Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sense 2 Firmware Update 1.184.52

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Announcing the release of Fitbit Firmware Update 1.184.52!

This update should now be available to all customers! If you have any difficulty updating, make sure you are following the directions in How do I update my Fitbit device?. If you choose to post about your issue, provide as many specific details as possible in your post so that we can assist you.

*Firmware releases are not distributed based on region or location and can reach anyone no matter where you reside. We do not recommend performing a factory reset to force the update to your device as your data will be lost and you may not get the update. Please be patient and wait until you see the update banner inside of the Fitbit app to begin the firmware download.

WHAT’S NEW AND FIXED

Full release notes can be found here.

HOW DO I UPDATE?

Step by step instructions for updating your Sense 2 can be found here.

If you run into any trouble updating, review these troubleshooting tips

We look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone, and welcome to our new members.

Hey everyone! First off, I wanted to thank you all for your participation in this thread. Secondly, since all our Sense 2 users have received the Firmware Update 1.184.52, I am closing this thread. If you still have not updated your watch, check out this post for some best practices on how to update your device.

If you are experiencing an issue with your watch unrelated to the firmware-up process, I invite you to start a new topic on the Help Forums or find a related topic. Thanks again for all feedback on this release.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
206 REPLIES 206

A few hours ago, I Installed the new firmware for "sense 2" tracker. And, it also said that there is a new update to the iphone app. I did both. Now the ECG app is gone.  I have iPhone 13 Pro Max with IOS 16.1.1. I have been using this ECG app until the min before I updated it with the new firmware and app.

Tried to reinstall from the discover...heart assessment..gallery...install ECG..etc  It does not want to install. 

Contacted support, and they asked me to do the usuals. remove/re-pair..logout, re-login, update IOS, restart tracker, iphone, etc... Did everything. It still does not work. I can click "Install" then Proceed. It then comes back to Install screen again.

Support does not have a clue. They said they will contact me in 24 hours by email.

Anyone in the same situation as me?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

Same here, after the last update this morning the ECG app was removed from the Sense 2. When you go to the app list in the Fitbit app (Android) you get the option to install the ECG app but this doesn't work (loop).

I restarted the Sense 2, reinstalled the Fitbit app but no luck yet.

Sense 2 firmware: 60.20001.184.52
Fitbit app version: 3.71
ECG app version: 1.184.52 (Nov. 1)

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer

Apparently, yet another "well-tested" release.

Best Answer

Have you seen the release notes of the ECG app compared to the actual version number? The release notes mention the last release 2.8 while the app details shows 1.184.52 (Nov. 1). No match at all, so many questions 😊

Tracking my health and movements with Fitbit from april 2014, now using a Sense 2™
Best Answer

@denmike2 Did you receive the latest firmware version too with a working ECG app? For me it's a feature accessible and available in my country (the Netherlands). But after the firmware update issue as mentioned appeared (ECG app disappeared from device). Country settings in the app and online are correct (and have been).

Best Answer
0 Votes

@RonaldM I haven't received my update yet. If there is an issue with the ECG app they might have stopped the rollout until it's fixed.

Best Answer

No I haven't received the updates yet. I had this problem on the original install back in the end of September.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just tried to set the country in the app and also in the Fitbit.com profile. Logged out and logged back in. 

No luck. It does not work. It is in a “loop” like RonaldM said. 

the support is supposed to get back in 24 hours. Let’s see if/who gets back and what the answer is. 

I wish there is a way to revert back to old firmware and app. Unfortunately I don’t sync with iTunes so I don’t have a backup of my apps in my PC. 

Best Answer

Now we are without the ECG app, I guess 'irregular heart rhythm notifications to look for signs of AFib' aren't available either..

Best Answer
0 Votes

It is working...kind of. I was able to install it and now it is on my tracker!!!!

Looks like the ECG app on the fitbit was flawed!! When I tried a few minutes ago, clicked Install, it would try installing, but then will come back to install, and again go back to installing by itself. It was like a loop! Before, I had to click the install each time after it comes back to install screen. This time, it kept trying itself. After several loops like this, I saw that the install started on the tracker. 

I tried to take the ecg, and it seems to work. By the way, I first shut down the tracker, logged off the fitbit app, logged back in, and then tried all these!

Good luck!

They have to figure out a way to preserve all of our settings/apps when they release a new firmware. This is simply unacceptable to put the customers through this.

Best Answer

Just opened the Fitbit app and I got a pop-up requesting to 'continue an update', after clicking on 'yes' the ECG app installed on my Sense 2. So hopefully it will be fixed by for all of us. 

Best Answer

Hi all.

I've been a loyal fitbit user for almost 8 years.  I recently upgraded to Sense 2 specifically for on device GPS and googkr wallet.  I'm reading iojnhere about people having updated their device and having Google wallet too yet I can't get either still.  This morning I factory reset my sense 2 and re-paired with my Samsung S10+ .... the app said there was an update and installed it successfully yet my watch and the app report that the firmware is still version 169.418 plus no sign of googkr wallet either. When I check for a sense 2 update in the app I get told "Sense 2 is up to date" - does anyone know what's going on please?

Thanks

Mark

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer

There is still no official announcement on this forum but I'm guessing this update will be incremental. As it will reach a small percentage of users first, and and they will begin a broader rollout as soon as all issues are ironed out.

I know from earlier updates it could take a month before everyone had it. 

Best Answer

Hi RonaldM - I understand your point but the Fitbit team (and Google) have both made plenty of noise about the update and I don't think it's right that people like me still can't get it. Although there's not been an official announcement on this forum (have there been any official announcements on this forum?) the official web site is quite clear - see this link and the screen capture:

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1372.htm 

MYOHMY_0-1668976008505.png

Best Answer

Hi, is anyone like me? I live in the uk and there doesn’t seem to be an update for my sense 2, no Google wallet or maps which I see most people have . Love the sense 2 but older my older fitbit has better software! 

Best Answer

Patience, grasshopper.  Updates roll out slowly.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Nothing in the UK so far.

Best Answer

I am a pre-order premium user in the US, and no updates for me either.

It's garbage, but it's just what fittwit does. Slow roll, err slow rollout, updates.

Sorry but just be patient, you won't get it before they feel like giving it to you 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nothing here in France too

Best Answer
0 Votes