Norway Food Database

Hi, is it possible you could add a Norwegian food database? That way I can record the food brands and names that I'm familiar with.

Moderator Edit: Updated title for clarity & Labels

70 Comments
Kissa18
First Steps

could you add norway to the food database?

Spoiler

sbarrak
First Steps

Hi,

I'd like to ask you to create one food database for Norwegian market. I will add food and help you out.

Thanks

Sergio

reicalc
Keeping Pace

I need a Norwegian food database. Where can I find it?

Status changed to: New
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great idea! We definitely want to support our Norwegian users. I'll be sure to relay this request to the appropriate channel for review.

Bass1
First Steps

Still no chance of a norwegian database? Just got my Fitbit Charger HR and this is a bit of a letdown.

Bass1
First Steps

No answer, but I found out I can sync it with the Lifesum app. Not perfect, but that´s a half assed solution for now. Still, when you buy an item through a norwegian well established site, coolstuff.no I took it for granted it had a norwegian food database.

Tor-Espen
First Steps

Yes, we need the barcodescanner to recognize Norwegian products to. Dealbraker 🙂

PaulOttar
First Steps

I second this idea!

Would love to have the norwegian foods!

naivsupr
First Steps

Hi Fitbit. I support this request too.

After some time it's quite annoying having to create our own food data. Although linking to MFP is an option, it mean even more apps and accounts, like we haven't enough of them already.

How hard can it be to include our Norwegian database? Our officials have already given away all the data here: http://matvaretabellen.no/?language=en

More details about the database and its use here: http://www.matportalen.no/verktoy/the_norwegian_food_composition_table/#tabs-1-1-anchor

Olve
Stepping Up

Hello!

I am a Norwegian fitbit user. Frustrated that a norwegian food database is not added.

The site http://www.matvaretabellen.no/ has a totally complete, correct and comprehensive table of all "norwegian" food types. I could add one and one manually, but it would be better if you added the whole catalogue.

Can you please download this information and add the norwegian database?

I am willing to support in any way possible to get this done.

Best regards,

Olve

Olve
Stepping Up

Also, if you could add daily vitamin and mineral goals to the dashboard, that would be great!

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
CindyFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

This is a great idea! We definitely want to support our Norwegian users. I'll be sure to relay this request to the appropriate channel for review.

Qajaujuq
Recovery Runner

Hei,

am logging my typical Norwegian food in the US database.

Not sure the US users like this, but there is no database for Norway. Guess the Norwegian users might like it though. 😉

Quick fix could be just to add an empty database, to be filled up by the users.

From the entries of the US and German database, I think that's all you did there anyhow, so it would take an hour of programming,...

Mrj92
First Steps
Im all in for å norwegian food database!
Hg332
First Steps

Hi, new FitBit Blazer user, and must say i was i bit disepointed when the food datbase is not in Norwegian.

When can a update of this be expected ? 

laffe
Recovery Runner
When will you add a Norwegian food database? It's impossible as it is today. Can't scan anything have to manually enter it all. That's until I stare.ted using myfitnesspal. But that's also not a good solution. I have to use 2 apps. I paid a lot for my Fitbit and I would expect to have a Norwegian food database.

Please make this happen.
Priz
First Steps
Please add a Norwegian Food database. Lots of Fitbit-users in Norway!
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Hello. Yes, please add a Norwegian food database. I am so tired of operating with two different systems/apps. One for food and fitbit for steps etc. Please add this database soon! I do know there is many waiting for the same even if they do not write about it here!!

Henningk
First Steps
Please add Norwegian database!
bikeforthefun
Powerwalker

A Norwegian Food database is needed. Please add it

Pebby
Jogger

Hi.
is there any possibility that you will release a norwegian or atleast a nordic foodplan anytime soon? Its very hard,or difficult to customize a plan suited for a nordic standard..the fat levels in products for sale are often less,and a lot of the brands listed in the standard are completely unknown..would really aprreciate if you could do this for us users in norway

Moderator edit: Labels

Loppe
First Steps
Missing Norwegian food database...
Kmaniland
First Steps
Really would like a Norwegian food database
SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Yes Fitbit: please add Norwegian food database!!!
PeterLacken
First Steps
I can't believe this thread started back in Jan15 and still no Norwegian food database. It exists, other apps use it inc MyFitnessPal. Pull your finger out please Fitbit.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.