Pokemon Go and Fitbit Integration

With Pokémon Go's release, it would be great to see that Fitbit, the authority in wearable fitness trackers and the app Pokémon Go which encourages its players to walk around and discover the world using their feet, join forces for a better you. Hitting your goals and catching your beloved Pokémon, is there anything else better than that? Whenever you reach your Fitbit goal, you'll get a little in-game item for Pokémon go. Pokémon related badges will also add spice to your collection of badges. You can brag it off to your friends as a sort of badge that you and Pokémon accomplished.

I think this would be a very good move for Fitbit since they have been the forerunner in the wearable fitness trackers industry and with the popularity of Pokémon Go, what better way than 2 giants in the industry joining together. Makes sense right?

Thanks for reading.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

278 Comments
Thexential
First Steps

Would love to see this happen.

CraigCarkeekPT
First Steps

Any news from the admin at fitbit on how to push this?? Just distance adding for eggs a buddy would be a huge step!  Pokemon go being a huge community and fitbit it seems odd they haven't collaborated yet. 

Vampiratelycan
First Steps

Fitbit actually sent me here. 

I would love this integration, just so my eggs would actually hatch at the 5KM and not at 6 or 7. lol 😄 

Simon.
First Steps

Great idea, please listen Fitbit!

makkoe
First Steps

I would love to use FitBit with Pokemon Go to hatch my eggs and receive pokémon notifications like Go Plus!

chrisbect
First Steps

Even if it's just for eggs I would love this. 

Please make this real

CDot79
First Steps

Pleeeeeeeease!

spilav23
First Steps

Can't believe it's almost been a year since Pokémon go has been out and this still hasn't happened!! Fitbit needs to launch this before summer! The phone kills the battery and the steps counter are inaccurate. The phone connection with Pokémon go will lag and freeze. Fitbit make this happen!

SpiderM4n
First Steps

Would love this so much!

EdwardsNH
First Steps

Yup... Egg hatching, and buddy walking would get me to play the game again. Just too much of a battery hog to leave the screen on all the time 

PS - It's not just Fitbit... Niantic needs to do (probably most of) the work on their end for this to happen. 

Digidestined200
First Steps

I wear my Fitbit charge 2 all the time. I work a very active job inside. Unfortunately, I'm inside for the duration, so GPS died but get me anything... My tracker registers around 20k steps in a single shift.

If one of the goals of Pokemon Go was to get people active, isn't the steps from our Fitbit trackers would definitely get people moving. I know a bunch of my coworkers play Pokemon go. They would definitely appreciate this trip if functionality. Most do not have trackers yet, but would definitely get one if the game supported the pedometer tracking as an alternate means to get distance for all of the buddies and eggs. We are still being active, just not in the great outdoors. (Mainly because we have to work and aren't able to work outside.)

kumadais
Recovery Runner

It's been almost a year, but I still think it's a great idea!

Romain2001
Recovery Runner

Nintendo is one of the most closed entreprise in the world. They wanna sell you the pokemob plus, not Fitbits...

I hope that fitbit is working on a solution with Nintendo... and I hope We'll have a feedback about it soon. 

Indigopixie
Jogger

Yes, please!!!!

Madzy
First Steps

Fitbit! Make it a thing!!

ed.jenkinson
Jogger
Somehow I don't think fitbit listen to what it's users really want and with the advent of other fitbit type tech that do integrate with apps like Pokemon go I'm  afraid they are going to loose customers, tech company's cannot be narrow minded just pushing there own system any more Personally I want one watch that does it all I'm not going to wear two my next one will do everythingCest la vie fitbit 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
MarcusM
First Steps

Why hasn't this happened yet?

ardtieboy
First Steps

Hi guys,

Any update on this yet?

I don't want to use those dirty hack workarounds. 

Greets!

ETROOPER3
First Steps

Why they gonna do that they have a fitbit like bracelet now the Pokemon gotcha 

ardtieboy
First Steps

I hope they'll still do it.

1) i like my Charge 2 a lot more then the pokémon bracelet.

2) i don't want to wear 2 bracelets

3) it's just nice to combine my daily 'healthy' progress with some nice rewards.

As this is community based and i still believe in the goodwill of devs like in this project, i hope it is still coming.

Ard

Sicaea
Powerwalker

The Gotcha is also not an officially supported product. It was created by the same people who make Action Replay. I'm pretty sure it doesn't track any sort of stats either. Its just a reverse engineered Go+. 

deathbydeath
First Steps

this needs to be a thing so get on it

deathbydeath
First Steps

look for one fitbits sales would jump up no question i bet it would double. two everyone wants this and i bet most people using models to old would get a newer version. three pokemon go could cut down on cheaters cause of all the info fitbit can track. just make this happen and enjoy the profits 

AmyLP093
First Steps

This would be perfect! I love both my Fitbit charge 2 and Pokémon go, I would love to be able to combine the two considering I can't use my phone when I'm working so for my Fitbit steps to count towards either my buddy or hatching eggs, it would make it a lot easier! 🙂 

ardtieboy
First Steps

Any update on this yet? I want to go hiking this summer and with this feature, it would make the hiking more awesome. Pls fitbit, make it happen!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.