Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give permissions to Google Routines again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've recently discovered that I can't use a bunch of google services (routines) from my watch anymore. This is really inconvenient as they were really helpful before and now no longer work. I paid good money for this watch and can't use it for half the things I bought it for... Google is handy... When you let it work! 😡 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.  

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Hi @Oomsy , you mind elaborating a bit more about which services are not working any more please. BTW i don't use both alexia & Goolge on the sense.

Best Answer

As @Oomsy  says, its the Google routines that don't and haven't worked for months. They were working when Google Assistant first appeared on the watch and suddenly from one day to the next they stopped working.

A routine is when you set up a set of operations to perform on a specific command. EG. Instead of saying turn on room 1 light, you could say switch on Kitchen light which might be assigned to {turn on both room1 and room 2 lights and say done}.

It was reported in May 2021 but nothing has been done and no solution has been offered to fix it.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Try setting up Google assistant again. 

I think you may be asking about Google assistant? 

It sounds like you are not asking about the Google assistant on the watch, but how Google assistant works. 

What error message are you receiving @Oomsy?

Can you elaborate for us who are unable to see over your shoulder? 

A few months ago I started having an issue where Google Assistant, on the phone, tablet, and watch stopped working with groups of switches, giving the error of no device called XYZ is connected. 

It works fine with Alexis. 

Best Answer

Thanks @Rich_Laue  - how do you set it up again?

Or do you mean reconnect which you HAVE to do every time you login?

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, it's not the google assistant. That works. I want my google routines to work again from my watch. When you say for example " Good morning" and it will tell you the weather, what's on your calendar and turn your volume up. I can ask to google anything "what's the weather" but my google routines won't work. It says Routines aren't supported on this device (aka, my sense watch)

Best Answer

they never offer a solution to fix things apparently... they just "take it into consideration". You spend $500 on a watch but can't use it to the best of its availability because it doesn't support a bunch of things. 

Best Answer

Google has a routine feature. You can use the routine feature on your phone but not your watch. Says routines aren't supported. I don't use Alexa, only google. 

Best Answer

Yes that's the problem, the Google routines aren't supported message but it's when using Google Assistant on the watch.

If you use Google assistant on the phone the routines work so it's a Fitbit issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Oomsy  - you are correct, don't think I've seen a resolution to any of the reported problems, at least haven't seen any announcements that they are fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, works on my phone. but defeats the purpose of being able to use google on your watch. bit inconvenient to have to go get my phone from somewhere in the house to use the routine feature when I have google on my wrist. Or sitting there yelling "OK GOOGLE" when it should work on my fitbit. They need to fix this. Unacceptable. They still haven't fixed the Fitbit pay issue (unsupported banks) and that has been YEARS! 

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us @Oomsy, @m-umar, @Guy_, @Rich_Laue. Thank you for sharing your Google routines inquiry.

This feature is currently not supported by Fitbit.  We're constantly striving to improve Fitbit products and services, and we appreciate all of the input we receive from our customers. The best place to make your voice heard is the Feature Suggestion board

Thanks for your feedback and for participating in our community!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@AndreaFitbit  - Hi Andrea, Google routines were working fine from February to June 2021 approximately, so it is a bug it is not working now.

It definitely must not be considered a feature suggestion because they never get implemented and we don't want that to happen, it just needs fixing.

Are you able to escalate it? Please

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for the clarification @Guy_

@Oomsy, could you please follow the steps to set up and interact with Google Assistant of help article: How do I use a voice assistant on my Fitbit smartwatch? If the advised steps don't work, could you please provide me with a screenshot? 

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

@AndreaFitbit  - thanks for follow up.

20211013_213347.jpg

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for adding your screenshot @Guy_.

With this I can escalate the Google Routines situation. Let's just wait to see if we can get more screenshots. 

Thank you. 

Best Answer

Thank you, Guy!!!! It's really frustrating how the support team doesn't even know what we're talking about. I don't need to set up google assistant on my watch... because  That works! Hopefully, they figure this out! Unfortunately, they are giving me more reasons not to get another fit bit when this one craps out (which I am sure will be @ 14 months... 2 months past warranty). 

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

What more do you want... Guy gave you the screenshot of what happens. That's the only thing that happens (or doesn't I suppose). It says it's not supported... I don't know what else you expect to get.

Best Answer

Thank you for getting back to us and for your comments @Oomsy.

I have escalated this to our team and they are looking into your inquiry. 

UPDATE: a ticket was filed in order to follow up with this issue. I´ll keep you posted @Guy_.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Hi @AndreaFitbit ,- thanks for your effort, though have noticed that Google Assistant does not work at all now if you logout and login and try to set up voice assistant again .

You end up with a blank screen in the Fitbit App.

Clearing the cache and force stopping the App does not fix it.

Does this mean they are working on it?

Or does it mean that Google Assistant doesn't work at all? Or is there a fix for this new bug?

Best Answer