Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to add a notification sound on Sense?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is it possible to add a notification sound on the Fitbit sense? I know this model is equipped with a speaker because I take calls on it from time to time. I have been through every setting I can think of and even looked at 3rd party apps I could download. Still can't seem to find anything for a simple notification sound. Am I missing something glaringly obvious or is this basic feature simply missing?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and updated label

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hi @Zchairvolotti. Welcome! It's good to see a new face around the forums.

I'm glad you've been taken advantage of your Sense. Let me explain that it's not possible to hear a sound when receiving a notification on your watch. I understand how much you'd like to have this feature available and I'd encourage you to post it in the Feature Suggestions board. That way other members can support it by adding their votes and it can get the attention of our developers. I'm sure your feedback won't be gone unnoticed.

See you around.

Best Answer

I found this suggestion that, although dedicated to alarms, covers notifications as well in the discussion.

Best Answer

I agree we need sound.

Best Answer

Agree we need sound 

Best Answer

We REALLY need sound on this. It is perfect except for no sound. Please make it happen

Best Answer

Hi @Zchairvolotti -  the sound is an absolute must especially given the poor vibration.

Can a moderator follow up on whether sound or better vibration is likely to be made available any time soon?

What is baffling is if the watch can relay the phone's speaker output to the watch during a phone call, why can't it relay the output of a phone ring tone or beep to the watch as well. A watch alarm or notification could easily be configured to optionally play a registered audio from the phone.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer

Definitely we need a sound notification, plus it would be an encouragement to go even better when working out...like 'yay' or 'keep going' or 'way to go your on peak!!

Just this flimsy vibrate is so disappointing and offers no spirit of encouragement especially with a fitness watch!   Come on developers give us an app that we can add to our Sense.  

Best Answer

Same. I have mine on strong vibrate and I never feel it vibrate at all. Not on a call or text. 

Best Answer

Whats the point? It's not like they plan to change it anytime soon. Wish I knew that this basic feature to have a sound notification wasn't apart of this watch. How am I suppose to wake up to alarms with this? Despite the fact it has a speaker, very disappointing!

Best Answer

Hi @Heyitsjae  - correct, there are requests to add sound, but the watch currently works primarily as a Bluetooth speaker to the phone.

It would be a nice feature to have especially as the vibration is so weak.

In the interim if you don't feel the alarm there is always the telephone as an alarm which does make a sound.

Author | ch, passion for improvement.

Best Answer