Third-party App push notifications on Fitbit screen for All

I and many others have liked, posted, complained and begged Fitbit to allow/enable notifications.  This is a request to Fitbit to enable, at the choosing of the user of the Fitbit tracker (Charge, Charge HR, Alta, Charge 2, & Surge) to have what ever app notifications they want for both iPhone and Android devices display on the Fitbit tracker screen.  This idea suggestion eliminates the need for individual idea suggestions for types of phones or apps that people want to get notifications for, we want the choice to select which ones (like third-party apps such as BitTicker have done for us in the past).  I own a Charge HR, but I want this for all Fitbit trackers, not just mine.  Please give this a thumbs up and post comments on your agreement with this. (And yes, we all know you want Whatsapp part of these choices, don't complain about those of us that still use SMS).  It's about CHOICE of apps, not just Whatsapp.

A recent 10-08-2016 moderator (AndrewFitbit) post on the 'More Notifications' suggestion is what inspired me to do this as it suggests we divide up and make suggestions on each app feature and each device and each tracker.  That is counterproductive.  We need to unite!

Moderator edit: labels

359 Comments
SM10
Jogger
Couldn’t agree more!
One of the things I love about iPhone is the new releases of iOS. Don’t see any reason it will not happen with Fitbit.

Sent from my iPhone
SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Yep, unlikely that Fitbit will ever change this. It's a marketing move to try and sway those who want full notifications to the Blaze or the Ionic. Honestly, even if this did support full notifications, it takes forever to actually scroll a message across across the Charge 2... not a great experience.

Svenni27
First Steps
At the end they will be one of the companies complaining about why it didn‘t work even that it started that well.

And they will complain about the bad chinese.

With the next m I band they are dead.

But thats how it works, if you do not care about your customers you are gone.

Market works

Cheers Sven

Von meinem iPhone gesendet
Status changed to: Not currently planned
LizFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi everyone, thanks for sharing this suggestion. This has been implemented on our newest product, Fitbit Ionic as well as Fitbit Blaze. You can learn more about which devices have which notifications here on our help site. There are not currently plans to release this feature across other prior devices. You can learn more about how Fitbit decides what suggestions get released here in our FAQs. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us and we will let you know if anything changes.

Mwirtjes
First Steps

I agree!

original_jonx90
Recovery Runner

Just got my FitBit Charge 2! Seems like the right activity tracker, that doesn't want all the features that the Apple Watch provides. Would be very useful (and helpful) if email notifications were added. Why they weren't it added is somewhat illogical, since call, text and calendar events are added notifications. 

WilsonN
First Steps

I agree!!

Jonicole
Jogger

Yes please! I just got my Fitbit after having a Garmin vibosmart. I didn't even look to see that the Fitbit didn't alert me about Snapchat, Facebook and tons of other apps my old activity tracker did. Really bummed 

nksparrow
First Steps

Completely agree!

rseahorse14
First Steps

Can the settings be changed to enable notifications from more than one messaging app? When both texting and Facebook Messenger are possible choices, I don't see why we should have to choose just one – different people use different apps to contact me based on a variety of factors. Had I known that I wouldn't be able to enable notifications from more than one source, I likely would have chosen a device from a different company, and I think this could be a sticking point for a lot of other people too.

Lvandriest
First Steps

Please integrate to allow notifications for slack

Josiahbronk
Jogger

I agree!

MattBaz
First Steps

Hello, sorry for my english but I can't talk very well in english. So i think that suggestion is so useful, why in chat notifications can I choose ONLY 1 app, I think is utility if I can choose 2 or more apps.

Thanks for the attention and sorry again for my english.

Good day

Everit
First Steps

I agree, we need Snapchat notifications for all devices. Cheaper Chinese knockoffs even support multiple app notifications!

Hherbert611
First Steps

I agree!!

MikennaF
First Steps

I completely agree. I just got my Fitbit blaze for Christmas and I’m totally bummed that I can’t get my Snapchat notifications. It’s such a popular app that I’m surprised Fitbit doesn’t sync to it yet. Please Fitbit make this happen! 

lnr2882
First Steps

It seems like this would be standard on any smart notification device.

HealthyMan415
First Steps

This needs to happen! More people would definitely use this. 

Seth_in_PDX
First Steps

Add me to the people who'd love this feature. I just got a Charge 2 to replace my original Pebble and while I appreciate text and call notifications, what I really need is email (and possibly Facebook Messenger). The absence of that feature is causing me to second-guess my purchase, which I'm otherwise happy with.

Thanks!

prvndai
Jogger

This is the single most important feature missing on Charge 2. Once we have it, I will share few more minor add-on suggestions that would make Fitbit product on the top of the league. 

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Please add the option to add all social media notifications especially Snapchat. Just got a Charge 2 from Garmin, and my Garmin got notifications for all my social media.

CaterhamKid
Recovery Runner

Email notifications would be great! I don't need to read the email on the Charge 2, just get a notification that I have received an email.

Also notifications from other Apps on my phone would be good, such as WhatsApp. Again I don't need to read it on the Charge 2, just get a notification.

TigerSe7en
First Steps

I was given a fitbit charge 2 for christmas and everyone I know mainly uses Whatsapp - typical that this isn't supported by the fitbit App.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE MAKE THIS AVAILABLE otherwise I'll just have to buy another device that does support it

Martens
Jogger

Please make whatsapp notifications for IOS available for the charge 2.

It is the only thing I really miss!

Russbh
First Steps

would be good to be notified of sms, whatsapp and facebook messenger or any combination of message apps not just the one messaging app surely this must be possible?

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.