Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense Keeps Restarting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve only had my Sense for 2 days but it has restarted no less than 15-20 times during the two days. I’ve tried manually restarting it and changing the clock face. Nothing seems to help. I notice it because it vibrates slightly during the restart. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?

while on a run yesterday, I tracked the exercise like I always did with my Versa 2 and during the exercise, the Sense vibrated many times. I have it notify me every mile but I only went 2 miles and received 10 or so notifications. When I looked at the Sense, there was no notification on the screen. 

I don’t know if these two things are related, but they are irritating. 

Thanks

Best Answer
211 REPLIES 211
I received a replacement yesterday. I've set it up and wore it overnight.
No issues yet. I will post back here on how it goes.
Best Answer

Hey everyone - if your Sense continues to restart on the latest firmware, we would like to pass your information on to our team. Can you please let us know the make and model of the device you are using and how many times this happens. Thanks for help and reports. 

Actively managing your weight? Find accountability buddies on the Manage Weight board

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a Fitbit Sense running 3.35 (20243544). I can't find a specific model number

As I've told you repeatedly, my Sense restarts many times a day. 

I also report a related symptom. If I enable Shortcuts/Press&Hold, the selected shortcut starts often when I am not pressing the button. It looks to me like  "long press" is occurring on its own. At times that happens in bursts, with the shortcut invoked repeatedly and the device vibrating in bursts as well. Then the device usually restarts.

I don't have hard data, but this seems to have gotten worse since the last update

I am very frustrated by all this. I had a Versa for 2.5 years, which I really liked and I never had any trouble. Until Sept when the entire face fell out of the frame. I'm aware that these products have a finite life, but that seems like a failure that should not happen. For a few days I was able to shove it back in and it would work, but after about a week it quit. So I bought the new Sense.

I've spent over $500 on your products and I'm pretty unhappy. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have set mine to require a password for device lock, so I know when it has rebooted. Happens at least 3 times a day.

Activation date 2020-09-25

Version 44.128.4.15

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry forgot to add, charged 100% UK time around 4-5 pm 03/12/2020 and today at 19:23 04/12/2020 with NO GPS usage battery 57%. 

At this rate, I have a 2-3 day watch if I don't use any features 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is still restarting at least 6 times per day in bursts of maybe 5. Which is more than it did before the firmware update. Sometimes It will start vibrating at the slightest touch and then begins restarting. Because of all the restarts, the clock is always off by at least 15 minutes, so there's no point in setting any alarms for the morning. Sometimes it goes to the setup screen and I have to download and set everything up all over again. I haven't really used the gps since the weather changed. Most notifications are turned off, press and hold is disabled, as well as double press. I'm running the latest ios app version with the new firmware update. Activation date 09-26-2020, model FB512.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Ok, for full transparency - Fitbit sent me a replacement device. I have had
no issues with it for the last two days, except a minor software issue
where text was not showing on the screen. That was resolved by restarting
the watch.

I do encourage everyone to call, chat, with support and advocate for a
replacement device. I have full confidence that the moderators here are
advocating for this thread, though I believe the best option is to get
individual incidents logged with the support team.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

mine has been doing the restart at least once a day - this may happen more but I have noticed it only once a day - usually before mid-day. Also Sleep, Water and Weight logs to Today are coming Later. On watch those are sowing lines. Phone app are showing them. They come eventually to watch but it takes time (maybe they come only after the restart has happened). This was not the case with previous firmware - with old version all this was working fine. 

Activation: 2020-09-28

Version: 44.128.4.15

MAC: F0:51:EA:C7:3A:BE

Model: FB512

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone.

Thanks for replying back with the requested information. This situation has been forwarded to our team so they can further investigate what may be occurring and identify a solution for all our affected members. I'll update this thread once I have more details from them.

Your patience and feedback are truly appreciated.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello everyone

Day 3 and the new watch seems to be functioning without issue. I however
just saw this post on my Google feed. I am curious if anyone has received
the email as noted.

https://gizmodo.com/if-you-bought-a-fitbit-sense-recently-you-should-check-1845806948
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm a bit mystified about this. Fitbit seems very concerned about some users having a problem with the ECG feature, while many of us are experiencing a fundamental problem with our units restarting spontaneously many times a day. They've done nothing to address the restart problem and in fact their latest update seems to make it worse. They keep telling us to be patient. Fitbit, can you explain why you are ignoring us?

Best Answer

Update: I got an email today saying that I'll be getting an email soon about my options... 🤦🏼‍:female_sign:🤬

Nope, didn't get any email. Not for any 'hardware issue' or for my open case with fitbit support 😒

Best Answer
0 Votes

Just downloaded the latest firmware update, 44.128.4.17. Let's hope for the best. Let's hope the wacko button presses and spontaneous restarts got fixed. I'll update when I learn something.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

got to the same firmware today morning. At first seemed to be better ... till in the evening Sense rebooted itself. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

bummer. I suspect I'll be reporting the same soon. Maybe the wacko button presses will be reduced. Does anyone know that the update was intended to fix?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Updated this morning, no reboots so far and google assistant is active.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update, day 2 of new firmware. STILL restarting. Just as often as before. Nothing is fixed. All I want is a watch that works as advertised. I currently have a 300 euro clunky bracelet that vibrates and restarts at the slightest touch. Why is this issue being completely ignored?! I still haven't heard anything from support.  @LizzyFitbit 

Just downloaded the new firmware this morning. It already began restarting...I was sooo hoping the problem would be fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After I installed the new firmware, I've seen one restart within about 12 hrs. So far, no sign of the flakey, wacko super-sensitive button problem. So maybe they fixed something. But the spontaneous restart problem persists.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi All

I have used the Fitbit sent replacement device for a week now. I have had
zero restarts since starting to use it. I may have had some long press
issues, though still working to confirm that.

It might be too early to say, though this looks like these issues may be
truly hardware related and not software.
Best Answer

I had mine replaced through Amazon after suffering constant restarts.  Since then restarts are a thing of the past.

Best Answer
0 Votes