Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense Keeps Restarting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve only had my Sense for 2 days but it has restarted no less than 15-20 times during the two days. I’ve tried manually restarting it and changing the clock face. Nothing seems to help. I notice it because it vibrates slightly during the restart. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

while on a run yesterday, I tracked the exercise like I always did with my Versa 2 and during the exercise, the Sense vibrated many times. I have it notify me every mile but I only went 2 miles and received 10 or so notifications. When I looked at the Sense, there was no notification on the screen. 

I don’t know if these two things are related, but they are irritating. 

Thanks

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

Has anyone else experienced a Christmas miracle? Has the problem been...dare I say...fixed?! I'm on day 3 of no restarts. Really really hoping it's not a fluke. Fingers and toes crossed! 🤞🏻

Best Answer

I've had significantly less reboots in the last 48 hours.... Like 1-2 a day, which is better than the 5+ a day I've had before. 

Best Answer

Yes, the restarting, vibrate, off,  only occurred when I would charge the Sense.  Hmm today I charged and no restarts

Best Answer

My Sense would vibrate when GPS was found but it did it only once.

Best Answer

I spoke too soon.... it began restarting again...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't had any spontaneous resets since the last but one firmware update. In fact, it's been very reliable for over a month now. Shocking, I know.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm down to 1 or 2 a day this week, which is better than the 5+ daily I've been having, but it shouldn't be restarting at all. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have finally gave up on this crapy device. Between the constant restarts, fake button push, no sync for days, crashing when sync, pay for premium to use the new features and worst of all fitbit support does nothing to help, just empty promises of working on a fix i just had enough.

The last straw for me was when i went to check the weather and it said it was not synced, so went to the app thinking it is crazy and low and behold no sync in 6 days. Why, no idea. Went to the device and told it to sync, vibrates and when i look it is rebooting. Took it off, place it on the desk and tell it to resync again and it reboots again. 6 tries and 4 reboots later and it finally synced all the data but battery drooped 10%. In the evening, again has not synced. Rebooted the device, rebboted my phone, next day no sync. First manual sync at lunch and it rebooted again. So right than and there i reset it to factory default, boxed it up, got the return label from amazon and shipped it back.

Absolutely worst fitbit device in 6 years of using their devices. I feel sorry for each and every one of you who can't return it and get their money back because this device is not worth all the stress it puts people through.

Best Answer

I am very disappointed to see all of this discussion about the Sense reboot cycles. I got a brand new Sense watch on Christmas day after wearing an Ionic for about a year or two. I enjoy the battery life on these devices so much more than the smart watches from the big players. But... alas... my Sense randomly goes into the dreaded reboot loop each Sunday. Oddly enough, it happened on exactly that schedule. Last Sunday morning (Dec 27, 2020) and today (Jan 3, 3021), the watch began rebooting every 10-20 seconds. Last week, I ended up forcing a factory reset (which took multiple tries since the watch face was non-responsive for many of those reboot cycles) and it worked fine for one week. Today, it started doing the same thing. Both times, the battery had dropped to (or below) the low warning level (25%), so that seems a little too coincidental.

{sidebar, this forum thought I mentioned an inappropriate term in this message body by saying "a bit" and then "coincidental"... which is obviously very poor programming}

We are discussing now whether we should just take it back to the retail outlet where we bought it. We're not even sure yet if they will allow an exchange or, since Fitbit does not seem to care about the problems reported here, return it (as others have shared here) and go after a different device altogether.

I have had TERRIBLE luck with Fitbit (whether Premium or not) actually supporting the device. They pretty much stink at that part of the experience. Which is really sad. If they were even half as good as their competition in the support space, they'd probably keep their customers happier and, just maybe, longer. I've been a Fitbit customer for 6+ years and I do believe I've reached the end of my road with them.

Any last thoughts or suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes

For what is worth, I had the same dilemma as you. Given the price of the device I decided to move on after 6+ years of being a loyal Fitbit customer, both me and my wife. The day I returned my Sense to Amazon for refund I picked up a Garmin Venu. So far, granted only a few days with it I have to say I am impressed. It is a lot more accurate for all measurements, battery life is awesome, comfortable to wear and their app has tons of data for free unlike Fitbit.

Best Answer

Me too guys, 

I’ve been a Fitbit customer since around 2012 and moved to the dark side and bought the new Apple Watch after returning the Sense. 

I really hope Fitbit can resolve this long term. Would be a shame if they keep losing customers. 

Best Answer

Really wish I could still return it.....fitbit support is useless. They closed my case without resolving it. And had the nerve to ask me to review my experience with support!

At this point, I would just buy an apple watch and not look back.

Best Answer

Almost 2 weeks for support to contact me... Asking if I can restart the phone and sense.... Sense reboots are still 1-3 a day, which is better than the 3-5+ I had daily at 1st, but to ask me to do what I mentioned I already did when I placed the ticket is pretty bad (I work in IT Support, so I provide everything I did when placing the ticket as to not waste time. I expect support to not wait 2 weeks to ask if I can do something that I mentioned I did day 1) 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tip on the Garmin Venu @Rubbinio. It looks like a nice watch.

Fortunately, I still had my old Ionic... it was working fine except for the vibrate feature on notifications. So... the Ionic is back on my wrist and the Sense is boxed up and ready for return. I will probably try the Versa 3 before stepping off the Fitbit plank for the last time. Our expectation is that it should work with the "extras" that we had picked up for the Sense (watch bands, night stand charger, etc.) since they are basically the same physical design with different OS and firmware. If we hit the "worst case scenario" and the Versa 3 is as bad as the Sense, we'll send it all back once and for all.

I'm multi-vocational... I am a Pastor as well as an IT leader. I can certainly say that the support experience with Fitbit has been one of the worst I've ever had with a company that should be relatively technical by their very nature.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am truly shocked that Fitbit would deliver such a systematically flawed device then ignore the customers who invested early in their flagship product. You'd think we'd be the people that be most eager to please. Instead, they simply don't respond to us or give us meaningless advice so they can pretend like they're being responsive ("restart the device"). Fitbit, are you listening? Are you going to offer to replace all the faulty devices? It's clear from this forum they sent out an entire batch of flawed Senses. Aren't we covered by the warrantee?

Best Answer

Anyone been in contact with support lately? Any updates? Or is it just me they're ignoring...? Still restarting 20+ times a day... still annoyed...

Best Answer
0 Votes
A couple days after it did the restart loop it stopped. For me it only
occurred when recharging.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I still get 1-3 restarts a day, which is better than the 5+ a day I was getting, but still annoying. Support has not been great at all, with their last reply being "we are aware of the issue and are working on it"

That was 2 weeks ago... 

Best Answer

I was finally given an RMA number in early February, but their method of shipping has a lot to be desired. Went from USPS to a "delivery Agent" to Fedex, which it went from Phoenix to a tour of all of California and back to Phoenix, with no ETA on delivery at the moment (it was supposed to arrive on the 16th). Support says they can't do anything until the Sense is received.Never had an issue from the Blaze to the Versa and this whole process is beyond frustrating. Especially since I could have hand delivered the Sense in a 5-6 hour drive there.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I got my replacement last monday. Took about 2 weeks to get to me in Lithuania. So far, this one is perfect! Hope it stays that way.

Best Answer
0 Votes