Waterproof trackers

I'm looking for a completely waterproof tracker with all of the features (sleep, heart rate, steps, stairs, miles, calories, reminder to move, phone alerts, clock with date, etc) all in one. When??  Please make this your next release!!!!!

1,001 Comments
LisaS2305
First Steps
I have fitbit one and regularly take it swimming so I can add my laps to the device. Taking it swimming started by accident one time when I forgot to take it off my suit when I walked to the pool. It still worked afterwards so I tried again.. Hasn't quit on me yet. I don't dive down so no pressure increase and I dry it well after the swim. It seems to add the distance I swim with reasonable accuracy
LisaS2305
First Steps
(I posted this in another stream also) I have fitbit one and regularly take it swimming so I can add my laps to the device. Taking it swimming started by accident one time when I forgot to take it off my suit when I walked to the pool. It still worked afterwards so I tried again.. Hasn't quit on me yet. I don't dive down so no pressure increase and I dry it well after the swim. It seems to add the distance I swim with reasonable accuracy
Kevalicious99
Tempo Runner

For the person above .. the Flex is waterproof. But the Force and others are not.

ccromwell
Jogger

waterproofing of the ONE would be very helpful when doing workouts in the pool for therapy, as that is the easiest for movement and flexability.  ccromwell

donali
Stepping Up

Okay, this is not a "feature" request, but there were no other categories available.  Since FitBit seems to have the best app out there, I think you would really hit a home run by creating a WATERPROOF watch that does everything the FitBit One does, plus display the time 24x7 (with an on-demand back light).  This magical device should be able to withstand several hours of immersion in water (fresh and salt) of 30 feet or less at a minimum.

There are so many waterproof watches out there that do so many things - even ones with pedometers!  But not really the whole package that a FitBit One married to a waterproof watch would provide.  Honestly, the display on the FitBit One is such a waste - wearing it clipped inside my clothing I never see it.  The vibrating alarm is my favorite feature, and the sleep tracking.  The fact that it syncs to my phone and I have all that other data available is completely awesome.  As soon as you develop this device I will be buying it.

Donali

MrsMozart
Base Runner
Glad I read this as for some reason I thought the Flex was waterproof! It does seem odd that Fitbit hadn't yet come out with an all singing and all dancing product.
damienwool
First Steps

My fitbit one has done the salt water pool, beach and washing machine time and time again, I believe it was in the dryer too and still goes strong.

I would like to sleep track but the wrist band is annoying and falls off plus its big.

FITBIT need to look at the new flyfit which is an ankle trcker and does swimming, ccylcing, cadence an much much more - if they could do a fitbit one with a force kind of thing I reckon it would be a winner, good screen and options, bluetooth wear everywhere except when charging

@C_at_LRock5 wrote:

Hey Fitbit why don't you create a fitbit that is waterproof and can measure swimming laps. That would be the great. I know the technology is out there other companies are doing it. So it would be fantastic if fitbit users had this technology to monitor even more activities. I

Kevn
First Steps
It would be ideal if the flex could be water proofed as swimming is a big part of mine and a lot of people I know. Ro
KimAndo
First Steps

I agree. I'd really love to be able to use my fitbit with my swimming so it can be counted as active minutes, not just by logging the activity later.

Heidi_Kohne
Runner

Or at least create a waterproof container to strap onto the wrist/arm/leg.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
RickyFitbit
Cross-Country Runner

Kostas
Recovery Runner

A water proof strap or capsule for the flex tracker would be a nice idea, so that flex can be used when swimming. 

Status changed to: New
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

We very much appreciate the feedback! For updates on our next-generation tracker, sign up here

donali
Stepping Up

I signed up for the udpates on your next-generation tracker.  In my search for the ultimate pedometer, I have one more thing you should add to your fitbit offering that would blow the compentition out of the water.  Still searching for help to get and stay motivated, I purchased a Striiv Smart - this is the standalone Striiv that has its own touchscreen.  Striiv integrates your movement into a game called "My Land", which is very much like Farmville.  There are coins to buy things, and energy points from your movement makes them grow.  In addition, it provides three levels of challenges on demand that reward you for completion.  This little device has completely made all the difference in getting me to walk more.  While I wouldn't call the game itself "fun", the graphics are beautiful and enchanting, and the bird noises and character/animal interaction are charming.  Knowing I'll get energy points towards growing or building for just 50 more steps makes taking 50 more steps a no brainer.  Unfortunately their device that pairs with your smart phone is a completely waste of money if you're on Android, and the stand alone app for Android is such a battery hog that I uninstalled.  BUT - if the magical "waterproof watch fitbit" incorporated some sort of game and points as well, with little challenges you could pick and choose from for rewards, I think nothing else in the market could touch you.  I am currently wearing four pedometers - my phone, a waterproof Orbitz, the Striiv Smart, and my FitBit, now conveniently on my wrist thanks to the spare wristband that came with the Orbitz, which conveniently fits the FitBit perfectly.  I would still love to consolidate down to just my FitBit and my phone.  Until the magical new FitBit device is released, I'm getting a little more exercize with the additional grams of gear.  lol

Kostas
Recovery Runner

Thank you for your response.

