Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps doesn't connect on Sense 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have set up Google Maps from the Fitbit app, checked the boxes for auto start, installed the app on the watch and when I start navigating, it does not start in the watch app. When I manually open the watch app, it says "not navigating," even though I am.

Anyone else know how to get around this issue?

(Yes, I checked all the troubleshooting about updates and everything...)

Best Answer
134 REPLIES 134

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Thanks for the detailed information, and every step tried prior to posting. I'm sorry for the inconvenience that you've had with the Google Maps feature for Sense 2 and Versa 4. This isn't the experience that we want you to have and I appreciate your feedback. In case you haven't done so, make sure to follow the instructions described in this help article. Take in mind this feature is currently available for Android users and will be coming to iPhone users in early 2023.

For the ones not seeing the Google Maps on your device, please provide me with the model and OS version of your phone. Also, on the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Help & Support and let me know the version.

Best Answer

I have a Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus with Android 13 as my version of Fitbit is 3.72 (37268001). I have followed all of the instructions given by Fitbit and Support. I also can't answer calls from my watch. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @LizzyFitbit - I have a Samsung Galaxy S10 plus running Android 12. I have Fitbit app version 3.72 (37268001).

Originally I saw the Google maps tile in the app and installed the maps app on my Sense 2, but it didn't ever work.  A few days later the tile disappeared and has not returned. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have tried to follow the help...still no luck. I have the Google Maps app on the Sense 2 but it does not start navigation (even if Google Maps on the phone IS in Navigation)...

@LizzyFitbit : any better suggestion than to check what we all checked? Is this defect logged into the Sense 2 bug lists? What's the plan to resolve it?

Best Answer

Are you kidding us? We tried everything imaginable, Maps disappeared from the Fitbit app, and before it disappeared it never worked. Latest app version, latest Sense 2 firmware version, Android 12 and Poco F3 smartphone. Also since I installed Wallet the credit card that used to work with Fitbit Pay now doesn't work anymore. Congratulations for screwing things up instead of improving them.

Best Answer

I have a Pixel 6 phone and living in the Netherlands. I am stil not seeing the Google Maps title! Fitbit Versie 3.72 (37268001)

Google Wallet works perfect and also can I call with the watch.

Update 13 januari suddenly the maps title shows up, but it won't auto start on watch.

Best Answer

Alexa is solved when I put my location to UK, I get the Alexa title.

But never the Google Maps title.

Update 13 januari suddenly the maps title shows up, but it won't auto start on watch.

Best Answer

Fitbit version 3.72 my phone is a Motorola G stylus 5g

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got a Sense 2, using with Android 12, and can't load google maps at all. It doesn't appear in the Sense 2 settings on the app or in the gallery at all. I've spent some time with Fitbit support, and their answer was basically "I dunno, we'll get back to you some day..."

Pretty disappointed this is a feature they use for advertising and marketing, but can't support? Am I the only one with this problem? I'm basically stuck hoping they get back to me, which let's be honest is likely never gonna happen...

Best Answer

@Ixxtabb if customer support admitted they didn't know then lucky you as I believe you've been told the truth. The Maps were there (I still have the app installed on the watch and the app remains useless) but after a few days when it appeared not to work for anyone Fitbit withdrew the feature (tile in the mobile app disappeared and Maps app in the Gallery is gone) and we haven't heard since. Not much more of the story. This is just my guess but iOS users are supposed to receive their Google Maps support in January and now, Android users probably as well (which probably is wiser than releasing a feature that doesn't work but some communication from Fitbit would help).

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and a warm welcome to our new members.

I've moved some of your posts into this thread so we can keep the forums organized. Thanks for the detailed information and efforts while working on this matter. I understand how much you'd like to use the Google Maps on your Sense 2, and I apologize for this inconvenience. I've gone ahead and reported this to our team so they can further investigate.

Your feedback is truly appreciated and please know I'll update this tread as soon as I have more information from them.

Best Answer

Why is this marked as "resolved" with a "Best Answer"? @LizzyFitbit , are you suggesting you consider the issue solved when the bug has been reported?

Best Answer

@WillCoyote1976

I think the post was marked as "Best Answer" for the sake of viability. So if someone new comes to this thread they can see the official Fitbit response at the top, rather than having to scroll through pages of posts.

As we can see the issue certainly hasn't been resolved. @LizzyFitbit mentioned she would update the thread once more information is available. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Hi I have a Google pixel 7 Running Android 13. Fitbit version 3.72. No Google Maps Tile showing up

Best Answer

As title, does anybody encounter such problem that i can't see Google map app at below screen shot ?

This f/w version 60.20001.184.52 should be the latest one, it's weird.

ddddddd.png

Best Answer

Oh, don't even start us.....

And please, hope that no one also says "coming soon"......

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.

Because I saw below information from Fitbit website. Not sure if I hit something wrong.

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2479.htm

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G. Adroid version 12.

One UI version 4.1

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit Is this supposed to work yet?

Best Answer

I also have similar issue Google map not visible on tile grid.

Regards

Ravikumar 

Best Answer