Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps doesn't connect on Sense 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have set up Google Maps from the Fitbit app, checked the boxes for auto start, installed the app on the watch and when I start navigating, it does not start in the watch app. When I manually open the watch app, it says "not navigating," even though I am.

Anyone else know how to get around this issue?

(Yes, I checked all the troubleshooting about updates and everything...)

Best Answer
134 REPLIES 134
Something I have noticed tonight (not sure if it helps) BUT, since when I
tried to use the Google Maps app on my Sense2, it has stopped syncing EDA
"relax" data and ECG data...BT synch is working fine (except for EDA and
ECG)

Anybody else have observed this?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Can't find google maps app on fitbit app. Contacted the customer support several times and no solution yet.

Best Answer

Nobody can.

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue and support have offered no help at all, just keep texting me the instructions for how to use the app, but it's not on my device

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit, I appreciate your efforts and do not at all envy you your position, but I would hope that we could at least get an acknowledgement that this is an issue that is being worked on or addressed. Saying it's been passed on is the absolute bare minimum communication, and communication on these issues has been completely unacceptable so far.

This is marketed as FitBit's *Premium Smartwatch", and we're being treated like the unwanted stepchild here.

At least someone could communicate what the company's intentions are. Not saying anything is speaking volumes at this point.

Best Answer

Yeah. After several canned replies on how to use an app that doesn't exist on my watch, my customer service agent finally came up with a river metaphor to describe the unevenness of software updates...

A good effort by an individual, but not great communication from the company. Even if they modified their help articles to note that SOME Android users might not have it yet but they're working on it would really helpful. Otherwise it's just confusing and had sucked up way too much of my time trying to figure out what's going on.

Best Answer

@Chrisfertina oh, and didn't he mention that some users already had it (I still have the Maps app on my watch but can't even uninstall it because it's not listed in the Fitbit app anymore 🙂 ) and it was taken away? 🙂 Customer support has no idea what is going on. They just follow the script and make things up when a customer is too stubborn to go away.

Best Answer

A very simple question if Google can provide Google Maps on Wear OS which can't Fitbit provide Google Maps on the Sense 2?

Google are actually advertising untethered Google Maps on Wear OS! Is this the case of Fitbit being held back by Google?

Best Answer

Phone Pixel 7 Pro, OS Android 13, App version  3.72 (37268001)

Best Answer

I agree so disappointed and it kinda dose tick me off that we aren't getting anything 

Best Answer

@LizzyFitbit 

Sure am glad there are moderators around that think they know what I'm asking more than me.  Especially without even communicating to see if their assumption is correct be fore being "clarified"  and/or merged.  First a title change then a merge to an "answered" question that didn't actually address the question I asked.

If anything I guess this experience reenforces my decision to return my watch.  Keep up the outstanding work.

Best Answer

It may not help at all, but I'll be reporting this moderator and all of the canned responses and fake "solved" tags every time they pull this. Unacceptable on every level.

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit - is there an update on the Google Maps functionality please ... its been another week since your last post??

Thanks

Best Answer

Had a strange one today folks, I went into Fitbit app today and Google Maps was available, download it and gave it all the permissions it needed. 

I went to try test it out and wasn't working , so deleted it to redownload and now I cannot find it anywhere.

@LizzyFitbit can you please explain why it's not appearing on the app search , Med ID app also dissapeared despite me having downloaded it last week.

Best Answer

#TheWonderkid same thing happened to me today. Maps title was available and now it isn't anymore. 

I also downloaden it but it wasn't working.

Best Answer

I have followed all the support articles and even contacted customer support and did everything including a factory reset of my fitbit and my phone, to see if either was the problem. Pixel 7 Pro, Bought two Sense 2 for two Phones, and neither has the Google Tile in the menu, nor am I able to search for google in the apps menu, it only shows clock faces after searching. I work in downtown and the google maps functionality on top of the sensors was exactly what I was looking for. Now I have purchased 2 of these items that do not have the advertised features available. Please Advise Asap. Customer Support has stopped responding to my emails. Who should we reach out to for assistance with these products if all I get is canned responses from support? This comment will likely remain buried without any response as the many others above me have also gone untouched.

Best Answer

@Fodie the answer is simple. As of today, there is no Google Maps on Sense 2. If there was a single person able to use it we'd have here at least a single post from somebody who managed to set it up and get it working. I can give you a number of such users with great certainty - 0. What misleads people is the fact that despite withdrawing the feature at an early stage of release the promo materials still claim the feature is available on Android. It isn't.

This is clearly misleading considering the current state of the feature and should be corrected:

tparker_0-1673884098975.png

Best Answer

@t.parker Thank you for the response. I just wish Fitbit actually cared enough to say something along these lines. Super misleading to have advertised materials like this floating around when they're just plain false. I will be returning my products on Friday unless they miraculously fix the issue. Thanks again and have a great upcoming week.

Best Answer
Unfortunately, that's what I did. I returned my Sense 2. It's too bad
because the features advertised are exactly what I want. Too bad it
couldn't deliver.
Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for getting back with more details and screenshots. We're aware of the issue and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Best Answer
0 Votes