I had however to replace my tracker after 5-6 sesions of surface sea-swimming as one charging suddenttly started to last only 8-10 hours after that.. I assumed that it was due to limited water-proofing.. I will test it again next summer hopefully succesfully.. Smiley Happy

Any other from the fitbit community who experienced the same? 

Status changed to: New
AmritaFitbit
Premium User
Progression Runner

Thanks for this feedback! For updates on our next-gen tracker and its features, sign up here (if you haven't done so yet). 

jrfit
Jogger

I was really dissapointed to read that the Surge cannot be worn in the shower, pool, etc.  Can this be remedied?  If not, can it be incorporated in the next model for Surge?  As it is, I'm thinking I'll probably stick with my flex simply because of the convenience of not having to take it off when I swim, shower, do dishes, etc.  

saxyrunner
Jogger

I have been a loyal Flex user for over a year now, and I would be first in line to get the Charge or Charge HR if they were as water resistant as the Flex.  I need to be able to at least wear it in the shower, and a lot of us swim as our exercise, so being able to take it into a shallow pool is critical.

I hope you will work on this so it can be worn all the time like the Flex.  A lot of us will forget to take it off before a shower and/or will forget to put it back on afterwards.  PLEASE MAKE IT WATER RESISTANT!

_Michele_
Stepping Up

I am terribly forgetful, and often forget to transfer my one from one article of clothing to another. That means that I go whole days without tracking my activity. I've been wanting to buy a wrist-worn fitbit that I can keep on even while showering, but as for me that will mean not wearing a watch, I need it to have a display, since I don't always have my phone or other clock handy to check the time. That's why I didn't buy the Flex, and by the time I was going to buy a Force, I was scared off by all the people who had allergic reactions to it.

When the Charge was announced, I was very excited and ready to preorder the ChargeHR - until I read that it was not waterproof. While I could understand if that was the case because of the HR, even the Charge is not waterproof. So many people have been asking for waterproof  trackers, I don't know why this was omitted again on the new devices.

_Michele_
Stepping Up

Actually, what I would really love would be a fitbit that can be used in wristbands as well as anklebands. That way I could still wear it on my ankle most of the time, allowing me to use a regular watch, and on my wrist if I'm wearing boots.

Rich_Laue
Community Legend

You willl be giving up stair count, which requires monitoring the air pressure.

saxyrunner
Jogger
Well, the stair count is totally unnecessary in my book, since I'm accustom to the Flex, which doesn't have that feature. I just know I'd wear it in the shower every time... But thank you for the note - now I know why it is so.

Kelly
klake2
First Steps

i would like to see a rugged watch style fitbit with a rating of 15 ATM for use in adventure sports (i.e.- whitewater, climbing, etc.) or diving. it needs to be able to take a reasonable impact (like bouncing off of rocks as you go down the river, rock climbing, bike wrecks, or other possible wipeout scenarios) and have a maximum water resistance rating (just in case). idealy it would do everything that the other watch styles can do, or as much as you can fit into a watch, and maybe even have a seperate model that doubles as a dive watch.  if you make it, i will be first in line to buy it.

Edit---- I feel like i didnt describe this idea very well, so let me highlight the important parts. RUGGED< WATER RATING OF 15ATM for DEEP WATER USE<A BETTER WATCH BAND TO HOLD IT ON IT EXTREME CONDITIONS. The current models do not work for me or anyone i know who would use them. i have not used my fitbit in a couple of years because of this. if you build this, i will come back to the fitbit community, but it has to have all 3 of the above points. thx

Moderator edit: added labels

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I have been a Flex User for more than two years.

I love the fact you put it on and forget it! Sauna, Pool, Shower no Problems.

I Got the Charge from my wife for Christmas. I was told in the Fitbit chat not to wear it in the shower! according to the website it is bis 10meter waterproof.

What is the deal?

If this is not Water tight, you will lose alot of customers (me included).

I normal hot shower should not damage the Tracker, or can it?

Please bring some light in this and if it is not water tight, please fix and change out! 

As a triathlon freind, I think this is not the place to save money and resourcen

Tim 

animalmommy
Recovery Runner

I think there needs to be a waterproof case/strap for the flex that would allow it to still accurately track movements. Some of us can only swim for exercise and it would be nice to be able to use my flex and still have it accurately track my and others work outs. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.