Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Sense not holding charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’m charging my Sense to 100% each time, but suddenly not holding charge. 
Have to charge it twice a day to get through the day and the night.

Not changed any settings? Only used to charge every 3/4 days. Anyone else have issues or suggestions please? 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Fitbit community, @CindersP!

Sad to hear that you're having an issue with your Fitbit Sense's battery.
In general it's not a good idea to charge any Lithium ion battery to 100 percent with every charging cycle. Best practice is keeping your device's charge between 15 and 90 percent to not harm battery lifetime in the long run.

To hopefully get things fixed you could try restarting your device by keeping it's button pressed for around 10 seconds until you'll see the Fitbit logo on it's display. Next I'd suggest trying to recondition your Sense's battery runtime by first letting it drain completely until your device will shut off. Then give it a full charge which will take quite a long time.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Talahthas, Fitbit Community Council
Charge, Charge HR, Blaze, Versa, Versa 2, Charge 5, Versa 4, Aria, Aria 2, Pixel 4a, Pixel 7
Best Answer

Mine us having issues too. The watch froze up and the only way to fix it was to unpair it from my phone and then re-pair it. When pairing it back to the phone it had to run an update, which took many hours. Since then it has to be charged almost daily. Prior to then, I only had to charge it about once a week. It is configured the same as before. Something in that update must be draining the battery.

Best Answer

Welcome to the forums @CindersP @AJBACHERT.

Thank you for sharing the inquiry regarding the difficulty that you are experiencing with Sense. 

Please confirm that you have followed all the steps listed in this article to help you battery drains.

Thanks for helping @Talahthas

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, thanks for the link, I will double check the settings but I have not really changed how I charge my Fitbit or the settings, it’s only recently that I have the issue with it not holding the charge, so I’m thinking too, can it be related to a software update that has altered something?

Any advice welcome please 

Thank you 

---

Thanks for your comment. 
I’d had to restart mine too and pair/unpair when it wasn’t synching, so I’m now thinking the same - could it be to do with a software update that has altered something.

I love my Fitbit and the data it shows, hoping I can get it to work properly as expect it to last longer and don’t want to swap to other brand really.

thanks for help 

---

Thanks for advice, but it does drain completely about twice a day, then restarts when I charge it up.

Never had this issue before and quite concerned it’s suddenly happened,

couldn’t be related to a software update?

any advice appreciated 

thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m having the same issue. Saturday I charged my Sense to 100%. Sometime during the night Sunday the battery drained to zero. I charged when I woke up Monday morning & have had power drains that drastically cut use for the last 2 days. Tuesday I had to charge twice during the day. I woke up about a half hour ago with a full charge and am down 8% while doing nothing. I’ve followed all advice to remove apps, change to power conservation, and still experience the drain. No updates are available. My Sense is only 2 years old. My last Fitbit held up 4 years. Disappointed isn’t even close to describing how I feel about it.

Best Answer

Sounds just like the problem I am having and only had two years. I feel like it is related to an update that is draining it, but have reduced or turned off many more setting than before,

Best Answer
0 Votes