Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense Keeps Restarting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve only had my Sense for 2 days but it has restarted no less than 15-20 times during the two days. I’ve tried manually restarting it and changing the clock face. Nothing seems to help. I notice it because it vibrates slightly during the restart. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

while on a run yesterday, I tracked the exercise like I always did with my Versa 2 and during the exercise, the Sense vibrated many times. I have it notify me every mile but I only went 2 miles and received 10 or so notifications. When I looked at the Sense, there was no notification on the screen. 

I don’t know if these two things are related, but they are irritating. 

Thanks

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211

@LizFitbit & @KateFitbit 

Can either of you please confirm that the latest firmware release is intended to resolve the restart issue?

Thanks

Dave

Best Answer
I think we are done here on my end it still does not sync to Spark People I was told I need to contact them sorry
Raymond C. Culp Jr
Best Answer

I'm curious to see what Fitbit has to say about this.. I installed the new release yesterday, and my Sense continues to restart randomly as before. I also still have the "false long-press" issue as well. I can't see any change with the new release 3.35 (20243544)

Best Answer

Fitbit has been completely unresponsive on the restart issue. When they write to me, they always tell me to restart my device and point to the site that shows how to do that. This is diversionary advice and makes no sense, the device restarts itself many times a day. They just put out a new firmware release that does not fix the problem (after installing it I see at least as many if not more restarts). Based on my own observations and those of others on this thread, I think the ONLY solution will be a replacement, as the problem is likely due to a hardware fault. Rubbinio's experience seems pretty definitive on this point.

Fitbit, are you listening? You've sold many of us a defective device and I expect you to stand by your customers. And please don't tell me to restart my device again.

Best Answer

Well.....not only is my sense restarting 5 times every 10 minutes or so, now the battery is needing to be charged after 1 day. Great update, Fitbit. Just excellent. I'm so glad I shelled out 300 euros on a watch that is full of bugs and is basically useless.

Best Answer

I've spoken too soon 😂 

@LizzyFitbit @Fitbit  What's going on. I've tried to be supportive and patience, this is not the best customer support you have given.

I get it, new product, poor testing and bugs. I offered to help, beta testing or just a loyal customer who wants the same stats from my old 3 devices.

Sleep last night was 23:18 to 00:26 and then 03:57 to 07:14. My question is, did I die between 00:26 to 03:57???

But I have a full pulse breakdown, indicating something is really wrong. 

I have set a pin for the device lock, which show me every time it's rebooting as every morning I have to put in the PIN? Its placement is the same as my Ionic and maybe a little tighter, but I have had to change wrists tonight as I now have a rash from the underneath of the metal plate and the unfolding strap. I can send pictures but my retailer says it's down to you to fix the problem.

Fitbit Premium has been enabled but I only have 6 months, can I trust this watch? No, and I only have 4 months left now!

Please can you sort it, this year has been tough enough with Covid-19 to all of us and your end-users! Spending hard-earned money for disappointment is not what we want.

Best Answer

I’d personally decided to return for a refund as soon as the retailer is accepting returns post lockdown. 
I’ve been a Fitbit user since the very first model was introduced but I’m done with this sense. Lost faith in its accuracy and not to mention the restarts. 
I’ll prob be shot for saying this but seriously considering replacing with an Apple Watch. 

Really hope Fitbit can resolve for their remaining customers. £300 for a device that’s riddled with issues is not good. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Low610 Apple is crossing to the Darkside, but fully understand why you think this way. My Ionic was fine until they updated it to the same algorithm the Sense is using. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven’t wanted to but now the device is £300, it’s not that much more to get an Apple Watch which will integrate with my other apple products perfectly. 
Dare I say it, I think the Apple device will be more reliable too. 
Feel the sense has been rushed to market and it’s plagued with issues. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey Everyone

All of this is very disappointing. I do however suggest from personal
experience is to call or chat with customer support to log your incident.
The community forum is helpful, though it is not actual records of issues.

The best traction for all of us is to have as many incidents logged as
possible. This will show to their production support team that this is a
significant issue.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @drod206, the problem is we all get told the same thing. Restart it, reboot it, factory restart it and nothing changes.

As well you know, I have posted their response of a fix and many have said we have all received the same scripted message.

Best Answer

I'm starting to think like @Low610, Not used an apple product since iPhone 3GS, as a developer we are trapped to their OS but if it works should I reconsider? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@carsimon2609 

I totally understand the sentiments. Having worked in software production support, I found that this is the most responsive way to gain traction on an issue. That being, I hope they are listening to this thread and expedite a fix.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, agree. They did the same thing to me too. I’ve been in IT for 20+ years and knew this was just a fob off. No offer to replace. I suspect they know there’s an issue. 
Sadly, mine is being returned and I’ll look elsewhere for a product to meet my needs. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@drod206 There should be mitigating fixes with the firmware update. If your device is still restarting can you let us know how often this is occurring and we can report this to the team? 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I updated my firmware (44.128.4.15), things have gotten worse with my Sense. Several times a day my Sense acts as if I'm doing repeated "long presses" in bursts. I've set my Sense up so a "long press" switches to the altimeter app, so I know when it's happened. This happens a number of times and the button is non responsive while it's happening. In short, my Sense goes wacko. Sometimes it recovers, sometimes it restarts.

To be sure I'm not using a flakey 3rd-party clock face, I only use Fitbit clock faces. I just switched from Spectrum to Business.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The latest firmware is absolutely horrible. Both my and my wife's Sense (which were stable and had great battery life after multiple device exchanges as i have detailed in my previous posts) have now gone insane. Multiple times a day both devices acts as if they are receiving  "long presses". Mine does not have long press setup so it takes me to the setup screen and vibrates. My wife's is set to start Alexa so she sees that starting for no reason. On top of that my 6 days battery life is now down to be on pace for 3-ish days. Down 28% after 1 day on mine, did not check hers.

I am honestly contemplating sending both back to Amazon because @ close to 500$ each in Canada this is absurd. I have never had these kinds of issues with any of my previous Fitbits.

Best Answer

Rubbinio, I agree we are seeing the same thing since installing the new firmware update. I see false "long presses" that happen spontaneously and sometimes in bursts. It's as if the thing has a mind of its own, then it finally restarts. Whether it's hardware or firmware, I can't say. The button on my Sense goes crazy on its own.

Maybe it's good that it got worse after the firmware update. Maybe it's firmware not hardware and it's possible they could fix it with a proper firmware update.

Best Answer

Mine is doing the same. The button suddenly goes really sensitive, vibrating at the slightest touch, and then restarts maybe 5 times. Yesterday and again today it even went to the setup screen. And now the battery is crap after the update. I DM'd support yesterday and their only suggestion was to restart it....seriously?! I'm really wanting to just return it and buy an apple watch...

Best Answer

My Fitbit was returned yesterday for a full refund. I may consider coming back in the future but for now, I’m staying well away until they sort this out. 
Looks like I’ll be going to the dark side and buying an Apple Watch. 
I really hope you all get a resolution on this soon and Fitbit can restore confidence with their loyal customers 🤞👍

Best Answer