225
Recovery Runner

Very disappointed that FitBit seems to be into releasing all new Models of the latest and greatest and has discontinued the very convenient clippable tracker.  Except for the Zip which is horrible, all the trackers are worn on the wrists.  Bring back the One or the Ultra.

I’d love to have another tracker like the One or Ultra (zip is too bulky). I miss my Ultra!!! 

ShaiKingTroy
Tempo Runner

Please make a new clip

I am a fan of Fitbit from the beggining because of the clips. I used to wear the zip, but after wearing the one, the zip deals old. Anyways, I lost my one (long story that's in another thread) and I'm looking for a new clip.

So Fitbit, I have some suggestions for you:

- create a new clip, a better one. I don't know, maybe make it waterproof?

- create a second One. Perhaps the Fitbit Two. With better features, longer battery life, and maybe even waterproof. (I really like the idea of it being water proof)

- create official clips for other Fitbit surge. If so, Fitbiters (that's what I want to call it) can choose the features and where they want to wear the device

- create a two in one. For example, a device that is a watch, and a clip! (Steps and stairs on clip, while other things on watch)

Thanks

BJToepper
First Steps

My girlfriend's One is beginning to fail, and when I went to buy her another, I find that Fitbit has discontinued the product. Obviously, I have no particular insight into the One's profitability, but it does seem Fitbit is herding us towards its watches. That's really not going to happen: my girlfriend has a luxury watch she prefers for its aesthetics, and I no longer wear a watch at all. I see watches as fashion statements, and I really don't want to declare an allegiance to Fitbit on my wrist. If I went back to wearing a watch, I can think of three other activity-tracking watches I'd prefer to Fitbit, and a dozen other watch companies with better jewelry sense. I love the One for many reasons, not least that I can discretely hide it away in my pocket.

So, now, Fitbit offers us as replacement a series of compromises. 1) We can choose the Zip with its limited feature set, non-rechargeable battery, and its Tomiguchi-Pet design sense. 2) We can buy an Alta or Flex, remove the band, and see whether the swing-based step tracking algorithm works as well as the One, or 3) we can ... wear a watch. None of these works for us.

I don't suppose that my small voice will be heard beyond the four corners of this computer screen, but if it is, I would make this suggestion to Fitbit brass: please provide us with a suitable One replacement. If you can't make any money selling dedicated clip products, then make a product that can be adapted to many uses. How about the "Fitbit Core," a capsule that carries all the electronics with a series of different housings for different people?

You've spent so much time and money building the Fitbit brand, attracting me and millions of others to the community. It boggles that you're now focusing on watches -- on jewelry -- rather than your core competency as a pedometer company. The watch companies are going to eat your lunch, or at the very least, gain this customer.

Fritz.1
First Steps

I am a healthcare provider who cannot wear jewelry on my wrist (infection control reasons) and have worn a Fitbit one for a long time. It is starting to need more frequent recharging so I looked for a new one to replace it and found out it was discontinued. I used to have a Zip - it is an unacceptable alternative because of the battery situation and the lack of amenities. I am loyal to Fitbit but you have given me no choice but to see what other companies offer. I personally know many other health care providers who use the One because of the clip on feature and I'm afraid you're going to lose them as well. I really hope that one of your new products coming soon will be a clip on with the same recharging capabilities and features as the Fitbit One. Thanks for listening. 

AuntieS
Recovery Runner

My Mom and I both love our Fitbit One.  Need to have this option as I do not want to wear something on my wrist all the time.  PLEASE bring back a clip on option!

AuntieS
Recovery Runner

I am in complete agreement with everyone here.  Being on my second One (lost the first one), I wanted to have a backup should anything happen to this.  My mom also loves the One and does not want to wear anything on her wrist other than her bracelets.  PLEASE, bring back the One.  Absolutely love the fact that I can clip it on my jeans, skirt, sweatpants, etc.

AuntieS
Recovery Runner

I would be happy if they just brought back the One as it is no longer available and going for over $200 on eBay and Amazon.  Just proves how much people like the clip option.

ScrapjenB
Strider

There is another post (titled Fitbit One Alternatives or something) with TONS of people with similar stories. It seemed that a Fitbit spokesperson basically said SOL.

I had a ChargeHR, just upgraded to the ChargeHR2 ... but I still wear my One as well (I set up a second account for the wrist one). They are very different products. I feel the One is much more accurate (over a week, my two devices are usually separated by 20k!) There is no way I could sleep with something on my wrist, but I love my feedback from my One.

My current One is still working, but I'm dreading the day it inevitably goes out 😞

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.