Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Google Assistant on Sense 2?

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I went through all materials, video, docs and Google Assistant is nowhere to be mentioned, contrarily to Alexa. Shall I remind that Fitbit is a Google Company?

Fitbit, what's happening to you???

Formerly Giampi71 - Retired from Fitbit for good on November 13th 2023
Best Answer
161 REPLIES 161

Why was my post moved to this thread without even consulting me? It's now buried away within pages of posts. 

The title of the thread I created was Sense 2 - Before you buy. The post has nothing to do with Google assistant which only makes up a small part of my complaint. So it seems Mods are active, active in hiding peoples complaints in threads that aren't even relevant. 

I will proceed to create a new thread if it's not restored. 

Best Answer

A week ago I was on the verge of preordering the Sense 2. I really liked my Sense and I've been on the Fitbit platform for years aside from a break where I had a Wear (or Android Wear at the time) OS watch and got sick of the battery life issues. I was hoping for some commitment that Google Assistant was coming. Even though some said it, it seemed unlikely to me they'd push people to a competitor's assistant to differentiate a smartwatch. But then more news came, and Fitbit made the statement in AndroidPolice that they're focused on "features our users care about and use the most, including heart rate tracking, sleep tracking, and stress management." IMO, Fitbit should have been used to compete with Garmin, which has light smartwatch features and music too along with solid health tracking. 

Of course as a Pixel phone owner, I was watching that watch anyway. But as news came of possible mediocre battery life given the reminders to charge before sleep tracking (it is a nice looking watch, but perhaps that's the tradeoff in its size), an old processor, and a high start price of $350/$400, I went the route of the Samsung Galaxy 5 this week given their attractive trade-in offer. It's not the way I expected to go even a week ago, but it came out to less than the Sense 2 would have even been through my insurer given a credit card rebate offer on Samsung Store orders and the trade in. And, ironically, I had to go to Samsung to get Google Assistant, Google Wallet off the bat, etc. And, I like it so far. The battery life is better than I expected, you do have to use a modded program to use the ECG since I don't have a Galaxy phone, but it works. And everything works very well otherwise on my Pixel 6 Pro. But some of it was just a matter of principal, I didn't like them strategically watering down a watch when it shouldn't have been that hard to differentiate a true Smartwatch that was years in the making. 

That all said, Fitbit is notorious for not having features at launch. It often leads to poor initial reviews followed by updated reviews with higher ratings. So what they say is coming will be coming in the next few months if the past is any indication (Wallet, Maps, on wrist calls). But what they didn't say is coming was the bigger concern to me. 

Best Answer

The buried my thread about returning the Sense 2 as well.

Best Answer

Spent several hours messing around wondering what I was doing wrong, theres no way the new and upgraded model of the Sense would be missing either, its just a new version of the watch right? Wrong.

My entire house runs on google assistant, how is this supposed to work for me? How does this make sense as it is a Google product? 

No being able to install a single app besides the very limited pre-installed stuff is also a hard nope.

Is this a forced push to the Pixel watch at the demise of the Sense line?

Just got back from returning my Sense 2 after a few hours with it. Absolute downgrade from the Sense 1.

Best Answer

Dear @LanuzaFitbit ,

since you edited the title from something like "CONFIRMED: Google Assistante is not present on Sense 2" to an interrogative sentence would you please so kind at least to give a reply to that question? Thanks.

Best Answer

I agree.  I spent more money for a downgraded version on my Versa 2.   A lot of the features that make it a smartwatch are missing. 

I can't even return mine.

Best Answer

Hi @Little_blonde - normally shops have a 30 day return policy and Fitbit a 45 day one.

If the shop won't honor that and is an authorized shop (according to Fitbit) may be Fitbit will.

Chat via the Fitbit App, click profile photo, Help & support, Contact Customer support.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

The store I bought it from told me once the seal on the box was broken it was nonrefundable unless defective. Maybe it will get better as they update.  I feel like Google is letting us loyal Fitbit users down.  

Best Answer

@Little_blonde I would argue you have a case that the device is not fit for purpose or not as advertised. Depending on where you live there should be some sort of consumer protection for such cases. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

The in-app manual for the Sense 2 STILL (as of 9/27/2022) shows pictures of the watch using google assistant.

Lmfao what an unbelievably incompetent launch. 

Best Answer

@Dwuuds - it's probably referring to Alexa.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Referring to Alexa while clearly using the Google assistant icon and colors? I mean, I took that screen shot today.

Best Answer

No snore report on Sense Premium as listed in the app. A DOWNGRADE

NO Lap count showing on watch when swimming.  Only on phone app. A downgrade

No way to view steps remaining in the hourly activity.  It sometimes appears and then it doesnt.  A downgrade

I regret purchasing this so called upgrade.  All downgrades in my mind.  Do not buy Sense 2 v would be my recommendation.   

CUSTOMER Service via upgrade.  Asked if these would be updated in future updated software.  Clueless.

Best Answer

Here's likely the screenshot mentioned by @Dwuuds , courtesily from @LissaxKristine.

It even says "Choose a voice assistant....." where choose means between Alexa and....

smxvx2.png

Best Answer

@Dopovo  Wow, I actually had not seen that, which is MORE evidence that the device was a bait and switch at the last second.

The reference I was was referring to is in the Fitbit app on my phone, which still clearly shows the google assistant logo. Again, this is a screen shot DIRECTLY from my phone. Open the app, go to the sync menu and hit "how to use" as of today it's still right there. Check it: 

fT1Oudz.jpeg

Best Answer

@Dopovo Ok so I went to look at the page in app again (google assistant is still shown there btw), and I've just noticed something else that is infuriating. 

"Your fully charged Sense 2 has a battery life of 4+ days"

WTFbit.jpg

It's just straight up different specs depending on where you look.

I'm sending mine back today, as there is no way I feel comfortable giving them 300+ dollars if they can't provide consistent documentation. Thats like the barest of minimums... 

Best Answer

In most marketing materials, they claim 6+ days too.

Best Answer

@Dwuuds Still also in your case it suggests you can choose the assistant you want to use. So @LanuzaFitbit was actually right to edit the title of the discussion in the interrogative way as there are several discrepancies in the matter (and tens more actually....). So dear @LanuzaFitbit can you plese clarify???

Best Answer

@Dwuuds At this stage I think it's the best thing to do. If and when the missing features arrive, you can reassess your situation then. Although by then you may have moved on to another company's product.

This all very much feels like a kickstarter project, and not one from a company of this size. Although I think a start up would likely have handled things better. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Look at the bottom right icon in my screenshot shared above. That's also Google Assistant. 

I don't really care about the smartwatch features. But I'm not paying $300+ for a non-smartwatch...and certainly not from a company that's intentionally misleading its customers 

Best Answer