Restore detail stats graphs in the iOS Fitbit app

Please restore the detailed steps/mileage bar charts (second screen) in the app that had 15-minute increments of steps or mileage for each increment. I last used it 7/29/21 to calculate a 6-mile run. I found it useful and used it often.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
78 Comments
mlakey
Recovery Runner

Agreed, please restore this. I used it all the time and now it's gone. I really liked being able to click the colored bars in 15-minute increments to see the number of steps.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @surfguy, and thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about restoring the detail graphs in the Fitbit app with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

On the other hand, please know this has been reported to our team and you can receive further updates about this matter hereWatch this space for status updates and keep adding your suggestions!

HTamm
First Steps

Would love to see this back in, too. I like to be able to see how my speed and distance covered over time changes across the weekend. 

Scottadoodledoo
First Steps

The large white graphs which I see now when I got the 'expand'  show no additional info.  Seems Fitbit have downgraded a service here. Half of the fun of nearly passing out after a strenuous exercise used to be seeing if I'd scored a colourful peak in the app. 

Alch
Jogger

another vote to bring back the detailed step breakdown for steps and calories in the graphs. i can't imagine what reason there was to reduce functionality that already existed. unless this is now for premium only.

mlakey
Recovery Runner

I tried out the free trial of Premium this week, and the details are still not there. They're just gone! Also, I chatted with another support rep today and was basically told to keep adding votes and comments on this issue so the development team will take notice. There is another thread regarding this issue in the iOS app forum https://community.fitbit.com/t5/iOS-App/App-stopped-showing-intensity-colors-and-15-min-details-afte... so let's all keep adding votes and comments to this thread and that one, and make the Fitbit team very aware that we want this feature back!

AcNC
Jogger

Agreed - please restore this useful feature

rxj0415
First Steps

Restore the graphs to their previous state.

Please explain why you would remove useful (and meaningful) functionality. And also explain the reasoning behind why your user's input is needed to restore that functionality.

maryten
First Steps

I would like to see the graphs with the 15 minute increments for step counts come back. It seems like something useful was taken away. It is nice to know how many steps you have accumulated each hour before the message pops up on your phone and you only have 10 minutes to react to make the goal.

Trapperjohnb
Jogger

The recently removed feature of the 15 min interval graphs is the reason I originally purchased the Fitbit.  Without it the system is largely useless to me as I am no longer easily able to calculate distances of walks and runs completed.  I feel completely cheated by the way it has been removed and strongly advocate for its reinstatement.  

KirstyMac
Recovery Runner

I’ve wasted so much time trying to sort this out, thinking it was an issue at my end and now I’ve found these two threads showing that fitBit actually removed this function - it makes having the charge watch almost pointless since the intensity graphs are integral to using the watch for exercise.

my charge 2 is on the way out and if this isn’t fixed, will be looking at an alternative fitness monitor to replace it. 

Ladyhj
Recovery Runner

please bring it back, why have you removed it? my husbands app on his Android phone still has all the details, so why not on Apple phones?

Edauria
Jogger

Yes I agree! Please return this feature! I am so so sad 😞

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please restore this feature! without it the Fitbit is pretty much useless to me. Not sure why you removed it but knowing the time and intensity of my walks is super basic and important and I used it daily. Why would you dumb down your product like that. Was it intentional?

YES the loss of this feature is a real downgrade for me. I used it to calculate distance on walks. Even more importantly, it helps me make sleep totals more accurate. Fitbit often shows me as falling asleep later than I really did. This morning it said I fell asleep at 3 am. I looked at the detailed chart and it was clear I had no steps for hours before that. I had to try several different start times to get this right.

Please put this feature back. I found it valuable for years and miss it!

PeterMax
Keeping Pace

This was a step backwards for the Fitbit dashboard, like others I use this to monitor my pace

AcNC
Jogger

Please return this useful feature, and please inform your customer service personnel that this is a real issue affecting many people (I have twice been fobbed off with useless suggestions and erroneous information).  I don’t understand why I should have to ‘vote’ to bring back a feature that was one of the main attractions of the Fitbit app!

ConWil
Jogger

Really hope when they see how much people miss the feature of color coded intensity graph and step count they bring feature back. I use it on a regular basis. 

-------------------

Come on Fitbit gives us back the features you took away in your last update

SunsetRunner
Not applicable
Well said.
pgandbg
Recovery Runner

Please restore al the functionality you discontinued with recent system update. 

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

Please contribute to this topic

App stopped showing intensity colors and 15 min details after the latest iOS app update

Cayde-6
Base Runner

I have been greatly missing the functionality that used to be present as of the version of of the fitbit app as of v3.43. What we have now is more less a version of the app that I saw back in 2014 when I started with fitbit trackers. I don’t find it helpful that in order to see the absent functionality by going to the dashboard. I am a premium subscriber for what it’s worth mentioning. And the only third party app that I have that also uses what fitbit records is Noom. So I know that that has zero impact on the fitbit app on iOS. And I’ve been on/with Noom since December of 2020.

I agree with the sentiment that FitBit does not link to many apps, but I link with MyFitnessPal on which I record diet. MyFitnessPal uses FitBit data to compare calories burned with calories taken in.

Edauria
Jogger

please restore the detailed color coded graphs. ! I was told all i can do it vote on it so here I am!

Mom2Jacob
Tempo Runner

iPhone?  Thanks for contributing, I’m sure all apple people are plum out of luck.  You can try dashboard but it’s not as easy to use as the original on app and miles are not at all like original.

this is a google thing!  Do they really want to alienate all apple users?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.