Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 Firmware Update 1.184.52

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Announcing the release of Fitbit Firmware Update 1.184.52!

This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in How do I update my Fitbit device?. If you choose to post about your issue, provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist you.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Sense 2 can be found here.

If you run into any trouble updating, review these troubleshooting tips

We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

Broken Sense 2 with this update.
Atleast once every few days it randomly freezes counting steps and you wouldn't know unless you were constantly looking

Was doing a jog this morning and happened to look and apparently i did zero steps in 5 mins.  Pitty i threw my Charge out when i got this thing.  It's an expensive piece of crap that occasionally works great and has a bunch of Apps/monitors for stuff that are completely useless and purely a guess in the case of sleep score etc...

Best Answer

Here's another. 132mins of activity but only 2 exercises recognised and not counted as a day of exercise even tho thats WELL over the metric
and the auto-exercise only works randomly

Best Answer

M8 I don't know where U R but I'm in NSW Aust. I damaged the face of my Sense which was a replacement from FitBit for their top of the range model they recalled (having a mental blank with the name) anyway rather than having a new face installed I thought I pay 4 a new 1. At the Store they had a Sense 2, so 2 my think I thought that it must be a better 1 because I thought that must B the case. Silly FOOL ME thinking that would be the case.

After doing or the things that suggested (which I had already tried myself, re booting, restoring factory setting, they than got be to send it back to them to fix the plroblems, which I did. When It was return Guess what NO F#$%ing difference, same issues of NO Auto Pause whilst in Cycleing mode & of late the last 4 rides (I do a 34k ride) the GPS either dosen't engage or only records about 10ks of the ride.

As i have only purchased it in November 2022 I've had enough & will be going back to the store to arrange a refund & I'll be purchasing another fitness tracker after being a FitBit user for nearly 10yrs.

Good luck trying to get anyone from their organiseation to respond to U as so far I have had none on this site as has just about all else that has put comments on here.

Cheers & happy life.

Best Answer

Auto-exercise has a number of issues with it. I had the same issue as you @PPerryman 

Best Answer

@infinidim Although you can add cards to google wallet, and pay with your phone, watch payments are not the same and do not automatically work just because they were added to google wallet.

After quite some time talking with my bank they told me that watch payments are powered by apple.  I don't know if this part is true, but went on to say they do not support payment by watch.  This was the Nationwide building society.  So with them I can pay with the phone but not the watch, whilst Natwest allow both.

This is nothing to do with fitbit, it is the bank that won't support it.  It might be that fitbit has to strike a deal with the bank - I don't know the procedure.

I hope this has helped.

Best Answer

@IanS_2023 I understand this.

My augment is with Fitbit, they clearly state that they support payment by watch from two banks in the UK that I want to use but when you try and add them neither works. From my view this is down to Fitbit to resolve urgently. I am certain that there are many thousands of people out there in the world who are having the same issue. 

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Hey everyone! First off, I wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. Secondly, since all our Sense 2 users have received the Firmware Update 1.184.52, I am closing this thread. If you still have not updated your watch, check out this post for some best practices on how to update your device.

If you are experiencing an issue with your watch unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Help Forums or find a related topic. Thanks again for all feedback on this release.

Best Answer