Section to manually log an track glucose levels

Please bring a section on the Dashboard where the user can log and monitor blood pressure readings.

Moderator Edit: Formatting and clarified subject

547 Comments
pete-f
First Steps

Be good to have blood pressure on the dash with a more realistic scale to better monitor minor changes 

burinsj
First Steps

Please add to the iPhone 4 mobile app the ability to log blood pressure & heart rate the way the weight is logged.

jghayes
Recovery Runner

Why do you track things like BP and Heart Rate and not offer a dashboard tile for them?  It just makes sense to offer this as an option.

Pappabetalar
First Steps

Hello!

I need to measure my blood pressure twice a day for medical reasons. I use a spreadsheet for this, but would prefer to collect the data in my fitbit log so that I could keep everything in one place.

This is the data I get out from the log:

FitBit Blood Pressure log dataFitBit Blood Pressure log data

I find this to be absolutely useless. My issues are:

1. The graph is too small to be of use, its practically impossible for me too see what the individual measurements are, and how much they are elevated. I would much prefer to have a similar sized data as in the Weight-log

2. The first data I entered was on Sun 31st of Aug when I got my fitbit, but the graph plots some assumed data from almost a month earlier. This is just confusing, and I can't really show this to my doctor as she wouldn't know that the data is some random information entered by the FitBit system. Please don't enter assumed historical data for us.

3. When entering the blood pressure there is an option to set the time. This is time consuming, so I skip that. Could you rather have a check box so that we could use the current system time, as I assume others also are entering the data just after they measured their blood pressure. This would allow us to keep the time data with as little hassle as possible. (For me it would be OK to always just use the current time, maybe one could change it manually if needed)

Suggestion for applying timeSuggestion for applying time

4. Most Blood pressure meters also measure the pulse. Right now FitBit has this the pulse measurement on a separate page. Please allow us to enter the resting pulse on this page too, I'm far too lazy to load the other page to enter my pulse but I would be interested to see how my pulse has changed.

(5. It would be nice to allow us to put the blood pressure on our Dashboard for easy access, I understand most probably don't use this feature regularly but those that do could have it visible).

Sorry if I seem a bit annoyed at how you designed the blood pressure page. I've worked for years in Quality Assurance and I would never have OK'd this component as I don't think its user friendly at all and the data it provides is close to useless.

Moderator edit: Labels 

AlanW2
Stepping Up

Your comments make a lot of sense ...  I need to be able to produce a report for my doc and I would like the sync app to be expanded to support automatic collection of readings from some of the more common bp devices.   A number of them have bluetooth support.

No doubt the competitiveness of the wearables market will lead to come sort of standard over the next year ot two, but unfortunately it is likely that the new apple watch will hinder this.

stevnim
First Steps

Yes please

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

We very much appreciate your feedback! We'll pass it along to our team. 

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Great feedback! Thank you!

Draca
Runner

I totally agree that the blood pressure and heartrate input can be located on the same page.. in fact i don't see why they are two different tabs???

i mean weight and body measurements are on the same page.. so why can't blood pressue and heartrate be paired together?

SoftballJunkie
First Steps

I've been tracking my BP over the past couple of months, but I have to use a separate application. I want to be able to view a holistic approach of diet, exercise and health changes.  It would be a great tool to use for discussions with my doctor.

cherishedwun
First Steps

I just want to be able to LOG my morning blood pressure readings in to the APP manually-not have to get online to do it.

mfb2014
First Steps

I agree.  It would be really helpful to not have to go to the website in order to enter BP and Glucose values.  I would also like to view them

ekivemark
Jogger

I transcribe my Blood pressure readings from the Qardio app to Fitbit. Sometimes I don't do that immediately. Then I have to go in to the Fitbit Log and enter past readings. 

It would be really useful if the Log page showed the data (and time) of the last reading recorded, together with the recorded values.

Other than the Weight log it is not easy to work out when you made the last entry. Selecting the last date in the input form doesn't bring up the values from that date either.

bjRed
Premium User
Jogger
Having just spent $100 for a Flex & finding out blood pressure tracking is not available to me is a huge disappointment! PLEASE bring it back!!
DirkSonguer
First Steps

Hi Fitbit team,

The goal is to use my Withings blood pressure monitor and stream it's data into my Fitbit account. While Whithings offers the blood pressure data to be used within IFTTT (If This Than That, see https://ifttt.com) as trigger, the Fitbit IFTTT action channel does only support weight logging.

I would like to propose to add more input triggers that are currently not available, especially blood pressure data, as this is not available / trackable by any (current) Fitbit hardware.

Thank you for your consideration!

Cheers,

Dirk

UTMatt
Jogger

This would be a easy add fitbit as you already pull from withings.... PLEASE add this... would make life a lot easier.

willyhubba
First Steps

Please add it for the Android App as well.

willyhubba
First Steps

I would like to see the same logging options in the App that are in the "Log" section on the webpage.  Most of the time I am doing BP and Glucose checks I have my phone with me but my computer is off.  Thanks!

hmfc
Recovery Runner

Even incorporation/integration of other health providers, just like you've synced up with Walgreen's etc., Why not integrate with Higi and the like, from a business statement, I believe that it would make your application even more beneficial to your end users as well as promoting another health application, higi.  Could even help prop up Higi as I don't see a ton of local usage, may be an opportunity for Fitbit...

jreineke
Recovery Runner

Why was the BP sync action taken away as of September 2014?  I was told to come here and request the re implementation of a feature that is available to some customers, and not to others.  I purchased a wireless BP cuff from a 3rd party vendor under the assumption it could be synced with Fitbit via IFTTT.  I've been a customer for a good deal longer that September 2014, and would like that function restored.

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

jreineke
Recovery Runner

There was an action to sync BP in the Fitbit channel that was pulled for customers that activated the IFTTT channel after September 2014.  I recieved a Withings BP cuff as well with the assumption that this could be done, having seen recipes for this - you can still Google them - but since the action has dissapeared, the recipes come up as missing in the IFTTT website.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=fitbit%20ifttt%20blood%...

A better option would be syncing from the Withings connection as it can pull weight data from Withings. Fitbit already has a scale, why would they pull data for a category they compete it but not for a BP cuff, which they don't offer.  

LFRAN119
First Steps

I got a new device and had to create a new account.  I wanted the new account to be where I kept my journal entries and BP...but now it's gone!  What a huge disappointment!  I have been using those tabs every day!  The one account that they are on is an account I don't want to have to log into everyday, as it's for a wellness club at work.  UGG..  PLEASE Bring them back.   

Moderator Edit: Added Labels

LukeMullen
Recovery Runner

Mega Dittos ... bought a Withings BP cuff for the wife. We already each have a fitbit FLEX wristband and a fitbit ARIA scale. Trying to get the Withings BP cuff synched to Fitbit Account but everything I read online about IFTTT pipeline several months ago no longer works. Will have to harsh on Fitbit on the Amazon forum because: (1) Fitbit fails to offer a BP cuff, (2) Fitbit refuses to offer a channel/API/widget to port in BP and Pulse.

Please spare me the manual entry cutesy reply ... Duh. That is not the point. This is 2015, not 1994.

soloman
First Steps

I use a wireless blood pressure monitor I would like to see a tile tracking this added 

BarryB2
First Steps

Same here... Withings has a great wireless blood pressure cuff but I hate logging into their website and the Fitbit website to view all my data.  Since Fitbit already pulls weight data from my Withings scale, pulling my blood pressure readings seems like an easy addition.  Thanks!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.