Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give permissions to Google Routines again

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've recently discovered that I can't use a bunch of google services (routines) from my watch anymore. This is really inconvenient as they were really helpful before and now no longer work. I paid good money for this watch and can't use it for half the things I bought it for... Google is handy... When you let it work! 😡 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity.  

Best Answer
46 REPLIES 46

Hi @Guy_. Thank you for getting back to me and for the reminder. 

I'll ask our team and let you know if there is an update.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AndreaFitbit  - thanks again for your great follow up.

In the meantime, the good news is there has been a new Google App update on November 1st which seems to have cleared the blank screen issue in the Fitbit App when trying to connect the voice assistant and it does connect now.

Once connected standard Google Assistant will respond to "what time is it" but then throws up a "no internet" message saying the phone is not connected to the internet which is clearly an error because everything needing internet on the phone is working fine.

Routines are still not working, as before.  And since testing routines the "no internet" message hasn't appeared again.

It's all very fragile and inconsistent, even clearing the cache and force stopping the Fitbit App didn't help.

So we are back to square one where Google routines aren't working.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for your update @Guy_

I asked and there's no update for this issue and we added the information you shared to the ticket. If I get updates about this I will post them here.

Thank you for your patience and participation in our community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Routines are still not working. I was surprised when I bought the Versa 3 to discover that it doesn't support routines, and I'm apparently not the only one.

The issue seems to be going on since May (from what I read on the Internet)... Any update or timeline on this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone!

Thanks for letting us know about this issue. We’re aware of it, but may not be able to provide a fix in the immediate future. We'll continue to monitor the situation, and keep our team informed of the impact to you and other customers. We understand that this isn't the resolution you're hoping for, but rest assured we're always working to improve our products.

We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Best Answer

Hi @AndreaFitbit  - thanks so much for trying to get it resolved and for the update.

Patience is a virtue!

Best Answer

That's very unfortunate. If I read between the lines, this issue won't be fixed. In order to better understand it, I would like to know why this is. Is it a technical, legal, financial,... issue with Google? I also think that you should mention this explicitly when selling the watch. If you don't bring back this function, I'm returning my watch to the reseller because this is not what I paid for. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @Guy_ and @Flying_Hawkic.

@Guy_, I tried. As you said, patience is a virtue...

Thanks for your feedback @Flying_HawkicWe don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on what you share here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand, but it doesn't solve my issue unfortunately 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for your feedback @Flying_Hawkic.

I'm sorry to hear your issue wasn't resolved.

Have a nice day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently bought a Fitbit Versa 3  because it would control my google home routines. After i installed the google assistent i tryed to use my google home routines. The watch then gave the response routines are not supported. 

After installing the google assistent i called the support desk. They responded with an e mail link about how to install the google assistent. Because this did not answer my question i send an e mail to the support desk. They send me the same response. I then posted this problem in the fitbit community. I then got a response from Guy, about this post , thanks for that Guy. Apperently the google home routines have not been working for almost a year now. 

I find it strange that the support desk did not give this answer straight away.

Certainly beceause this problem has been appearing for such a long time now.

I think i will return my watch since as it appears this problem won't be solved.  

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing your question @sanderjanssens

Currently Google routines are not available. 

Best Answer

Good day all,

Somehow only 1 of my routines work. It was the 1st one that I setup.  I noticed that that particular routine (I'm home), has a green check mark on it and the others don't.

I tried to mimic what I did with that one to no avail. I'm getting the same error message as the others. I'm wondering why that one happens to work if it's "not supported"?

Screenshot_20220313-221516.png

Please assist.

Thanks in advance!!

Best Answer

Hi @711bigmac - Is the tick referring to Enable routine?

20220314_065652.jpg

None of my enabled routines work - it could be that your "I'm home" is also a standard command which it's responding to?

I tried "I'm home", the first time result was "routines aren't currently supported on this device", the second time, the result was "How lovely welcome back", possibly because I used "I'm going out" and other standard commands in between.

It would be nice to know what is causing the routines not to work, because they used to work fine until one day they stopped, may be because of a change made by Google, not yet implemented by Fitbit since.

@AndreaFitbittried hard to get this resolved, thanks go to her for trying.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello,

In my screen shot, there's a green check mark on the house in (I'm home). I'm not sure if that is standard or if it means something?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@711bigmac  - could just be the icon used, the screen shot is too small to see it. Do you have actions for it and for leaving home?

It could be that some actions are standard so the routine runs, and that the routines requiring access to third party are blocked.

Though a routine that just speaks didn't work for me, it was considered just a routine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Now, 2 of them are working. The commuting home & the I'm home, but they are preset and not created... Pic below

Screenshot_20220314-020032.png

Screenshot_20220314-020047.png

One broadcast I'm home & the other broadcast I'm on my way home?!?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Click on the screen shot. I just posted that another one is working, but that one doesn't have a check mark.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wonder what would happen if you used a preset one? Pic below.

Screenshot_20220314-021618.png

 Where it says add device, is your device listed? It's a long alphabetized list. If the command already woks with the phone, then try saying the action and not the starter.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@711bigmac The "I'm Home" is probably green checked because that's what's currently active as, I'm assuming, you or someone were home when you took the screenshot. Mine is green checked as well because I'm currently home and if no one was, Away would be green checked.

Best Answer
0 Votes