Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps doesn't connect on Sense 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have set up Google Maps from the Fitbit app, checked the boxes for auto start, installed the app on the watch and when I start navigating, it does not start in the watch app. When I manually open the watch app, it says "not navigating," even though I am.

Anyone else know how to get around this issue?

(Yes, I checked all the troubleshooting about updates and everything...)

Best Answer
134 REPLIES 134

Looks like somebody got it working yesterday on Versa 4:

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Sense-2/Google-Maps-is-NOT-available-on-Sense-2/m-p/5316727/highligh...

Possibly, a 3.73 app update is associated with it. I don't see yet the maps tile and app in Gallery but I expect a progressive rollout as usual.

Best Answer

So, you have the 1 Versa 4 that it works ok in the whole world.

What happened for it to work?

Best Answer

@honglong1976 I believe, it finally got fixed and released. It aligns with releasing the Android app v3.73. Now, if it works users probably need to wait until the rollout reaches them (like last time, back then I received it a few days after the official release). Still, this is good news that things are moving forward. Yet, pity that Fitbit shows so little respect to customers and can't own to mistakes. The company standards probably can't get any lower (or can they?).

Best Answer

Yesterday I found in play store an update

Best Answer

I have the exact same frustrations, i picked the Sense 2 due to the Google Wallet and Maps function, can't get either working. There is no Google Maps anywhere to download on the FitBit app, and although i use Google Wallet regularly on my phone, the watch says my Bank won't allow me to use it. 

I am using a Google Pixel 6 Pro, there is clearly an issue here. 

There are other apps that don't seem to respond to Sense 2 yet, like Spotify, why would this be possible to have on the Sense but not the more up to date version. 

Best Answer

I have 3.73 and Google Maps is still not there as a feature. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@infinidim same here. It always takes ages to reach all users when the feature is released (and since it works for at least one user here we may assume it's finally been released). All we can do now is wait.

Best Answer
0 Votes

3.73 app and my Sense 2 still doesn't have Google Maps working! 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's great news! I am an iOS user, so I am in no rush for it (and it's not due yet for iOS), but the whole Versa 4/ Sense 2 updates seem a pain so far. I know they will be fixed at some point. Glad it's finally working (for some) via the Android Fitbit update v3.73.

They just need to fix all the other stuff now 🙂

Best Answer

Same here @infinidim - 3.73 on my phone (updated yesterday) but no Google Maps tile in the app. 

I also can't seem to check my Sense 2 firmware updates any more in 3.73 - it used to be under "Help & Support" when you tapped the account icon at the top left of the app but the link to check the Sense 2 firmware has gone!

😔

Best Answer
0 Votes

@infinidim @t.parker - same here. 3.73 on my phone but no Google Maps tile.

Also - in my app the ability to check sense 2 firmware updates has disappeared from the "Help and Support" section of the app so I can't even check my firmware version now!

Best Answer

After my early rant it seems my Fitbit app now shows the Google maps icon, I have no idea how or why it has just appeared but hope this happens to everyone else soon 👍

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wrote yesterday to describe my experience with the missing Google Maps app on my Sense 2 and the missing Maps tile in the app.

Today, however, when I checked the app on my phone (V 3.73 on a Pixel 3a with Android 12) I found that the app updated and the Maps tile was there (below Google Wallet). I set up Google Maps and found the app on my Sense 2.

I hope everyone else is having the same experience and that the matter is resolved for them, too.

Incidentally, I checked on a route, to see if the app worked, and directions showed up on my Sense 2, so for me, this issue is resolved.

Thank you to the Fitbit team that worked on it. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@GaryME looks like they started rolling out Maps now. I see tile in the app but no app in the Gallery. The Maps on my watch from previous release doesn't work (and I can't uninstall it) so probably need to wait for my turn for updating the app gallery.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, looks like it works today!

Best Answer

Same for me. Since this evening, the Google Maps tile is back and navigation seems to work.

Thanks for that!

Google Wallet is still not working for cards that are supported on my phone.

Best Answer

Yep. Out in my car today using Google Maps. I had previously downloaded the Google Maps to my Sense 2 and set it for auto-download. As I made a turn, I realized my Fitbit was vibrating. When I stopped, I looked at it and realized it was up and running the Google Maps correctly. NOW what will I complain about. Thank you (finally).  

Best Answer

Yes it works !

Best Answer

I don't recall exactly what I saw when I set up Google Maps from the tile in the app, but I know that it did not send me to the gallery. When I tapped on the Maps tile in the app to set up Maps, I followed the directions and clicked on a button which took me to screen where I downloaded maps onto my phone. I never did need to go to the Gallery to find the Maps app.

Best Answer
Maps now works!!!!
Best Answer