Pokemon Go and Fitbit Integration

With Pokémon Go's release, it would be great to see that Fitbit, the authority in wearable fitness trackers and the app Pokémon Go which encourages its players to walk around and discover the world using their feet, join forces for a better you. Hitting your goals and catching your beloved Pokémon, is there anything else better than that? Whenever you reach your Fitbit goal, you'll get a little in-game item for Pokémon go. Pokémon related badges will also add spice to your collection of badges. You can brag it off to your friends as a sort of badge that you and Pokémon accomplished.

I think this would be a very good move for Fitbit since they have been the forerunner in the wearable fitness trackers industry and with the popularity of Pokémon Go, what better way than 2 giants in the industry joining together. Makes sense right?

Thanks for reading.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

278 Comments
ETROOPER3
First Steps
Dumb question has anyone gone to the Pokemon go site and suggested this to
them?
Follijo
First Steps

It would be great if I could use the steps on my Fitbit blaze for egg hatching and candy finding for my buddy Pokemon on Pokemon Go. Fitbit and Niantic need to talk to each other to let this happen. Don't let just let the Apple work with Niantic get in there too. 

Nebby
First Steps

I really wish this was a thing. I have such a huge love for Pokemon and it has made me active like I never thought I would be, but having to worry about my screen being on screen burning and my battery life. These things would be made so much better if we were able to just transfer our steps from Fitbit to the Pokemon Go app. Whichever way it would be possible I'd be completely okay with it.

jennalous
Jogger

come on... please lets make this work, already

oiOLLIEoi
Recovery Runner

Would love to see this happen 

lindahermans
Base Runner

This would be an excellent feature for fitbit if the steps would count to hatch pokemon eggs.  Please make this happen Fitbit ???

Naendow
Jogger

I think that we have to ask Niantic (developers of Pokemon GO) for this feature. The Fitbit API is usable for everyone, they just have to implement it.

lindahermans
Base Runner
Yes, this would be a great idea and it will attrack more people who will buy
fitbit watches just to have pokemon go fun and in the meantime get their
exercise.
Linda
Genée
Jogger

Yes please!!! Fix this now Fitbit and Pokémon 💜

lindahermans
Base Runner

It exists already for Apple Watch.  Fitbit cannot stay behind, because its reputation is at stake here !

FangerZero
First Steps

It only makes sense that FitBit try to partner with Niantic. Apple has their crappy watch, and everyone else can have their fitbit. I'm sure we'd get more votes if people even know this place existed. I'm sure people would be buying fitbits more too lol XD I'd love it just for hatching eggs. Since When I'm in a building walking around like walmart I don't get very far on the hatching because of GPS not being recognized well, or GPS drifting.

lindahermans
Base Runner
Yes, that's right, you can walk 10000 steps in your house, but the GPS
doesn't recognize this for the egg hatching. Sometimes, I need for
instance 200 meters for the hatching of an egg and then I walk around in my
garden, but to no avail. It doesn't work at all. So, if fitbit should be
integrated with Pokemon, this would be of a big help.
AshleighM94
First Steps

Yes this would be amazing!

Dgauss
First Steps

There are still many of us playing this game on a regular basis and would love to see it if even just on the blaze.  Please consider doing this. 

SeanS104
First Steps

Has anyone brought this up with Niantic? the company that developed and maintains Pokémon Go? They may have a better idea as to if this is even possible.

Goodhammer13
First Steps

Totally worth investing people! Make nerdy-fit people happy, please!

Genée
Jogger

I reached out to niantic as well. I know it takes time but this is ridiculous 

Asherman236
First Steps

This would be suchhh an amenity. I know at least 8 people who would buy fitbits if this compatibility was instated. Please, please!!! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

This is an amazing idea! Please let's get this added! 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I love it that this thread has been going a while already. Apple watch is already pokemon go compatible. Come on fitbit listen to the community! 

ChadTaylor
Jogger

Hi,

With the new Fitbit Ionic not far out this would be the most amazing thing if it is able to run Pokemon go similar to other devices that also are being used.  This alone would make me by Fitbit Ionic 😉

Thanks!

Chad.

Snofuzz
First Steps

Fitbit charge hr here. Been playing pokemon go religiously. With both I can say I have became active lost a lot of weight. If theres a way to integrate pokemon go to fit bit, I am all for it even if it is new product.

GFleming
First Steps

Please make this happen!

PikaKnight
Runner

Been waiting for this to happen. I think it would have been an awesome thing but I guess since it hasnt, it probably isn't going to.  Sad. Niantic is missing out on a huge opportunity. 

Along24
Stepping Up

This is a great idea. I would deffinetly start using my fitbit again because I'm so very addicted to pokemon go.

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.