Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 Firmware Update 1.184.52

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Announcing the release of Fitbit Firmware Update 1.184.52!

This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in How do I update my Fitbit device?. If you choose to post about your issue, provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist you.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Sense 2 can be found here.

If you run into any trouble updating, review these troubleshooting tips

We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

Received my update around lunchtime, UK based with a Sense 2.

Didn't receive a notification just opened the app and saw the banner saying update available.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since the announcement, I go on the app several times per day to check, anytime: deception...

Best Answer

I received mine just now but no Google Pay anywhere yet. Interesting that there is no official pinned thread on this forum regarding the new firmware.

Best Answer

"Deception"

Pretty much sums up my entire sense 2 experience 

Best Answer

I just received the 184.52 update this morning, but the google wallet update wasn't included for me.

Best Answer

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

I've moved some of your posts to this thread so we can keep the forums organized. As some of you noticed, we've released a new update for the Sense 2 which is progressively rolling out. I'm sorry if this caused any inconvenience and appreciate your feedback. We're working hard to bring this update to all our members, so please check the Fitbit app later if you don't see it yet.

@LeithC Thanks for letting us know about your Sense 2. If you haven't done so, please check this help article and make sure you're located in a country where you can use Google Wallet.

Best Answer

Hi @LizzyFitbit is there a changed policy on communicating a new firmware update? I am used to see a new topic from one of the mods informing about a new release. 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
0 Votes

@LizzyFitbit hi, yes I'm in a country that has Google pay support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No update yet here either. 

While I understand it requires a progressive push update, I would suggest there should be a way for users to manually pull the update. Is that so?

Especially for this update, arguably all those features (and many other missing ones we all know) should have arrived on day 1. 

Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still nothing for me here in the UK...

Just how long did fitbit need to roll out the update?? Based on this forum I can't belive there are that many sense 2 users to get it!

Best Answer

Having owned a lot of Fitbit devices I guess it can take about a month. And that's when there are no issues to cause them to pause the release 

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally gotten the Google Wallet support for my watch, only to be road blocked by my bank, not supporting the "tap to pay with your watch" function.  Oh well...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@LeithC same here. Google Wallet seems to be just renamed FitbitPay 🤣 I used to use my HSBC (UK) card with GooglePay so I thought it would be supported now (FitbitPay didn't support it). Nope, it isn't.

Best Answer

Hi,

after installing Firmware 1.184.52 and updating the Fitbit App to version 3.71, the weather on the watch no longer syncs.

All necessary permission for the Firbit App and Weather App are set correcly.

I've tried reinstalling the Fitbit App, but that didn't help either.

The only thing that helps to sync the weather again is to stop the Fitbit App and start it again. I set up a task in Tasker that does this at a certain interval in the background, but that's only a temporary solution.

It could be possible that the issue is related to a bug in the Fitbit App.

BR,

Markus

Best Answer

My update became disconnected and now the device is locked on logo screen.  I have agents to reset but the screen goes black,  returns to logo and remains locked. Any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes

.If several (4 -- 5) restarts by pressing the button does not help, and you are unable to get to "Factory Reset" in "Settings"  try to perform these steps:

• Press and hold down the side button for about 8 seconds until the screen turns off.
  • After the screen turns off, you feel a short vibration.When you feel the vibration, release the button,
  • then immediately press and hold the button again
  • .Wait until the watch vibrates, then the Fitbit logo appears and disappears.
  • When it disappears, lift your finger off the button again for a moment and press it down once more until you feel one final vibration, then release–this indicates your Fitbit is performing a factory reset. 
Fitbit user since September 2019
Sense2 Sense, Charge3, Android, Windows
Best Answer

Thank you very much.  I went through these steps several dozen times with no luck.  Warranty is sending a replacement. 

Best Answer

Hi @SunsetRunner - that's a good interim solution.

For a longer term resolution try 

• Logout of the Fitbit App
  • Clear the storage cache
  • Force stop it
  • Restart the phone and watch
  • Check that battery saving on the phone is not shutting down Bluetooth or the Fitbit App.

As you say it could simply be an issue with the app.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

hello,

thanks for your reply. i really appreciate it.

I have already carried out and checked all the points you listed, but without success.

BR,

Markus

Best Answer

Thanks @SunsetRunner - there is one more thing to try before noting it is a firmware or app bug, in which case the only thing is to wait for the next version and hope it's fixed.

Remove any cities and use current location for the weather app. For reference see How to change Temperature - for Weather, Centigrade - Fahrenheit, Sense

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer