Pokemon Go and Fitbit Integration

With Pokémon Go's release, it would be great to see that Fitbit, the authority in wearable fitness trackers and the app Pokémon Go which encourages its players to walk around and discover the world using their feet, join forces for a better you. Hitting your goals and catching your beloved Pokémon, is there anything else better than that? Whenever you reach your Fitbit goal, you'll get a little in-game item for Pokémon go. Pokémon related badges will also add spice to your collection of badges. You can brag it off to your friends as a sort of badge that you and Pokémon accomplished.

I think this would be a very good move for Fitbit since they have been the forerunner in the wearable fitness trackers industry and with the popularity of Pokémon Go, what better way than 2 giants in the industry joining together. Makes sense right?

Thanks for reading.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

278 Comments
MayoJane
Jogger

20170126_075440.jpg

So.... here's the closest I've gotten on my own. Lol. There needs to be a better way.

Emmadoodle
First Steps

Great Idea! I emailed fitbit and told them something similar to this.

Thorfy
Jogger

Fantastic Idea!

TroyFit
Jogger

I believe that if this idea were to go through... There would definitely be a massive increase in sales... Especially towards the blaze/surge fitbits because they do have a larger screen that more flexible to interact with in terms of catching pokemon, seeing stats, or just simply displaying the eggs and how many more KM/M... Geat idea! I hope it really does go through... I haven't been playing the game as much because I have been very busy, but with this... At least I can still have some sort of interaction

JasonAce8
First Steps
I sold my Fitbits and bought a Apple Watch cuz I'm not waiting for Fitbit. They're behind the times in technology. Get with 2018 or get lost. I've had a Fitbit since 2014 and I'll go back if they ever make it for Pokémon go.
oiOLLIEoi
Recovery Runner

Would be awesome if this happened 

Heather012886
Jogger

I'd love if we got pokemongo on our fitbit. I would gladly upgrade to a new device for it.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I would love to see Fitbit do something for Pokémon Go players. A notification (Blaze) for a nearby Pokéstop or Pokémon and your stepcount helping towards hatching eggs would be awesome. For example: at my work I walk alot, but on my GPS I never move... so it doesn't help me hatching eggs. 

giantpaper
Stepping Up

I love this idea! Nothing too fancy, just steps/distance tracking, at the very least.

MattyIce94
First Steps

Personally, I'm super interested in the storage/transfer idea for the compatibility. Allowing the Fitbit to track and store data on steps and distance walked and then be able to transfer that data to pokemon go would be a dream come true. It would help out a lot of people who don't necessarily have the data or battery power to leave the pokemon go app running constantly. 

Unbindingcorgi
First Steps

That would be awesome. It would be another reason for people to buy a fitbit instead of the tacky pokemon go plus 

Okken
Stepping Up
This has got my vote! I'm at a crossroads between buying another Fitbit or an Apple Watch, and Pokemon Go has me leaning towards Apple.
JasonAce8
First Steps

I bought an Apple Watch yesterday and sold both my charge hr and blaze within an hour on eBay. Pokémon go before Fitbit. Rip Fitbit user since 2014. 

ShadowRunner
Stepping Up

Would love to see Fitbit and Pokemon get together.

Supercaliey
First Steps

Please make our dreams a reality 😩

Nekoboi
Jogger

Yeah this needs to be added I just asked about this please add this just like the iwatch can do but add all it features to the blaze device please 

Nikko90
First Steps

Why is there no integration of Pokémon GO in FitBit by now?  😵😵😵

ABD3173
First Steps

This already exists for the Apple watch. I would like Fitbit to make this connection happen for Fitbit community! We can't fall behind Apple users.

CraigCarkeekPT
First Steps

This needs to happen. is there a way to push this further?

Sicaea
Powerwalker

It would be fantastic to have some sort of integration between my Blaze and Pokemon Go. Like others have already said, the Apple Watch has integration. I'm no coder, but I think that similar integration could be set up between Fitbit and Niantic for sure!

Ajokn
First Steps

Yeah for the love of all deities this is the slowest 5km ever when I walk/run 12-20 km a day lol

Swilkinson84
First Steps

Love this idea! 

WombatGT
First Steps

@Fitbit when will this happen/will this happen?

It should.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

this would be the greatest thing since sliced bread!

MKFalco
First Steps

I would love to see this happen as I run on a treadmill instead of outside. I'd love to be able to walk my Pokémon and hatch my eggs when I'm doing all of my moving...

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.