Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps doesn't connect on Sense 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have set up Google Maps from the Fitbit app, checked the boxes for auto start, installed the app on the watch and when I start navigating, it does not start in the watch app. When I manually open the watch app, it says "not navigating," even though I am.

Anyone else know how to get around this issue?

(Yes, I checked all the troubleshooting about updates and everything...)

Best Answer
134 REPLIES 134

Thanks for the useless copy and paste response @LizzyFitbit 

How about some real information instead of literally just copying this exact thing into all the threads?

Best Answer

I have an android Google phone and Sense 2. There isn't a Google Map tile to activate Google maps in my Fitbit App. Is there going to be an update with this included soon?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder if this feature will ever be released. It wouldn't be the first time some issue received a reply like "we have informed our developers about the issue and we will let you know soon" then moved to "we are aware of the issue but we are unable to provide a solution to soon" to be completely forgotten

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer

I don't care about your copy-pasted answers, I paid almost 300 euros for your flagship smartwatch to have one of the two promised new features that doesn't work, you removed the other one but it never worked. On the Sense 2 with Fitbit Pay my credit card worked, now with Google Wallet it doesn't work anymore. If I had known, I would not have updated the Sense 2. My credit card works with my Android smartphone's Wallet, but it doesn't work with the Sense 2's Wallet. Why? Is there a logical explanation? Google Maps on the Sense 2 never worked and it's not clear why you removed it from the Fitbit app but it remained in the Sense 2. And in any case you didn't answer the question of the topic, as you wrote instead. After spending such a sum on your smartwatch, are you even kidding us?

Best Answer

I paid a similar price for my Sense 2 in UK pounds and feel totally let down by both Fitbit and Google. The Sense 2 / Versa 4 look like they were rushed to market for Christmas purchase cycle.

With these issues and lack of features I wish I had not upgraded to the Sense 2!! 

Best Answer

If fitbit can't deliver the Google Map solution, what compensations can we expect?

Best Answer

Thanks for letting us know @infinidim:

"I have raised a case with the UK Advertising Standards Authority about Fitbit misinforming potential customers about a feature that is not available on Android in the UK."

Best Answer

I am also expecting compensation from Fitbit for the lack of Google Maps as advertised on their UK website as well as the non - working of Google Wallet with approved banks. 

Best Answer

The Fitbit website says Google maps is available on sense 2 (for Android), but it is still not available on the Fitbit app to install on my sense 2 (Google maps and fitbit are installed on my pixel phone and up to date as well as my phone having latest updates to it's software) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Fitbit website claims Google Maps is available on Sense 2 (for Android), but it is still NOT available on the Fitbit app to install on my sense 2 (Google maps and fitbit 3.73 are installed on my Samsung S21 Ultra and up to date as well as my phone having latest updates to it's firmware software). Does anyone has any solution, please.

Together with Google Wallet not working with any of my 5 different Visa and Mastercards.

Support is not giving any answers.

Best Answer

If your Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G meets the requirements to operate properly with the Fitbit app, it shouldn't be a problem. However, if you're still having setup or syncing difficulties, I'd recommend taking a look at the following help articles: Why can't I set up my Fitbit device? 

Best Answer

I do not have the option to install Google Maps in Fitbit app v3.73 at all,which is the latest version. The phone operates fully with the Fitbit app.

The issue is that I do not have the option to install Google maps at all.

Ps running the latest firmware as well.

Best Answer

I'm sorry that I don't have a solution, but I wanted to add a comment to this thread because I'm having the very same issue. I have a Sense 2, with app version 3.73. My Pixel phone is running Android 12. I have no Maps on my watch and there is no option for me to add Maps to the app. I have five tiles in the app, with a blank spot where I guess I should find Google Maps. I've contacted Fitbit for help (via chat) three times. I was told the third time that they would escalate the problem to the "higher team," who would contact me via email. I haven't received a response yet from the higher team. I wanted to write here because there might be some systemic issue that someone else might recognize and have already been able to find a solution for.

Best Answer

I realize it's been a while since you posted this and asked for replies from those of us who are not seeing the Google Maps on our device. I purchased a Sense 2 and received it last week. I'm running the Fitbit (Premium) app, Version 3.73. My phone is a Pixel 3a with Android 12. I have no maps application on my Sense 2 (watch), although GPS appears to be working. There is no Maps tile in the Fitbit app on my phone and there is no option for adding it. From what I understand, the Maps app should show up under the Google Wallet tile. However, that area is just blank. 

I've contacted "Help" (via chat) three times. I've been told that this issue would be escalated to a "higher team," and that I would receive an email response. I've never heard back from them, though.

It seems like this is system problem that must affect everyone (?) who has a Sense 2. However, the technicians I've been in touch with via chat seem completely unaware of it. Each time I contacted Help I was asked to go through the generic set up steps for Maps, even though I explained that the Maps tile is completely missing. I had to send a screenshot the third time to demonstrate that the tile isn't there. Maybe I missed it, but has Fitbit announced that Maps is currently not available for the Sense 2, or is it working for some/most and still has bugs that affect a few users (like me)?

Best Answer

@GaryME Thanks for the summary. It's not just for you but everyone else. Something is obviously going wrong in fitbit as an firm. It makes a good case study and a good chapter for a book on how fitbit fails, however. 

Best Answer

@asiayeah Proposal for a title for the book:

Fitbit is the new Blackberry (?)

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dopovo Good idea. It could be called "Losing heartbeat" as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nobody has Google Maps, Fitbit here sits quiet, and customer support reads from the script and claims that users are dumb here and don't know how to enable the non-existing feature. The promo materials advertise a dead feature (considering its current state of not being available). Just a regular day in the Fitbit world. I did ask about Google Maps through social media channels and got the usual answers. Nobody in Fitbit owns this failure. I have Google Maps on my watch because I managed to install it before it has been withdrawn (the tile and app were there shortly after release but disappeared soon after). It is easy to see that there are no any posts or responses from users who actually got it working. Usually, for any problem like that there will be somebody who will help sort it out because it does work for them. There is not a person who has ever seen Maps feature alive. I asked moderators to show it working for them (just take a screen of the watch with Maps enabled to show that it works for them) - I was totally ignored. As of Today, the feature doesn't exist.

Best Answer

Versa 4, from yesterday, it works

16741210097437026800974065114602.jpg

Best Answer

@etabeta1234 thanks! Finally! I guess 3.73 brings that feature again. Worth posting your findings as a separate post for better visibility since Fitbit isn't willing to give us any updates.

Best Answer