Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense Keeps Restarting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve only had my Sense for 2 days but it has restarted no less than 15-20 times during the two days. I’ve tried manually restarting it and changing the clock face. Nothing seems to help. I notice it because it vibrates slightly during the restart. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

while on a run yesterday, I tracked the exercise like I always did with my Versa 2 and during the exercise, the Sense vibrated many times. I have it notify me every mile but I only went 2 miles and received 10 or so notifications. When I looked at the Sense, there was no notification on the screen. 

I don’t know if these two things are related, but they are irritating. 

Thanks

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

Hi everyone. It's good to see you participating in the Community Forums.

Thanks for sharing that your Sense keeps restarting by itself and for every step tried prior to posting. I'm sorry that you're going through this situation with your new watches. This has been escalated to our team so they can further investigate what may be occurring. Your feedback is appreciated and I'll update this thread once I have more details from them.

I'll be around if you have any other question.

Best Answer

Count me in. My wife's sense restarting randomly. One time when she started the workout hiking

Best Answer

Fitbit seem to be aware of the problem. I received an email from their support saying, among other things: "Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re currently working to resolve it and hope to have a fix soon."

Best Answer

Hi @Tranceblast and @David_J. It's good to see you here in the forums.

@Tranceblast, thanks for sharing that your wife's Sense is also restart. @David_J, thanks for sharing the information received by our Support team. Our team is currently investigating this situation to bring a solution to our affected members. While I don't have more details, your feedback will be passed along so they can be informed of the impact this has caused you.

I appreciate your patience and let me know if you need anything else.

Best Answer

Count me in also as having the restart issue. It is happening more frequently, and the battery is not getting anywhere near the stated battery life.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit sense has been doing this the last few days too

Best Answer
0 Votes

+1. Definitely not the issue. I was literally reading your post when it restarted on my phone and I know it wasn't pressed down.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Correction: when it restarted *on its own.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happens to me too. It seems to mostly be when I'm resting - i.e. sitting quietly or sleeping (thanks device that's supposed to help me be healthy for interrupting my sleep). I've had many different Fitbit devices over the years and several of them have had crashing issues. It's usually consistently either when I'm resting/ sleeping or working out. I don't think it's the battery because my battery life is great. I charge when I'm in the shower every morning and, as long as I don't use the SPO2 clockface, it usually has 86-87% left when I put it on the charger. I also know it's not my wrist hitting the button, cause it's happened when I'm just sitting and your wrist would have to hit the button for quite a while before the device restarted.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone. It's good to see you here in this thread.

@kdub2001@bseils and @meresydotes, thanks for letting me know that your Sense is restarting by itself and for the steps tried prior to posting. I understand how you're feeling about this situation and I'm sorry you're having this experience. I've contacted our Support team to share your details and I was told you already have a case created with them. Please follow their instructions and keep an open communication with them.

@aflanos, thanks for joining this thread in regards to your Sense behavior. I've gone ahead and requested a case on your behalf. They'll look into your details and provide you with further assistance.

Please note that due to recent events affecting our operations there might be a delay in their reply. However, be sure that your cases are on good hands and you'll receive a reply soon via email.

Have a nice day!

Best Answer

I would suspect that the first unit was faulty as my replacement is working mighty fine, no issues at all.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having this issue. Are there any updates on this getting fixed?

Best Answer

Hi

I have the same problem with the rebooting, I thought it had something to do with the SpO2 clock face and changed it but this was not the case.

My sleep was showing until 1:17 am and starts again at 2:30 am twice now day after day. I did a factory reboot, deleted the app data to start again and now after going to sleep at 9:30 pm nothing registers until 1:28 am and 1:25 am last night. My alarm for work is 5 am and would mean I only get 3 and a half sleep a night?

My Ionic never had this problem and my wife has a Versa 3 which works perfectly. I think I will wear hers tonight to see if it's not just me 🙂

Worn on my left wrist so no chance of pressing the button to reboot.

Regards

Simon

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just taken the sense off charge and it reboots after displaying the amount of charge in it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Could the exercise vibration be changes in heart rate zones? Try turning those off and see. 

Sense, LG V60 Thinq Android 10, Surface Pro Win 10
Best Answer
0 Votes

Surely heart rate zones would not make it reboot randomly? Again last night I turned over, got a vibrate to think it was an email or another alert to find at Fitbit logo on the screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Lizzy -

I submitted a case via Twitter last weekend and the followed-up with a phone call on Monday/Tuesday. Their instructions were "A supervisor will be reaching out with next steps tomorrow" -- this was days ago. 

Any suggestion on what to do now?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's not HR zones. I've seen mine reboot while I'm sitting on the couch watching TV or typing an email at my computer. It happens about 5-6 times a day.

The most annoying part is that I need to re-pair my phone with it every time in order for it to sync properly. 

Best Answer

Hi,

I've been having the same issue. Just sitting at the computer or walking the dog and it just keeps restarting. I've had my Sense for a few weeks now and it's been getting progressively worse. I was really liking it, but now the excessive restarting is getting really irritating...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, @LizzyFitbit do we have any news? Again today several reboots and now a loss in heartrate from 12:35 to 13:40?

I recharged the battery at 15:15 so this was not the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes