Support International Date Formats

It's 2018. Simply put, new devices and applications which don't take into account the needs of the world community in terms of a very basic date display should not exist. It's not that hard.

I can understand that the majority of folks in the USA don't really care about the way the rest of the world uses dates. And it would therefore be exceedingly difficult to drum up enough support via a "popular vote". But, it's just common courtesy.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

192 Comments
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

It would be great to have a UK version of the day/month on the chronograph clock face. At the moment it is in the US format. Cheers.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

A thousand times yes to this please. It's really quite irritating using month/date format if you aren't used to it.

Osmium
First Steps

Well, there you go. Having got cheezed off because the date on my ionic wouldn't display in DD/MM format... I just looked and lo and behold, now it does. So feel free to ignore or ridicule my original post... sigh... i can take it.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
DavideFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, nice suggestion , it could be useful for many users. Thanks for sharing the idea, we look forward to hearing what other community members think.  

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Well said.

I know it can be clock face dependant, but the new "today" swipe up on os2 on the ionic shows Mar 20. I thought it's not 2020!

Attention to detail would be nice.

gfxfr
Stepping Up

Hello

One thing I miss a lot is a full support for date/time localization.

I would like to have something like 

mydate.format("DD dd MMMM yyyy")
and/or mydate.todayString()

that will produce in English something like : Wed. 28th March 2018

Or in french : Mer. 28 Mars 2018

etc...

Moderator Edition Labels. 

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @gfxfr. We look forward to hearing what other community members think. 

Speedbird182
First Steps

I really like the chronograph watchface, but all day I’ve been looking at the date and reading it as 4th June instead of 6th April. You allow the setting of formats within the app, so why is the blaze unable to use those settings. There is a large user base outside of the US who would prefer to use a different date format. 

Aeneades
Recovery Runner

I am finding this is an issue on some of the Clockfaces where they only display the day of the month but not the month itself.

For example, I am using Slant on the Versa which for the date should display the day of the month (17) but instead displays the month (4) due to living in the UK and not using the american date format.  This means that for the entire month the date will display as 4.

mikestreety
First Steps

This would be ace!

Xuquelina
Jogger

I have had two fitbits now. My charge 2 HR automatically chose the UK date format for me. However, since having my Versa I have not only noticed the unit issue (which I have already voted for.). But I cannot change my date format. I work in a job where I need to write the date and time in a rush and it can be confusing. I like the Fitbit watch face I use as it feels my needs. I don’t want to change it for the sake of a simple fix! 

Moderator Edition: Updated title for clarity and labels

AlexandraFitbit
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Nice suggestion, thanks for sharing @Xuquelina! We look forward to hearing what other community members think.

peter11244
Stepping Up

I would also like a dd/mm version of the Chronograph clock face

Carl3
First Steps

Blaze - Yes please, this is a fundamental thing in this day an age. DD/MM option essential.

MegaComrade
First Steps

Its kind of crazy that MM/DD is hardcoded into fitbit when only the United States uses that format. It seems like a huge oversight.

SarahKite
Stepping Up

This is a no brainer really. Many regions of the world use other date formats, and it would make the user experience much more pleasant. 

hazchem
First Steps

Yes please. Fitbit sells products outside of North America. Please let us use the date format we're used to in the rest of the world. 

jaypeagi
Stepping Up

DD/MM format would make the Fitbit mcuh better for international users!

Correct 24hr time would also be appreciated (it should be 07:30, not 7:30 for 7:30am)

Sue-in-uk
Recovery Runner

I’ve just bought a Fitbit Versa and have noticed that the date format is mm/dd which is not the UK date format even though the settings are for the UK. Please can you include the ability to make this change in a future update?

QuantumBoy
First Steps

Really agree with this! Just got my first Fitbit (Charge 3) and like it in general, but the lack of customisation for watch faces and the date being in the wrong format is really frustrating. Looking forward to some new faces and options. 

Laura3284
First Steps

Please, please add option for dd/mm/yy format. This would be extremely helpful!!!

MJCEDI
First Steps

I agree. I'm a new fitbit user with a Charge 3 and find the current US only date style mildly annoying. I was surprised that I was able to change to a 24 hour clock (commonly used in the UK and Europe) but couldn't adjust to a UK/EU date format. I hope this will be added soon. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I can’t vote for this enough. There are other countries besides the US. It’s very short sighted to think that everybody uses the same date format. Whenever I see MAR 18 I think “March, 2018”.

Just like I went hunting to find out how to get 24-hour time format, this is as important.

beri
Recovery Runner

Please consider updating the inspire clock face selections to include one with international date format.  I have only had my inspire a few days and it's driving me absolutely crazy as my Charge2HR did give me this.

fitty_boom_boom
First Steps

I'd prefer to see date format DD:MM rather than MM:DD on my Inspire HR clock face (UK user). Would be good if this set itself automatically according to user location. Thanks!

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.