Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense Keeps Restarting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve only had my Sense for 2 days but it has restarted no less than 15-20 times during the two days. I’ve tried manually restarting it and changing the clock face. Nothing seems to help. I notice it because it vibrates slightly during the restart. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

while on a run yesterday, I tracked the exercise like I always did with my Versa 2 and during the exercise, the Sense vibrated many times. I have it notify me every mile but I only went 2 miles and received 10 or so notifications. When I looked at the Sense, there was no notification on the screen. 

I don’t know if these two things are related, but they are irritating. 

Thanks

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

Did they offer to repair or replace your defective unit? My problem started 2 nights ago and now it is shutting down and restarting every 15 to 30 seconds. 

Best Answer

Neither yet... It just arrived at fitbit's service center today, so it's a waiting game now... 

Best Answer

My rebooting started 2 nights ago and now it shuts down and restarts every15 to 30 seconds. Looks like I maybe in for a long wait. Disappointing given how much I paid for it. Did you have to send it in at your cost?

Best Answer

I did not, they emailed me a shipping label. (US resident) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, replacement arrived 2 days ago. I was initially concerned when I saw the condition, but the plastic wrap on it was just poorly placed. Both sets of bands (small and large), sense, and power cable came in their own bags and all looked new. Setup was better than my original sense. Originally it took forever for my note 20 ultra to detect and update the sense. The replacement just worked. Connected, updated, etc with no issue. Battery life is better too. About 17% in 24 hours vs 22-25 every 24 hours on the old one.

And most importantly.... Not a single reboot in 2 days. So, despite the time it took, at least the end result is what I wanted. A working sense. 

Best Answer

Good to know. I returned my faulty Sense on Monday morning and according to the tracking it is due to arrive @Fitbit Support soon. Hoping to get my replacement soon. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having rebooting. Started today ramdomly, now it just continuosly restarts

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit Support and after a bit of toing and froing over a 3 week period they have agreed to replace my Sense after I return the faulty unit. They covered the postage for the return. Best if you take a video and send it to them like I did. 

Best Answer

I performed a full factory rest and left the default settings once it was reset. So far, it has stopped rebooting.

I suspect it was one of the clock faces other than the default one. If it remains stable, I'll start changing settings to see if I can pinpoint what may have caused the problem

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just got my Sense about 4 days ago and have noticed it doing the same thing. It just turns off, or black screens but still vibrates when I touch the button to wake it. Then it restarts. Very annoying!! Has anyone given you a fix to it or are we all under the impression that it's just a bug? Hopefully we get some answers here soon!!!

Best Answer
After an update it stopped. See if you have the latest software version
for the Sense
Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a warranty exchange, but support took forever. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine wasn't fixed after all the firmware updates. I got a replacement from fitbit. Took a while to receive a reply from them, but in the end, it worked out. The replacement watch is perfect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My watch history did that today around 20% battery, let's see recharge the battery will help

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a warranty replacement Sense on 16 March 2021 and so far it is working great. It took about 4 weeks of emails and waiting before the matter was finally sorted. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I ended up doing a complete factory reset and that seemed to fix the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can't even login to the watch...

Best Answer
0 Votes
I can't even login to the watch
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening  me after the firmware update this week. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my Sense last Oct. It was rebooting from the start and firmware updates didn't help. I finally sent it back for a warrantee replacement. They sent me a mailing label, so that was pretty easy. It took about a month for my replacement to arrive. I've had it for about 3 weeks and it seems to be fine. I think replacement (and the loss of your device for a month) is the only solution..

Best Answer
0 Votes