Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Google Assistant on Sense 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went through all materials, video, docs and Google Assistant is nowhere to be mentioned, contrarily to Alexa. Shall I remind that Fitbit is a Google Company?

Fitbit, what's happening to you???

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
161 REPLIES 161

@--Smeagol-- that could have been a bot. Bots nowadays are pretty decent human imitators. Anyway, I wasn't expecting much from that conversation. Although there is one thing. I asked whether Google Maps would work during workout tracking, for example navigating during Bike activity and that has been confirmed (remembering the failure of Spotify on Sense and Versa 3 this is actually quite an important matter). I realize that the marketing materials and press releases are very carefully crafted and we are told only as much as the company wants to tell. If Fitbit prepares another update it means only that they need to think twice about how to say something and not shoot their own foot. I agree with @N8teGee on that - it does ring alarm bells. 

Best Answer

I agree with all you're saying. For a commercial material that should invite users to immediately pre-order the watch this time looks very weak. Really, Fitbit in this case is saying very little about new and existing functions, like if they don't even know what they are presenting. The only real added value of Sense 2 is the cEDA sensor while all other functions are barely mentioned or worded in very confusing way that pose many questions.

Also Fitbit seems completely unprepared to answer to the potential buyers (aka us, users) and, in fact, although invited, nobody from Fitbit came here to clear the legitimate doubts that we all have.

But users appear to have learned the lesson from the recent products that, although named as improvement of previous products, silently dropped features (Example 1: from Charge 4 to Charge 5 removal of altimer, Example2: from Versa 2 to Versa 3 removal of onboard music). And so we are finding suprises (the removal of Google Assistant for example) and finding discrepancies or unclear description that deserve answer.

And what place to ask clarification is better than this support forum? instead nothing.

Here we are speaking about the top of line Sense 2 but have you tried to look at the presentation material of Inspire 3 and in particular the video where the device is almost not present? 

Really, 2 years ago when Sense was presented Fitbit really gave me the impression (mainly false) that the device was really an instant buy (and in fact I bought it for my wife), with this Sense 2 the reaction I got was "meh".

Best Answer

@Dopovo I 100% agree with you... However Fitbit as a independent company is no longer the reality.

Google is now the one in charge, they have the money resources and I though talent to make Fitbit shine, instead all users/reviewers are all "meh"...

I had the Ionic a fabulous device although recalled over a battery issue (I never had this issue), they improved it over time making it better each firmware release.

Then came the Versa it was not an upgrade but a change to mimick the pebble (the company they just purchased at the time), although I never touched it, it became their new elite smartwatch, then the lite, the 2 and 3. Then the Sense..

A great device, never used on board music on the Ionic so a feature I never missed, but the health features sold me, they have made it better with each firmware upgrade...

So will keep the Sense and watch for updates to Sense 2 and Pixel Watch.. maybe with firmware updates they bring it to match the Sense. 

Fitbit Ionic 72.1.15 (recalled) and Fitbit Sense 128.6.17
Best Answer

What a mess of communication and information by Fitbit. Look at this conversation with Fitbit on Instagram

Screenshot_20220827-130103.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Integrating with Google's assistant would break synchronisation between my sense and the Android app. Perhaps they'll fix this.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@justinfreitag As per above screenshot of conversation I posted Fitbit has confirmed that Google Assistant is available in the new Sense 2 (and I assume Versa 4)

Best Answer

You have to have Google assistant... your a Google company.  I was gonna buy my whole team (over 150 people) the new fitbit but we use Google assistant in the office constantly and if the feature is not implemented I will look elsewhere for my teams quartely bonus gift.

Best Answer

Presumably it will not be available at launch but will be added.

It is there now on previous models.

Edited: Looks like will not be added.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

@DookieMuffin Oh, yes, definitely. Even if not shown in the store description Fitbit has officially confirmed it when enquired on their Instagram page. See this screenshot

Best Answer

@Dopovo  - has this been confirmed by any other sources?  

Other independent reports says it doesn't have it, though local store says it does.

The situation needs full clarification.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@--Smeagol-- Nope, still here, still heard nothing. And no, I'm not a Bot, I'm an actual volunteer.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@DramaQueenDiva It appears that you haven't read the discussion fully (or at all). I was referring to the exchange @t.parker had with a Fitbit customer service agent, saying it was as meaningful as talking to a bot. At no point did anyone suggest you were a bot, although I now have some doubts. 

Best Answer

Talked to customer support yesterday. After double checking, they confirmed that there will be Alexa, but no Google Assistant.

Looks like they don't know it for sure 😄 

Screenshot_20220903-205026.png

Best Answer

Just asking. The Sense has GA?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Franzfume If you mean the Sense 2? According to the product compare page, no it doesn't have Google assistant. It's also worth noting on the same page both Google Wallet and Maps say "coming soon", whereas the Google assistant just has a red line going through it. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

So it is evident that FITBIT OFFICIAL INSTAGRAM ACCOUNT made a mistake on the presence of Google Assistance on Sense 2 / Versa 4.

And not a one time only mistake because upon my request of confirmation they told me that the had the confirmation. And this is proven with the screen I earlier posted.

But if you try to locate the conversation on Instagram all you'll find is as below

-fitbit-•-Instagram-photos-and-videos.png

Do you see? They simple removed their replies showing total lack of respect not to me, to all many users that have read their statement. And when I asked clarification why they removed their reply they didn't even reply. Was it so difficult to admit their mistake and apologize? This, together with their complete absence from this forum (that is the official Fitbit forum, administred by Fitbit, where moderators are Fitbit employees), says everything about what Fitbit has become.

Best Answer

Ok I don't buy versa 4 or sense 2

Easy

No thanks don't like to be tied to a specific platform. Versa 3 or Sense are enough and with GA 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner Yeah I'm sure that would work well on my Pixel Android phone. In fact the Apple watch wouldn't even pair with it, so recommending such a closed alternative isn't the answer. Also I didn't realise the Apple watch could run Google assistant, when was this added? After all, this was the above posters main reason for not wanting to buy the Sense 2.

Thanks. 

Best Answer

@--Smeagol-- Apple Watch can use Google Assistant through a kind of workaround. By introducing HomeKit Apple extended smart home/assistant features. If somebody doesn't mind saying "Hey Siri, Ok Google, ..." then it can be done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

But in fact you are when you have a Fitbit device. It's called "Google ecosystem". Don't want to be tied to a specific platform?
Therefore use simultaneously Google, Microsoft and Apple.

Best Answer
0 Votes