Waterproof trackers

I'm looking for a completely waterproof tracker with all of the features (sleep, heart rate, steps, stairs, miles, calories, reminder to move, phone alerts, clock with date, etc) all in one. When??  Please make this your next release!!!!!

1,001 Comments
Michael
5K Racer

The Flex can be used while swimming, not that it will track activity accurately. So I'm not sure exactly what you are asking for. (None of the other Fitbit trackers can be worn while swimming.)

animalmommy
Recovery Runner

Water resistant doesn't make it water proof, hence the idea of a case/band that would be waterproof so it could be worn in water without issues. From what I have read people who have tried wearing them while swimming because they are water resistant have afterwards had issues with their flex. If there was a case/band that was water proof that could be worn on the wrist while swimming while it wont count a step as a step but it will still count a stroke as a step and as active exercise minutes. I'm not sure how much clearer I can be in asking for a waterproof case/band other than say a waterproof band/case so that those of us who swim can still wear it and have it at least somewhat track what we are doing even if its not 100% accurate, its still better than nothing and I would suggest it be for more than just the flex but for all of them.

Stephen_heesack
First Steps
Would like a model that can survive the training regime for a half ironman. All models appear sketchy for 30 minutes to hour of laps in a pool
joannrist
First Steps
Need sleeve or pouch...I do water aerobics...
UKFanRN
Jogger

Making the Charge, Charge HR, and Surge waterproof would expand the functionality of the products.  It makes no sense that the water resistant ratings under the specifications are not accurate according to your customer service. A rating of 5 atm or 50 meters means to everyother product that it is submersible to 50 meters which is sutible for swimming.  I think it is a huge inconvinence as well as a terrible theft risk to have to take of your expensive product everytime you need to shower after a workout or when choosing swimming or water aerobics as an exercise choice.

Moderator edit: Edited title for clarity.

z_girl
Stepping Up

I would like to see an option to use my android to scan the barcodes. I am currently using the Loseit app. to log my foods.I am able to use my android to scan all of the products  I use. This does make it go quicker.

MelMag
First Steps

There seem to be a number of responses to waterproof requests indicating that the Flex is water-resistant to 10m.  The key here is water RESISTANT, not waterproof.

That may be true, but they are not designed to be submerged for any length of time.  As such, you cannot wear them while swimming.  

As a swimmer, I would like to track those workouts.  The fitbit measures steps, but shouldn't it also measure the number of strokes I take if I wear it on my wrist?  Shouldn't it measure the intensity of my swim workout?

There is a company (Underwater Audio) that will waterproof an iPod Shuffle so it can be used while swimming.  Is that an option for the Fitbit Flex tracker??

Baltoscott
10K Racer
I would like a waterproof wristbased fitbit of some type but i am not sure it would work with the Surge and Charge models because they have altimeters which work based on changes in air pressure.
Nessy72
First Steps
I was under the impression that the charge and surge would be waterproof enough for swimming. I love my fitbit one and you customer service is fantastic but I have gone to a garmin device for summer due to it being waterproof.<br><br>Please bring out a watch style waterproof device do I can go back to my fitbit!
emmalou2
Jogger
I would also love a water proof watch type! Heart rate monitor is a requirement for swimming! Lap counters would be great too!
ellesmith
Jogger

My fitness center is full of women over 50 and we are all in the pool aerobics and water therapies and we really need the waterproof functionality from our trackers, especially the HR equipped ones. I added my comment here and voted - I love FitBit - wear my ONE day and night With my Aria scale, it is helping.

ladybug_3777
Jogger
Waterproof would be great! I'd love to track my swimming activities as well.
JSy
Stepping Up

It would be interesting if an aftermarket cover/wrap could be designed to make the Charge/Charge HR more water resistant with the understanding that stair count is suspended during the use of the cover.  However, the user would have to be willing to take the risk that they didn't install it correctly and end up with a water damaged fitbit.

JenFuntalk
First Steps
I have been doing PT in the pool for over a year now. Hair rarly get wet so I have found a way to securely attach Fitbit to hair accessory. Will it still work property as I walk in pool? Also do a step up and down. Perhaps we could make a waterproof hair accessory?
Greg7896
First Steps

The Charge is a pretty expensive item to not be waterproof and is a game breaker for many that want to track swimming, run triathlons, take a shower, or wash the dishes without worrying about it. If Timex can make a $20 waterproof watch, the $100 plus Fitbit products should certainly be waterproof as well.

IHD
Stepping Up

Agree, at the minimum they should be OK for daily 24/7 use as advertised, ie washing hands, taking a shower, etc so one does not have to worry about those situations.

vicphotos
Stepping Up

I too, would love to have a fitbit that would track my swimming and water aerobics. I have the Ultra about 3 yrs. and wear it all the time - love checking my steps and my sleep, etc.

Would be very happy to upgrade for tracking water activities.

tribetime0917
First Steps

I would like to see a series for swimming, but with everything you have one them now. It would be nice if it could count stroke count, identifed what stroke you are swimming and, time and pace along with distance in the pool,  pretty much adding the garmin swim into the fitbit . I am a competitive swimming and I love the fitbit for my running and everyday tracking, but would  like to see it also fit for swimmers! Thanks for listening,m hope this comes into play!

SuperBad
Strider

I would like for Fitbit to utilize wireless charging for all their product lines. 

JoanneMS
First Steps

Are you in the near future planning to release a waterproof wristband that can be used to record data when swimming?

H2OGirl
First Steps

There seems to be a lack of product choices in the market place that track a bodies activity in and under water. I am certain tri-athletes would be interested and certainly SCUBA divers (both recreational and technical) would have a keen interest. Let's not forget about water Zumba fans. Thank you, H2O Girl

RSlom
First Steps

I do water walking and would like to see a waterproof fitbit so I don't lose track of my steps.  Not sure how the water resistance would work or how accurate it would be, but it would be worth a shot.

cerd
Jogger

I was disappointed that it's not waterproof like my flex was.  Now I have to take in on and off when I shower and my wife can't use hers when she swims.

Status changed to: New
DerrickS
Premium User
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi everyone, thank you so much for posting on the feature request board. Please note that the Charge, Charge HR, and Surge all utilize an altimeter, which requires a very tiny hole on the tracker, to measures changes in atmospheric pressure used to calculate floors climbed. In order to avoid water-logging, we do not recommend swimming or showering with our trackers.

The Surge is water resistant to 5 ATM and the Charge HR 1ATM, which means the trackers can be submerged and will still work when removed from water. However, this does not mean the trackers can withstand the force associated with swimming strokes.

Jbear
First Steps
I have been a Flex user for about 2 years years now and love it. I got tired of waiting for a waterproof tracker and bought a Mio Alpha 2 recently for the watch function and super accurate heart rate monitor (even while doing laps-I swim at least a mile a day and would like to catch this data in my fit it app). If fitbit were able incorporate the watch function along with a better HR monitor, I would gladly pay a premium over the Surge for the convenience of not wearing 2 bands (only one of which has to be taken off in the pool and shower). I lived through "bangles" in the 80's I see no reason that should need to again in 2015.
To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.