Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense Keeps Restarting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve only had my Sense for 2 days but it has restarted no less than 15-20 times during the two days. I’ve tried manually restarting it and changing the clock face. Nothing seems to help. I notice it because it vibrates slightly during the restart. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

while on a run yesterday, I tracked the exercise like I always did with my Versa 2 and during the exercise, the Sense vibrated many times. I have it notify me every mile but I only went 2 miles and received 10 or so notifications. When I looked at the Sense, there was no notification on the screen. 

I don’t know if these two things are related, but they are irritating. 

Thanks

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

Yes!!! Me too!!! Especially when I tried syncing it with the app. It says GPS connecting and it just restarts. It happened 4 times and then I just gave up >=\

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the "restart" problem for many months. I fiddled for months with firmware updates, changing settings, etc. Nothing helped. I sent it back and they replaced my Sense, that process took nearly a month. The new one works fine. My advice, send it back. You'll lose your Sense for a month but then it will work fine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did your problem start happening right out of the box? My Sense is just under a month old and the first few weeks have been ok aside from some (unfortunately acceptable) glitches.

My random reboots just started a couple days ago and I hadn't really changed anything. Same settings from prior. Even my clock faces haven't changed lately. I'm not sure if there was a firmware update that happened to cause this.

And my problem isn't just random restarts. I get stuck in random reboot loops. First time I tried a soft reset with the charger. Earlier I did a factory reset. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Were you able to change back to your clock faces with no issues after the factory reset? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, my Sense is now stuck in a reboot loop.  Endless sequence of a momentary vibration, Fitbit logo, blank screen, vibration, logo, blank... about 8 seconds for a cycle.  I can't even get into the watch to do a hard reset.  I've only had it for a couple of months.  NOT a good experience.  Yo, Fitbit!!!

Best Answer

Well, kudos to Fitbit for not wasting my time with endless troubleshooting - they went quickly to the replacement option.

ID: 1161264 | 20220103 PST
06:06:39 System: Thanks for waiting. Please provide as many details as you can so we can get you back on track.
06:06:49 Agent: Jhorman C.: Hi! I am Jhorman from Fitbit customer support. Tell me, how can I be of your assistance today?
06:07:33 Don W.: Hello, Jhorman. My Fitbit Sense is stuck in an endless reboot loop. It vibrates briefly, displays the Fitbit logo, goes blank, vibrates, logo, blank...about every 8 seconds.
06:08:21 Agent: Jhorman C.: I'll be more than happy to assist you with the screen or internal issue of your Fitbit Sense.
06:08:35 Agent: Jhorman C.: May I know if you have done any troubleshooting before contacting us? I wouldn’t want to advise you on something you’ve already done
06:09:39 Don W.: I've tried longpressing the button to try to get an orderly reboot. I have put it on the charger and taken it off. I've searched the community forums as well as the Internet at large to try to find a way to do a factory reset other than from the menus (which I can't reach because the watch doesn't finish booting), without success.
06:10:41 Don W.: (And I've dragged my ancient Blaze out of my drawer to use in the meantime.)
06:12:15 Agent: Jhorman C.: I appreciate you have tried some troubleshooting steps earlier
06:12:30 Agent: Jhorman C.: Let's try to change clock face on the Fitbit app in order to see how it reacts
06:12:47 Don W.: The watch is not completing its reboot. It is not talking to the app.
06:12:59 Don W.: but I'll try it
06:13:03 Agent: Jhorman C.: Thanks
06:13:46 Don W.: "Unable to connect to device"
06:14:58 Agent: Jhorman C.: Thank you for trying it!
06:15:14 Agent: Jhorman C.: Since you have exhausted the troubleshooting steps for this situation, your case will be reviewed by our warranty department in order to confirm your current options.
06:15:20 Agent: Jhorman C.: Could you please confirm your country of residence and the retailer where the device was purchased from?
06:15:43 Don W.: USA and Amazon. It is still in its return period. I'll send it back to them.
06:16:17 Don W.: From what I see in the forums, this is a very widespread problem with this device. Has there been a fix or should I move on?
06:17:03 Agent: Jhorman C.: We should move on
06:17:22 Agent: Jhorman C.: However, is your phone running the latest version?
06:17:23 Don W.: No, I mean can I expect a replacement device will work better or should I buy a different model?
06:17:43 Don W.: Version of what, the Fitbit app?
06:17:59 Agent: Jhorman C.: Oh I see, it is not a normal issue, it sould not happen
06:18:06 Agent: Jhorman C.: Nope, OS version!
06:18:16 Don W.: I'm running the latest my phone will take.
06:18:33 Agent: Jhorman C.: Perfect
06:18:41 Agent: Jhorman C.: Please allow me a few minutes!
06:19:30 Agent: Jhorman C.: Great! You've been confirmed as eligible for a replacement. I have just sent you an email with the replacement options. As soon as you get it, you'll need to log in to review them.
06:19:48 Agent: Jhorman C.: By the way, after our chat, you will receive a very quick survey.
06:20:00 Agent: Jhorman C.: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?
06:21:57 Don W.: Thank you. I'm arranging the replacement through Amazon. If the new device experiences a similar failure, I will shop other brands. Since this is a very widespread problem, Fitbit should have recalled the Sense!
06:22:26 Agent: Jhorman C.: Thank you for your feedback!
06:22:33 Agent: Jhorman C.: Have a great day!
06:22:38 Agent: Jhorman C.: Stay safe! Feel free to end the chat whenever you're ready by clicking on the option in the chat window. Thanks for contacting Fitbit.
06:22:54 Don W.: Have a good day. I do not envy your job right now 🙂
06:23:00 System: The chat is ended.
06:23:00 System: Don W. left the chat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Did you get it to resolve? 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. I got a replacement unit and so far it has been good 🤞

Best Answer

I, too, had the same issues... blank screen, logo, blank again. This was happening every minute for several hours. I tried the hard reset, checked to see if I had any updates, etc. None of that worked.

I contacted the help chat and was instantly told I was being referred to someone who would contact me via email. I am guessing it is because my watch was purchased from a friend and not under any warranty. 

The email simply offered me a discount on a new device, since I did not have a warranty. I decided I would attempt the factory reset. I would rather do that than rush to buy a new watch. 

IT WORKED! If yours is like mine, you have to move quickly.

Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine has been restarting itself without it being on my wrist so wearing it is not the issue. Is there a bug fix for this? Anyone know what the latest version is?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine was working perfectly for 5 months before these problems so I didn't have this problem out of the box.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I reset it to factory setting, removed it from the app and started it all from scratch and it seems to be working now. Hope this helps...

Best Answer
0 Votes