Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Metal trim on back of Sense 2 fell off

Has anyone had this problem and is it safe to use superglue to fix.  See pic

20230629_101608.jpeg

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
298 REPLIES 298

Honestly that’s exactly what Fitbit should do! Either stand behind your product and fix the problem or refund everyone who has gone through this multiple times. 

Best Answer

Mine did it for the second time, and this time it’s not under warranty. This is 100% a manufacturer defect.   At the price point of this product I expected better!

Best Answer

This was true the first time it happened; however today my second sense2 did it and was not covered.  Out of warranty you will only get a discount, and in my opinion not enough of one to make me stay with Fitbit.  I have been a user since they were pebble.  This is a design flaw or MANUFACTURING defect! My experience today with customer support 150% soured my opinion of Fitbit and I’m leaving with the take away they make junk & no longer care.  

Best Answer

I can tell you it does not reset with the new device.  So be aware you likely will be only given a relatively minor discount on a new device through their store. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem now. One came out and I was managing as it was but now both of the metal trims have fallen off. What can I do now? I got it as a gift from the US and now I'm using it in India. Whom do I contact and how do I fix this?

Best Answer

FB1.jpg I contacted Fitbit about mine yesterday about this issue, because it JUST happened. I was told it wasn't covered under warranty. I see it has been a common problem. This is the last Fitbit I will ever buy. The Fitbit I had before this one, the whole face fell off. 

Best Answer

They didn't even offer me a discount...

Best Answer

I also just discovered that the sensors won't work unless I press the watch down hard enough for that copper contact to touch my skin. 

Best Answer
Yeah, I had whole face off problem as well before...OMG I just realized I had all 3 problems, metal came off / overheat / whole face off before!!!!! Terrible.

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer

It’s not covered under warranty unless it’s under a year old. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

After two sense 2 devices doing it at an age of about 7 months I chose a different device and canceled my subscription.  The problem is a manufacturing defect and the response left a 6+ year subscriber unwilling to even give another Fitbit device a chance.  At their quality level I can get as accurate and long lived service from a device at less than half the price.  Other can continue to throw away money but I am not willing to pay premium price for cheap junk. I believe you should get what you pay for and Fitbit is not living up to the expectation!

Best Answer

Yes it seems that about 7 months is a magic number.  Both of my sense 2 devices exhibited this issue on the same timeline. I’m convinced it’s a manufacturing or design defect. 

Best Answer

I got 7 months out of the original device and got 7 months out of the second device.  It looks like a total lack of quality control or a design flaw or manufacturing defect to me!

Best Answer
If you have the metal pieces you can very careful try gluing them back on.
Be carful of the sensors. If it is still under warranty try contacting fit
bit
Best Answer
0 Votes
Good for you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was replaced under warranty once and it fell off again they never fixed the problem with the watch. Now half of the watch screen no longer functions I haven't set for the SPO2 that works but nothing else despite a different screen it shows the steps in the heart rate and all that information I thought it was maybe an issue with the back not working. I'm guessing they're just don't care about Fitbit users anymore I'm ready to move on to a better company. 

Best Answer

It happened with me two days back. I started a live chat with Fitbit customer care and since my product was under warranty they sent me a replacement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Funny, I got an email from the community and seeing how many people have had the same issue sand some people saying they got a replacement.  The issue is I spoke with customer support about a month ago and they said they would send me a replacement and I have not heard anything else.  I followed up a few weeks ago and they said they were backlogged (to that effect) but would be sending one, and I still have not heard anything.  This is starting to seem like a real problem now.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
Nice! That's how it should be!

Get Outlook for Android<>
Best Answer
0 Votes

They offered me a discount to replace mine because they said it was 1 month over the warranty, so I guess mine magically made it beyond 7 months before this happened. Seeing all the problems everyone else was having, I decided to change to the new Google watch 2 (Which I really love BTW. Only wish the charge lasted longer). Unfortunately, said discount did not apply to it. 🙄

Then I remembered that I had purchased the extra warranty. So, I contacted Asurion who handles that and was able to get a replacement lickety split. So,  I gave it to my husband. We will see how long his replacement lasts....

Best Answer