Audible alarms and notifications on Sense series, Versa 3 and Versa 4

Now that both devices have a speaker and they can be used for phone calls, it would be nice to have a ringtone or a beep sound for the alarm.

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
242 Comments
Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Rinopopo. Thanks for taking the time to share this suggestion about making audible alarms on the Sense and Versa 3 with us. We rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

Totally worth it. I can't believe we recommend this function in 2020. It should be included as an option.

TheNightSkyGuy
Base Runner

agreed - we have a speaker - why not include audible alarms. Seems like a no-brainer.

Big 👍 vote

Rinopopo
Runner

@LizzyFitbit how many votes approximately do Fitbit need to consider a feature like this?

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

That would be a nice addition to their services.

mfs800
Recovery Runner

I too would like the option for audible alarms.

jbender68
Base Runner

the vibration for notifications is too light and short, so a sound option would be nice (or an option to set a vibrate pattern)

SunsetRunner
Not applicable

I want the audible alarm!😀

from Japan 🙂

Miscad
Jogger

Come on Fitbit, get with it! You have a speaker on the Sense, let's make the best use of it! This should be factory for alarms! Please enable this! Also, you should make it so you can have a notification sound on all your notifications! Make it so consumers can enable or disable depending on the notifications in their settings. This would be a great addition to these watches that have speakers! If cheap knock off brands that sell for much cheaper can have this, so can you!

These are basics in the smartwatch world right now, they should already be on the Sense and Versa 3!

Jonic1
Jogger

When I read up on the specs of the Versa 3, I didn't pick up on the fact that it didn't specify audible alarms and notifications... I expected it would be a factory setting?

If older versions have this, why not this watch which is newest on the market? Also not being able to make or receive calls as of yet, why release it before it has that function?

Love the watch itself but these things are a massive let down.

ADSJD
Recovery Runner

I am seriously thinking about upgrading from my Ionic to the new Sense; however, I will not do so until the Audible Alarm feature has be included.  As my Ionic is not charging properly I may have to go to a competitor, although I would prefer to stay with Fitbit.

FredyH
Jogger
The Fitbit Sense (and possibly some other watches?) has an integrated speaker somewhere, so it would be nice if we could add an optional sound to alarms.
YojanaFitbit
Moderator Alum
Moderator Alum

Hi @FredyH, thanks for explaining why you would like to have the option to see audible alarms on Sense and Versa 3. Thanks for sharing your feedback. I've moved it into a similar request.  A lot of users are asking for this option, I hope we receive updates soon.

GeorgeMski
Jogger

Given that there is a speaker on the Sense, why on earth doesn't Fitbit make use of it (for example with audible alarms)?

Definitely gets my vote.

Newtripley
Tempo Runner
I have the brilliant Versa 3 and am really pleased with it
What I would really like is Sounds for notifications and alarms

Moderator edit: Clarified subject
Odyssey13
Community Legend

@Newtripley  my phone makes sounds for both. You want the actual device to make the sounds? Interesting idea.

Status changed to: Reviewed By Moderator
LizzyFitbit
Premium User
Fitbit Moderator
Fitbit Moderator

Hi @Newtripley. Thanks for taking the time to share this idea about having audible notifications for your Versa 3 with us. You might also be interested in this other suggestionWe rely on feedback like yours to help us develop products and features that we know our community wants to see. If this suggestion receives votes from other customers and gains popularity, it will be shared internally with various teams at Fitbit. To learn more about how Fitbit decides which suggestions get developed, visit our FAQs.

Watch this space for status updates. In the meantime, try visiting Health & Wellness to talk with other members about all things health and fitness.

EricTune
Base Runner

Definitely needed as the vibration is just not enough to wake you up properly. Fitbit should make better use of the speaker for timers and alarms.

Neo-knight
Stepping Up

We need this function audible alarms would be amazing. G

PammyTX
First Steps

Just purchased my second Fitbit, a Sense and was disappointed it does not have audible timer and alarm. Vibrate is ok but audible would vastly improve the features. 

d.james
First Steps

I would use this daily!

Sounds like a fairly easy fix that would help a lot those of us that dont get woken up by the vibration and would only decrease the battery life minimally.

Zchairvolotti
Jogger

I'd use this daily as well, please add alarms as well as notifications!!!

Klbhferis
First Steps

I totally agree. This watch needs audible alarms or beebs when receiving notifications or calls. Can't believe there's a speaker and it's not being used for this purpose. 

jebbott1
First Steps

Adding an audible alarm so you can track heart rate while exercising just make sense. 

kmac56
Recovery Runner

The vibration alarm is too easy to miss.  I need an audible option. 

To comment, you must first accept the terms of the Idea and Feedback Submission policy.