Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense Keeps Restarting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve only had my Sense for 2 days but it has restarted no less than 15-20 times during the two days. I’ve tried manually restarting it and changing the clock face. Nothing seems to help. I notice it because it vibrates slightly during the restart. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

while on a run yesterday, I tracked the exercise like I always did with my Versa 2 and during the exercise, the Sense vibrated many times. I have it notify me every mile but I only went 2 miles and received 10 or so notifications. When I looked at the Sense, there was no notification on the screen. 

I don’t know if these two things are related, but they are irritating. 

Thanks

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

I’ve had mine for a couple of weeks and I’ve noticed it restarting. It’s happened a few times. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine restarts often, sometimes when I'm asleep. Sometimes it wakes me up. So I have a sleep monitor that interrupts my sleep.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just got a firmware update. Hoping for the best. I'll update soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dana789  Sounds good, what firmware were you on? 44.128.1.42

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exactly. 44.128.1.42. Unfortunately, I saw a restart after the update. Also, on a hike today the app paused when I didn't hit the button. Unintended button presses, some long enough to force a restart, would explain a lot.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had mine for a couple of weeks and all was good but surprisingly just today I have noticed it restarting multiple times randomly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine continues to restart about once a day. I'm willing to test any updates.

Alta > Versa > Versa 2 > Sense
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey everyone - our team is aware that some customers are experiencing sporadic reboots. We hope to have a resolution soon. Thanks very much for your reports and your patience as we resolve this issue.  

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer

Thanks, Kate 😀

Best Answer

When it restarts when I'm asleep, the fitbit wakes me up. If you could stop it from vibrating when it restarts, then it wouldn't wake us up. Or make vibrate on restart an option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I've received my new Sense from Amazon this Friday. I am not able to find any Wi-Fi in the list nor when I manually add my phone as hotspot. During the search for Wi-Fi networks The Sense restarts many times.  I'm on firmware 44.128.1.42. Battery is more than 35% and I have 2,554 MB free memory available. Any clues how to solve it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought my second sense a few days ago. Today I've noticed 3 random reboots. is it a known issue? are you going to fix it? when?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing this too. Had it less than week and it’s rebooting on average at least 5 times pers day. 

Best Answer

I have some theories. The obvious explanation is that there's a software bug or hardware fault that triggers the restart. Another explanation would be a false long button push, which triggers a restart. Or maybe both! This is really a pain because if it happens when I'm asleep it often wakes me up. I've asked Fitbit to consider revising the firmware so the device does not vibrate when it restarts. As far as I'm concerned, vibrating on restart has little value. No response on that point yet.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Fitbit  is aware as I can see, looks like a firmware problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I can tell that my wife's sense had this problem, rebooting randomly 3-6 times a day and she returned it and bought a new one. The new one has been working ok for 2-3 weeks without any reboot at all. So my guess is a hardware fault.

Best Answer
0 Votes

+1 here. This is continuous for me. Chat agent has escalated for additional support, though no support has yet arrived. I am chatting again with agent now and I am told to wait. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

+1. Bought of amazon and got it yesterday. Rebooted 2 times with the first hour of powering it on. Than rebooted 3 more times over night and because of it got a basic sleep score. Given it rebooted on the charger i am going to say i don't think it is a button press. So if it reboots again today it is going back for a replacement. Highly disappointing for the most expensive Fitbit device ever.

Best Answer

I've had my phone from Amazon for 4 weeks now. In that time it has restarted many, many times but today it has got a lot worse.

It restarted while in was exercising on my spinning bike, so rather than have the thing buzzing on my arm during my workout, I did a factory reset to get some peace and then later removed it from the Fitbit app on my phone.

Unfortunately, it now displays the big red cross/data not cleared.

Resetting just returns to the red cross straight away, and I can't resync because the sense isn't registered with the app on my phone.

It's totally stuck, so I think it'll have to go back to Amazon and I'll stick with my ancient Charge 2

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is constantly freezing and have to force a restart. It’s normally during an exercise or here lately randomly. Not a very reliable product for the hype they noted with it 

Best Answer
0 Votes